Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 12:12   #1186
Team-BHP Support

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
Thanks 84.mansoon, the more I think about it and discuss with people I realise it's false info so yes I agree.

So right now the best deals I have is 3 series lux line for 43L on road in chennai

Or

Pre owned 520 D with 17k on it for 38L.

You haven't mentioned the model year of the 520d. Given the running, assuming it's not more than 2 yrs old, I'd say it's hands down better deal than the new 3. Unless you actually want a 3 specifically over a 5. I'm guessing you might be able to push the price of the 5 down a bit as well perhaps?

See GTOs multiple threads on buying used if you want some additional thoughts to aid your decision.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th December 2016 at 12:14.
Old 19th December 2016, 14:44   #1187
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
You haven't mentioned the model year of the 520d. Given the running, assuming it's not more than 2 yrs old, I'd say it's hands down better deal than the new 3. Unless you actually want a 3 specifically over a 5. I'm guessing you might be able to push the price of the 5 down a bit as well perhaps?

See GTOs multiple threads on buying used if you want some additional thoughts to aid your decision.
Its a 2015 produced car registered on march 2016. for 9 months on the road with 17K on the dial. thats about 1800 km per month, Its suppose to have been used by a company executive. i am assuming the person drove from the city to the plant and back every day. thats about 80 odd km per day.

they are stuck at 41L but i am pushing for 38L. i doubt if they would go any lower.
Old 19th December 2016, 19:13   #1188
Team-BHP Support

That sounds like very good value. If it has BSI etc then you'll benefit from that too. I'm assuming for the 3 that'll be over and above. But even aside from that the 5 seems like better value to me.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 02:18   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
That sounds like very good value. If it has BSI etc then you'll benefit from that too. I'm assuming for the 3 that'll be over and above. But even aside from that the 5 seems like better value to me.
It is a BMW company car so no bsi. Unfortunately they are stuck at 41L. I don't think it's worth buying it at that value so I am going ahead with a new 3 series lux line. I am getting a pretty decent discount of about 9.5 lac which is not too shabby compared to other parts of the country.

So having waited for a while ( years to be honest!) decided to take the plung! Will write a separate ownership thread soon.

I want to register the car as early as next week. The dealer was pushing me to register it first week of Jan to call it a 2017 registered car but I figured as far as factory warranty etc it would start from the day car left the factory. Is that correct?
Is there anything that I loose if I register it in last week of december? I am taking the whole of next week off so don't want to waste the opportunity to feel, experience and live the big moment😀

Cheers
Krish
Old 20th December 2016, 07:05   #1190
BHPian

Quote:

I want to register the car as early as next week. The dealer was pushing me to register it first week of Jan to call it a 2017 registered car but I figured as far as factory warranty etc it would start from the day car left the factory. Is that correct?
Is there anything that I loose if I register it in last week of december? I am taking the whole of next week off so don't want to waste the opportunity to feel, experience and live the big moment😀

Cheers
Krish
Picking the car in the last fortnight of the year and registering in the subsequent year is a common practice.

At resale, three years down the line (say 2019) when you are scouting for potential buyers, it would be easier to quote and sell 2017 registered car Vs. 2016 registered car.

Warranty starts from the date of first use. You would like to evaluate third year warranty cover when buying the car and include it in the EMI. It costs between 25-35 thousand rupees only.

Congratulations for your new BMW. All the best Krish
Old 20th December 2016, 09:02   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Krish
Congrats on your luxury drive Krish

On an other note, why not take delivery of the car with a temporary registration? You can enjoy the car during your Christmas vacation, and have it registered in Jan as a 2017 model too!
Should be a win-win situation right?
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 10:32   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
It is a BMW company car so no bsi. Unfortunately they are stuck at 41L. I don't think it's worth buying it at that value so I am going ahead with a new 3 series lux line. I am getting a pretty decent discount of about 9.5 lac which is not too shabby compared to other parts of the country.
That is quite a deal you got on the 3.

Register it in January-2017 instead of December-2016 as it will help you with a better resale.

Did you get to chose any colour and interiors combination or you picked one from the available stock with the dealer?
Old 20th December 2016, 11:32   #1193
BHPian

Thanks yes its a decent deal.

I had option of blue or black with beige or saddle brown interior. I chose black with saddle brown.

My first choice would have been platinum silver (offered only in Lux line) with oyster interior but unfortunately that combo would be available only again order with 3-6 month wait and obviously no discounts.

I believe Chennai Kun dealer might still have couple of cars left so if anybody is interested you can contact them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Congrats on your luxury drive Krish

On an other note, why not take delivery of the car with a temporary registration? You can enjoy the car during your Christmas vacation, and have it registered in Jan as a 2017 model too!
Should be a win-win situation right?
Oh thats a good idea, I didnt know I could do that! I will definitely try that.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st December 2016 at 02:33. Reason: Spell-check. Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 20th December 2016, 13:39   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms
I am getting a pretty decent discount of about 9.5 lac which is not too shabby compared to other parts of the country.
Congrats on your BMW

Is that 9.5L off Ex-showroom or OTR?

Is it only on Luxury Line?

What are they offering on Sport Line and Prestige?

Thanks.
Old 20th December 2016, 16:40   #1195
BHPian

Thanks TaciturN,

9.5L is on the OTR. I live in Chennai but i am trying to setup a custom bike shop in Pondy so will do a pondy registration. road tax/registration is huge in Chennai around 7L compared to 1.5L in Pondy.

My understanding is they have couple of sport-line and Lux lines still left.
discount on sport line is even greater about 10L. you can bargain hard as now they are down to the wire in making there quota for the month/year.

Ps. my SA was a guy called Madan who works out of the Express Avenue Mall showroom. He is very persistent and also diligent. will make
krcustoms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 22:29   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms
Thanks TaciturN,

9.5L is on the OTR. I live in Chennai but i am trying to setup a custom bike shop in Pondy so will do a pondy registration. road tax/registration is huge in Chennai around 7L compared to 1.5L in Pondy.

My understanding is they have couple of sport-line and Lux lines still left.
discount on sport line is even greater about 10L. you can bargain hard as now they are down to the wire in making there quota for the month/year.

Ps. my SA was a guy called Madan who works out of the Express Avenue Mall showroom. He is very persistent and also diligent. will make
In Mangalore, I used to see most of the Luxury cars with PY plates until RTO began the crackdown.

Now the same cars have KA19 (Mangalore) plates. In Karnataka, the Road Tax is 20%. Even worse, the local RTO are stupidly obstinate and calculate it based on the price shown Online instead of the discounted Invoiced price.

Last month, Navnit Motors (both at Mangalore and Mumbai) were offering a similar deal on Sport Line.

A friend of mine is looking at the Prestige variant (Vegan, say NO to Leather - don't ask...) which sadly does not have such a great deal.

The LCI with its reworked rear suspension and the smooth B47 Diesel is now a truly Terrific car.

Great choice
Old 21st December 2016, 01:18   #1197
BHPian

Yes the retuned suspension and engine with extra bhp sold the deal for me. Incidentally whenever I test drove the 3 series invariably I drove the 5 also. I always enjoyed the 3 lot more then then 5. Don't get me wrong 5 is a terrific car but it's really a different style of driving.

The PY plate I have to see how that goes. If it turns out to much of hassle then I plan to register it again in TN. Let's see.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd December 2016 at 00:58. Reason: Minor typo
krcustoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 23:39   #1198
BHPian

My car has recently completed 1 year. The system shows that I should get it serviced within 8000 kms. Currently I am at 5800 kms.

Recently I opened up my vehicle status and the engine oil tab had a warning sign on it. Once I clicked on the engine oil tab, it said that my car is overdue for service. Should I take it for a complete service now? I mean before the recommended 8000 km by the car?
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-1.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-2.jpg  

Last edited by rahul_jo : 21st December 2016 at 23:41.
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:23   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
My car has recently completed 1 year. The system shows that I should get it serviced within 8000 kms. Currently I am at 5800 kms.

Recently I opened up my vehicle status and the engine oil tab had a warning sign on it. Once I clicked on the engine oil tab, it said that my car is overdue for service. Should I take it for a complete service now? I mean before the recommended 8000 km by the car?
You should get the oil changed at the earliest and can get the regular servicing done later.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:40   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
You should get the oil changed at the earliest and can get the regular servicing done later.
Interestingly enough, I ran the engine oil check from the I-drive and it showed the oil status as OKAY with the bar completely green.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks