Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 11:12   #1111
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Attachment 1560700

Logged into some sites and the best offer being given was by Bharti, the insurance with an IDV of 25L costed me 56k, this includes 50% NCB from previous car. The add on covers were : NCB protector (ncb stays 50% for renewal upto 2 claims in a year), Engine and gearbox protector, Consumables cover and RSA. Renewed the insurance online myself before confirming the preferred BMW dealer in Gurgaon has a cashless tie up with Bharti.
Thanks Coolboy. Any particular thought process in not going with Secure? I've got an absolutely astronomical quote from BMW via Bajaj (combined with Secure etc). Someone else also advised me that Secure really may not be worth the money all factors considered. A comprehensive zero dep is best.

My fwd looking plan of action is to get a few cashless zero dep quotes from a few agencies and see what the nos look like.

Any other inputs from anyone would be most helpful.

Cheers,
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 11:31   #1112
BHPian

Quote:

I would start an ownership thread soon , the car has been a delight to drive so far. I have covered 9400 kms and this German has been extremely reliable so far, there is not a squeak/rattle, no visits to workshop and i keep using all 184 horses frequently. The first service was carried out at 6600 kms and i have a BSI pack so paid nothing, did get the wipers changed as you get 1 set/year with BSI.
Isn't the first service due at end of first year/12K kms? My car has done 8000kms and the service reminder keeps popping up. The SA says its ok to drive till I complete 1 year. Should I get it serviced now? Thanks in advance.
Old 30th September 2016, 11:54   #1113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Isn't the first service due at end of first year/12K kms? My car has done 8000kms and the service reminder keeps popping up. The SA says its ok to drive till I complete 1 year. Should I get it serviced now? Thanks in advance.
BMWs don't really have a fixed time to service. The service indicator can pop up before the first year depending on driving conditions. Check your idrive for as to what service is required, and then get it done.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 23:50   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Thanks Coolboy. Any particular thought process in not going with Secure? I've got an absolutely astronomical quote from BMW via Bajaj (combined with Secure etc). Someone else also advised me thatCheers,
I did not even care to ask for Secure as i knew that they would give me an astronomical quote about it and honestly its not even worth going for it. They give a hydrostatic lock cover which you can add to your insurance, alloys cover which i was not interested in and the tyres cover is useless after 1 year as they deduct their compensation for tyre wear and the prices of tyres at BMW dealerships are 30-40% higher of what you get outside at a shop.

Opt for a comprehensive insurance, choose good add on covers and you are all set to go, don't bother about secure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
BMW's do not have any fixed service interval, if you have a BSI pack, your dealership is trying to avoid your service. When the iDrive shows you that your service is due, the dealer is obliged to service your car, why do you want to wait if you have a BSI pack on your car? If you have to pay yourself, then you can wait till 1 year.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 08:43   #1115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Opt for a comprehensive insurance, choose good add on covers and you are all set to go, don't bother about secure.
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. This is exactly what I"m going to do.

Quote:
... they deduct their compensation for tyre wear and the prices of tyres at BMW dealerships are 30-40% higher of what you get outside at a shop.
If I want to stick with the exact same RFT tyres whenever its time to change, can I get these with regular tyre dealers without paying this 30-40% premium? I don't want to switch to regular tubeless tyres ever.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:17   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
If I want to stick with the exact same RFT tyres whenever its time to change, can I get these with regular tyre dealers without paying this 30-40% premium? I don't want to switch to regular tubeless tyres ever.
Sure, you can get RFTs at any reputed tyre shop and at a reasonable price. I had inquire about it recently and got a quote of 15500/- a piece for 225/50 R17 Goodyear. Not sure what the dealer is quoting. Shall find out when during next servicing.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 23:13   #1117
BHPian

Hello Friends,

BMW has imported a few CKD of 3 series GT330 as per Zauba.

So, for all the enthusiasts , it is a good news for which we have been waiting for a long time.

Lets hope they price it sensibly since it is in CKD condition.
Strella is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 09:45   #1118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW has imported a few CKD of 3 series GT330 as per Zauba
nice catch, 24 of these as well 12 kits of 740
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-screen-shot-20161007-9.44.45-am.png  

Old 7th October 2016, 13:55   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
BMW's do not have any fixed service interval, if you have a BSI pack, your dealership is trying to avoid your service. When the iDrive shows you that your service is due, the dealer is obliged to service your car, why do you want to wait if you have a BSI pack on your car? If you have to pay yourself, then you can wait till 1 year.
I did not opt for the BSI. The indicator is for the engine oil. I have anyway decided to get it serviced. Any idea of what the cost is going to be? I have been quoted approximately 23k-25k depending on whether filters need to be changed. Thinking of getting the wheel balance and alignment done outside. Is that a good idea? Thanks in advance.
Old 7th October 2016, 21:05   #1120
BHPian

The problematic LED headlight was replaced under warranty without any problem with zero charge. It is working fine, need to wait for the next year's rain to find out any problem, if exists. The job was done neatly and the car was returned in a perfect condition by the dealership (Deutsche Motoren, Faridabad). Very happy!
Old 20th October 2016, 00:52   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
"Water Droplets Problem Sorted Out"

Deutsche Motoren Experience:I would rate them with minus 5 stars (-5*).

Bird Automotive Experience: I will come back later and I would rate this great experience with minus ten stars (-10*).

Overall, I would rate BMW India after sales service with Zero Stars (0*)., for such a great service provided to their customers through their dealerships.
Wow, I was worried about Deutsche being bad, looks like Bird is another level. Thankfully BMW India is responsive and helpful, but I disagree with this in principle. I should not have to run around to get the quality of service I pay for. These guys don't know basic stuff like alignment, issues with car and end up ruining the interiors.

Quote:
Hi there. My one year old bmw gt is due for insurance (I take Secure / zero dep etc). Is it fair to just renew it via BMW itself or to approach outside agents?

Any tips would be helpful.

thanks
I was facing the same dilemma, I went with Chola outside through an agent, anyways I had lot of issues with claims regarding my tires and rims last year (18" low profiles, had 3 tire bubbles and 2 rims bent) and they still depreciated my almost brand new tires every time and didn't pay me for the rims either. Not worth at all. BMW India needs to look into this, especially if they plan to sell it for 2 times the cost of a normal 0 dep.

Quote:
i was not interested in and the tyres cover is useless after 1 year as they deduct their compensation for tyre wear and the prices of tyres at BMW dealerships are 30-40% higher of what you get outside at a shop.
You are lucky to be running those nice big fat tires. I've had 3 bubbles and 2 rims go in last year (see above) and this is an extremely worriying part of ownership for me. And even though my tires hardly did 2000 km before having a bubble they always did a minimum of 25% depereciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Sure, you can get RFTs at any reputed tyre shop and at a reasonable price. I had inquire about it recently and got a quote of 15500/- a piece for 225/50 R17 Goodyear. Not sure what the dealer is quoting. Shall find out when during next servicing.
My runflats are around 20k for the tire and with installation et-all I have paid Rs 7000 out of pocket per tire change. Which makes this not worth it at all. Decided to go with normal insurance this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This makes me wonder if we should open a BMW ownership thread where people from all across can come and discuss since many of us keep facing the same issues (lights, mirror squeaking, water in car etc.) it would serve as a great wiki as well. Also maybe a quoting system where we can tag other members in replies?

Last edited by quickdraw : 20th October 2016 at 00:54.
Old 20th October 2016, 11:06   #1122
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know someone senior in Navnit Mumbai service department. I'm facing some complete incompetence from them regarding my first service. Will update details in my ownership report but for now any specific contacts will be helpful. Thanks.
Old 20th October 2016, 11:24   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Wow, I was worried about Deutsche being bad, looks like Bird is another level. Thankfully BMW India is responsive and helpful, but I disagree with this in principle. I should not have to run around to get the quality of service I pay for. These guys don't know basic stuff like alignment, issues with car and end up ruining the interiors.

This makes me wonder if we should open a BMW ownership thread where people from all across can come and discuss since many of us keep facing the same issues (lights, mirror squeaking, water in car etc.) it would serve as a great wiki as well. Also maybe a quoting system where we can tag other members in replies?
Also I would like to mention that after the BMW's reply to change the headlights, within 2 hours the dealership called me and told that they have already ordered the headlight and once it arrives they will do the rest. As they told, they did exactly same, they called and sent their driver and did a clean job and I am very satisfied with their service. The work was complete and car was returned in perfect condition. They also gave me the invoice of the headlight without mentioning the price stating that changed under warranty.

I agree with your idea of a separate BMW ownership/maintenance thread to discuss all the minor/major issues.

This morning, I wanted to check the tire pressure on each tire, before refilling. I was shocked to see that the TPM did not measure the pressure on each tire. Internationally, it is available from MY2015 F30 cars. My idrive said "TPM is active", thats all. I also don't see the "office" function in idrive. I am annoyed that several small key features have been removed from idrive software here.
Old 20th October 2016, 15:00   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know someone senior in Navnit Mumbai service department. I'm facing some complete incompetence from them regarding my first service. Will update details in my ownership report but for now any specific contacts will be helpful. Thanks.
Just reach out to BMW India directly! That seems to be working best for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Also I would like to mention that after the BMW's reply to change the headlights, within 2 hours the dealership called me and told that they have already ordered the headlight and once it arrives they will do the rest. As they told, they did exactly same, they called and sent their driver and did a clean job and I am very satisfied with their service. The work was complete and car was returned in perfect condition. They also gave me the invoice of the headlight without mentioning the price stating that changed under warranty.

I agree with your idea of a separate BMW ownership/maintenance thread to discuss all the minor/major issues.

This morning, I wanted to check the tire pressure on each tire, before refilling. I was shocked to see that the TPM did not measure the pressure on each tire. Internationally, it is available from MY2015 F30 cars. My idrive said "TPM is active", thats all. I also don't see the "office" function in idrive. I am annoyed that several small key features have been removed from idrive software here.
Yeah, but why waste the customers time and make them run around? Also I think most of the F30's have inertial TPMS which doesn't measure exact PSI. The iDrive Apps are useless only useful thing is the bigger screen and M App if you drive on the track.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 15:44   #1125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi there. My one year old bmw gt is due for insurance (I take Secure / zero dep etc). Is it fair to just renew it via BMW itself or to approach outside agents?

Any tips would be helpful.

thanks
Actually this is sorted for now but I will explain this when I update my ownership thread post the 1st service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks