Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 21:30   #1036
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
46L OTR for the 3 series? Why on earth will you pay that much for the 3. Rather take a look at the 3GT in that case which also has its share of nice exclusive features, has much more space inside and is a rare car to give you those extra looks on the road. If not that then take a look at the 5 series and E class. They might work out to be dangerously close to that 46L figure.
Top end is 46L ex-showroom - Comes close to 60L in Bangalore (M-Sport)

There might be some discounts on GT since the LCI version should reach the shores soon.

Quote:
The A4 is up for a major change in the near future. So I will not buy that. Moreover as you described, my experience was pretty much the same. Its extremely dull to drive. The 3 series just makes you want to accelerate further and further, such is the engine response and car's handling.
I saw the new A4 is CES 2016 and was completely blown over. I have a lot if pics. I'll share them (hopefully soon, since it is almost 6 months soon )
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 22:02   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
46L OTR for the 3 series? Why on earth will you pay that much for the 3. Rather take a look at the 3GT in that case which also has its share of nice exclusive features, has much more space inside and is a rare car to give you those extra looks on the road. If not that then take a look at the 5 series and E class. They might work out to be dangerously close to that 46L figure.

The A4 is up for a major change in the near future. So I will not buy that. Moreover as you described, my experience was pretty much the same. Its extremely dull to drive. The 3 series just makes you want to accelerate further and further, such is the engine response and car's handling.

46L is for the Msport version? How much is the luxury line for? PM me if you want some help. I can get you in touch with my SA in Bird and hopefuly he can give you a good deal.

Thanks drmohitg. Will PM you. 46 Is OTR for the luxury line. The breakup is somewhat like this
320d -luxury line
Ex showroom: 4270000
Insurance : 110000
Logistics: 50000
TCS: 42700

TOTAL : 5010950
Less discount: 375000
OTR after discount : 4635950

BTW, the dealership is offering only 175000 discount on the M Sport version. They say its because they have less stick of the M to move so focus is less. Didn't make sense to me.
Old 19th June 2016, 22:05   #1038
Team-BHP Support

If you need to buy immediately and budget is paramount, I'd say strictly steer clear of A4 and buy Superb instead.

If you can make the stretch, buy the 320d - hands down better than current A4.

If you can wait then certainly consider new A4. I didn't realize it's coming so soon but the interiors really do look STUNNING on that car. I'm guessing though it'll mean plonking a fair amount more money over the 320d so that's a call you can take. The new A4 is supposed to come with DSG so the CVT issue will be history.

Hope that helps.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 22:13   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
If you need to buy immediately and budget is paramount, I'd say strictly steer clear of A4 and buy Superb instead.

If you can make the stretch, buy the 320d - hands down better than current A4.

If you can wait then certainly consider new A4. I didn't realize it's coming so soon but the interiors really do look STUNNING on that car. I'm guessing though it'll mean plonking a fair amount more money over the 320d so that's a call you can take. The new A4 is supposed to come with DSG so the CVT issue will be history.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Axe77, looks like the practical thing to do going by everyones adivce is to wait and watch. Wouldn't want to spend this kind of money in a hurry.
I did test drive the Superb last week. Its also kinda slowish. Feature wise its loaded though. Space is enormous.

Last edited by blacknebula : 19th June 2016 at 22:15.
Old 19th June 2016, 22:37   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
Thanks Axe77, looks like the practical thing to do going by everyones adivce is to wait and watch. Wouldn't want to spend this kind of money in a hurry.
I did test drive the Superb last week. Its also kinda slowish. Feature wise its loaded though. Space is enormous.
Any reason for not looking at the current gen Benz C Class?? I personally feel it is a beautiful car in and out, leagues ahead of both current gen A4 and 320d in terms of looks and interior quality, and it also has got a rear wheel drive.

Especially, when you are looking at M sport version of BMW, I feel that the C250d model of benz C class is worth a look. It has got 204bhp, 9 speed gear box (which is much better than the old 7 speed one) and a couple of additional features probably. Even the recent Autocar India comparo has voted for C250d over 320d M Sport. I suggest you see that comparison video once.

Though I agree that the infotainment system is not upto the mark, especially when compared with the idrive system of BMW.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:12   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks,

I don't mind buying a petrol, I've always had a thing for petrol engines. The A4 petrol is being offered at 36 lacs after discounts. The A4 Technology (disel) at 42 lacs and the 320d (diesel) at 46.35 lacs. There is still scope for negotiation with the 320d. All the prices are OTR.
Hi,
Since you like petrol, why not petrol BMW320i? It is a CBU. The Prestige petrol does not have the bluetooth module. And both versions (prestige and luxury line) do not come with spare wheel. Initially the specs were same as diesel variants. But the updated specs on the website do not include the above feature(s).
Old 20th June 2016, 15:04   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Any reason for not looking at the current gen Benz C Class?? I personally feel it is a beautiful car in and out, leagues ahead of both current gen A4 and 320d in terms of looks and interior quality, and it also has got a rear wheel drive.

Especially, when you are looking at M sport version of BMW, I feel that the C250d model of benz C class is worth a look. It has got 204bhp, 9 speed gear box (which is much better than the old 7 speed one) and a couple of additional features probably. Even the recent Autocar India comparo has voted for C250d over 320d M Sport. I suggest you see that comparison video once.

Though I agree that the infotainment system is not upto the mark, especially when compared with the idrive system of BMW.
Thanks madhav14, Actually the top 2 choices were Audi and BMW, never actually thought of considering a Merc. The specs you have mentioned look quite interesting. Will check it out for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi,
Since you like petrol, why not petrol BMW320i? It is a CBU. The Prestige petrol does not have the bluetooth module. And both versions (prestige and luxury line) do not come with spare wheel. Initially the specs were same as diesel variants. But the updated specs on the website do not include the above feature(s).
Yes, I might consider the 320i. Are you sure all the units being sold are CBU?
blacknebula is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 15:35   #1043
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I might consider the 320i. Are you sure all the units being sold are CBU?
The current stocks of 320i are CBU.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:31   #1044
BHPian

Came across an offer on the 2009 manufactured, 2010 registered A4 3.2 FSI Quattro V6, CBU import from Germany @ 17 lacs. Driven by an expat. Good?Bad?Ugly?
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:45   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Came across an offer on the 2009 manufactured, 2010 registered A4 3.2 FSI Quattro V6, CBU import from Germany @ 17 lacs. Driven by an expat. Good?Bad?Ugly?
Only if this is being offered by Audi Preowned with their 2-year warranty. Else walk away, this family of engines is reknown internationally for engine oil buildup related damage and in numerous cases, engine replacements. If the mileage on the ODO is less and you're still keen on this motor, check for service history. DSG fluid replacements are notoriously expensive. And look at installing an oil catch can by Forge or Integrated Engineering.

Also, price is too high. You could get a E90 330i for cheaper. I was offered a September 2009, A4 3.2 FSI V6 Quattro for 14Lac and ultimately sold for 11L. This car had 66k on the odo.

I would suggest you look at 2010 A4 2.0 TFSI which had replaced the 3.2 V6 FSI.

Good luck and happy hunting!
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:49   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Only if this is being offered by Audi Preowned with their 2-year warranty. Else walk away, this family of engines is reknown internationally for engine oil buildup related damage and in numerous cases, engine replacements. If the mileage on the ODO is less and you're still keen on this motor, check for service history. DSG fluid replacements are notoriously expensive. And look at installing an oil catch can by Forge or Integrated Engineering.

Also, price is too high. You could get a E90 330i for cheaper. I was offered a September 2009, A4 3.2 FSI V6 Quattro for 14Lac and ultimately sold for 11L. This car had 66k on the odo.

I would suggest you look at 2010 A4 2.0 TFSI which had replaced the 3.2 V6 FSI.

Good luck and happy hunting!
Thanks Himanshu.
No, its not from Audi Preowned. It has 15,600 odd kms on ODO. The seller is offering full service history from Audi Delhi and a guarantee of no accidental damage. Always parked inside. Reason for sale: He is upgrading to BMW 650i
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:18   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without warranty i would not pay over 10-11 because there will definitely be service/parts cost of 5-6 lakhs over next 2 years.
Old 24th June 2016, 08:12   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Hi. What is the expected price of a 2015 March 320 d prestige in mint condition and low mileage (7800 km) ? Insurance and bsi is updated too.
A dealer will quote you in the range of 19-21 lacs. If you are planning on going direct then you can expect realistically 22-25 lacs depending on how good the condition is.

Any specific reason why you're planning on getting rid of it so soon?

Last edited by rahul_jo : 24th June 2016 at 08:15.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:04   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I booked the new facelifted BMW 320d prestige model from Navnit Motors Bangalore. Completed and paid for the car on June 30, 2016. When i requested for the VIN number of the car details showed that it is manufactured in November 10, 2015.

I contacted the showroom and they said nothing to worry as the sales receipt will have the 2016 manufactured date. Kindly advise and let me know whether I should be concerned or worried. Thankyou

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2016 at 22:19.
Old 3rd July 2016, 18:30   #1050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When i requested for the VIN number of the car details showed that it is manufactured on November 10, 2015.
If you have negotiated a large discount and form 20 (or something similar) from BMW mentions this as a 2016 manufactured car , you are good. But if it says 2015 you will lose some money when you sell even though its LCI. Tell him to share a copy of Form that comes from BMW with you , this is required to get the car registered and BMW gives to the dealer when they get complete payment.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd July 2016 at 18:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks