Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:36   #961

In city traffic (1/3 distance with long open stretch and 2/3 regular traffic with occasional stop and go), I am getting 14 to 17 in comfort and 15.5 to 18.1 in eco-pro. Somehow it just improved after the mileage crossed 21k. Wonder if there is some change is software programming at that mileage level since someone else also posted similar figures recently...
rolling_stone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:32   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
However, I was looking for a proper heating function like my Elantra has (which blows literally hot air on the H mode).
Keeping the aircon temp to 22 or 24 will certainly not blow hot air but rather 24ish lukewarm air. Therefore it is best to keep blower to 1 or 2 (low setting while heating). Understandably, cold hands, ears (and nose!) want hot blower air for quick relief. My way out is to convert one or two ducts (driver side and mid right) to hot vents by rotating the temp dial from blue to red and then increasing blower speed to mid level. Once I'm comfortable then I rotate the dials back to blue and reduce the blower to minimum. Hope this works for you too!
rolling_stone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:02   #963
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Probably a stupid question for a BMW, but what is the mileage you are getting in city and the highway?

Is 11-13 KMPL (only using Eco Pro, under running in period) for city driving, a good mileage for 320d?

Just curious that my car is performing well engine wise.
I've only run mine for 375 kms so far and the city average with comfort mode has been 11.9 km/ltr. I feel it's still amazing since my Elantra only averages 9-10 km/ltr.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 11:48   #964
BHPian

Alright! Here are some initial pictures of my "Cheetah On Redbull".

Yeah, I am calling it that because the moment you put your foot down, it turns into a cheetah whose been given a serious dosage of redbull.

Apologies for the picture quality. Since I was in a hurry, I had to use my phone cam. Will try to post a proper and full review soon.

Plus a special thanks goes out to Dr. Mohit for guiding me along the whole purchase process.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-1st.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-2nd.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-3rd.jpg  

Last edited by rahul_jo : 26th December 2015 at 11:50.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 16:52   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alright! Here are some initial pictures of my "Cheetah On Redbull".
Congrats Rahul, we deserve better pics man. I have already clocked 3000 kms on my Black 320D and an ownership report is in the making. You have put the name apt, acceleration is indeed brutal once you flex your right foot. Complete the running in and you would love the shove you will get with car in sports mode and transmission in sports as well.

Keep the tyre pressures in check with these runflats, i find the recommended pressure too high. I keep 32 all around in city and find the ride extremely smooth.
Old 26th December 2015, 20:33   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats Rahul, we deserve better pics man. I have already clocked 3000 kms on my Black 320D and an ownership report is in the making. You have put the name apt, acceleration is indeed brutal once you flex your right foot. Complete the running in and you would love the shove you will get with car in sports mode and transmission in sports as well.

Keep the tyre pressures in check with these runflats, i find the recommended pressure too high. I keep 32 all around in city and find the ride extremely smooth.
Sure thing. Not just more pictures, I'll try my best to get a proper review down.

Also, are you using your own pressure pump or just getting it checked/done at petrol stations?

Yeah, I heard that they recommend pumping the fronts at 34-35 psi and the rear at 37. However, when I got the delivery mine were set at 32 PSI. So far I've crossed 400 kms and I know I'll be crossing the first 4 figures pretty soon.

On a side note, something even more exciting happened recently. While I was at the BMW dealership to get my number plates, I casually asked the rep if they had any M cars on display. Luckily, they had an M4 parked in the basement and the guy was nice enough to let me have a peek.

I was tempted to do a lot more than visually see it inside and out. I asked him if it was possible to hear the engine and without the slightest bit of hesitation, he let me get in the drivers seat and rev it. It sounded like an angry lion ready to pounce. That was one sweet experience.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 26th December 2015 at 20:44.
Old 26th December 2015, 21:32   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, are you using your own pressure pump or just getting it checked/done at petrol stations?
I have bought a Coido digital tyre pressure gauge with auto cut off and use it to check pressure in all my car. Do not trust these petrol pump gauges as they are never calibrated and are off by 3-4 PSI.

Quote:
However, when I got the delivery mine were set at 32 PSI. So far I've crossed 400 kms and I know I'll be crossing the first 4 figures pretty soon.
That tyre pressure at 35-37 is too high for our road conditions, the ride would be jarring and you risk damaging your tyres if you hit a pothole hard. See what suits you and set accordingly but dont go too high.

Quote:
That was one sweet experience.
That is a sweet experience indeed, had a taxi ride in the M3 during Experience tour at Buddh and was blown away.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 00:10   #968
BHPian

Quote:

That tyre pressure at 35-37 is too high for our road conditions, the ride would be jarring and you risk damaging your tyres if you hit a pothole hard. See what suits you and set accordingly but dont go too high.

I was told by the sales rep that the recommended tyre pressure 32 front and 34 Rear (17inch tyres) helps maintain sidewall rigidity and thereby contributing to longer life of the RFTs.
Old 27th December 2015, 05:42   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the sales rep that the recommended tyre pressure 32 front and 34 Rear (17inch tyres) helps maintain sidewall rigidity and thereby contributing to longer life of the RFTs.
My car on 16 inch has around 10mm more sidewall than your car giving better ride owing to different tyre size. I found the ride harsh by keeping 34 at rear, if you are happy then you can keep using this pressure.

1-2 psi up/down are not going to heavily affect the tyre life, F30's rear end is a touch soft and high pressures at rear aggravate the rear bounce over undulations.
Old 27th December 2015, 05:46   #970
BHPian

Quote:

Somehow on the Germans there are a myriad recommendations from the Sales Rep, The Manual, based on passengers traveling in the car as shown behind Fuel Filler cap etc and they don't match. Wonder which one to follow. Logically should go with Mfr recommendations but I guess they do not even bother to amend as per local conditions.
Old 27th December 2015, 23:56   #971
BHPian

Quote:
1-2 psi up/down are not going to heavily affect the tyre life, F30's rear end is a touch soft and high pressures at rear aggravate the rear bounce over undulations.
The way the rear handles and sounds when you go over unexpected undulations is quite unnerving. Let me see if lower air pressure makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msudhir View Post
Somehow on the Germans there are a myriad recommendations from the Sales Rep, The Manual, based on passengers traveling in the car as shown behind Fuel Filler cap etc and they don't match. Wonder which one to follow. Logically should go with Mfr recommendations but I guess they do not even bother to amend as per local conditions.
Rule of thumb, I would stick with manufacturer recommended unless the collective wisdom says otherwise. My 320d sport line has run only 300 kms so far, so I have zero experience at the moment.
Old 28th December 2015, 17:26   #972
bhp
BHPian

I have been using 30psi for city and highway drives since more then 3 years now on runflats and luckily i havent faced any issue of side wall bursts. Run flats with higher pressure are more prone of side wall damage in our road conditions. The company recommendation was 34-36psi, which makes the car ride very stiff in our country.
Old 3rd January 2016, 05:26   #973
BHPian

Quote:
I have bought a Coido digital tyre pressure gauge with auto cut off and use it to check pressure in all my car. Do not trust these petrol pump gauges as they are never calibrated and are off by 3-4 PSI.
One more question in regards to tyre pressure. I've been looking at the vehicle status within the IDrive and the tyre pressure monitoring system.

I was wondering how accurate that is?

So far it's consistently shown green for all 4 tyres even after multiple resets and it's been a month since I've had the car.

In short, I haven't gotten the tyres re-pumped even once. So my question is - Is is enough to trust this system within the car or should I always manually check the pressure?
Old 3rd January 2016, 05:52   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In short, I haven't gotten the tyres re-pumped even once. So my question is - Is is enough to trust this system within the car or should I always manually check the pressure?
If you have not got the tyres re pumped even once, then you are not supposed to reset the TPMS. Reset is done only when you fill correct tyre pressure and then hit the reset button to tell the system that this is the reference level for it to detect low pressures.

If you keep resetting it every 10 days, it would accept whatever pressure is there in all 4 tyres, even if it is lower than specified. Reset after filling correct pressures and then fiddle with it only once you get air filled again.

TPMS would not detect a 3-4 psi drop as it is based on wheel speed differences but would throw a warning once the difference gets larger and it detects a puncture.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 14:01   #975
BHPian

AND IT STUCK ME LIKE A LIGHTNING!

From not having a thought about it till 16th to bringing it home on 20th. Yes that's how fast it happened, speaks a lot about how mightily it impressed me.

So Joy bought the pre-worshiped Joy home. Detailed ownership report to follow in sometime (hopefully). Till then let the pics speak (Its a 2013 vehicle, with 34000 kms on the ODO)
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img20160116wa00001.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img20160116wa0002.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img20160121wa0031.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img20160120wa0035.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-20160120_191827.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-20160121_133019.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-20160121_1415551.jpg  

Joyb is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks