Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:57   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Interestingly enough, I ran the engine oil check from the I-drive and it showed the oil status as OKAY with the bar completely green.
Rahul get it sorted at the earliest and ask them why is this mismatch happening. Ideally your car should have promoted you for a service appointment. They will ask you to give it in writing why you didn't bring the car in for servicing and let it go into the overdue period. I am guessing it might affect future warranty related issues. So get it sorted at the earliest.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:58   #1202
Senior - BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Interestingly enough, I ran the engine oil check from the I-drive and it showed the oil status as OKAY with the bar completely green.
That just tells you that the oil level is full and in normal range, it would not tell you the quality/viscosity of oil which is measured by numerous sensors inside.

As with any other car, even though you have not done the specified miles, you have completed the 1 year duration, so the oil change is due now, do get it done soon.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:35   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Rahul get it sorted at the earliest and ask them why is this mismatch happening. Ideally your car should have promoted you for a service appointment. They will ask you to give it in writing why you didn't bring the car in for servicing and let it go into the overdue period. I am guessing it might affect future warranty related issues. So get it sorted at the earliest.
Turns out I missed the tiny little note which said service due 11/2016. They finished the service within 3 hours today and didn't ask me anything regarding the car being in the overdue period. However, the service rep did mention that I should renew my warranty before NOV 2017, that's when it ends.
Old 22nd December 2016, 20:42   #1204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Turns out I missed the tiny little note which said service due 11/2016. They finished the service within 3 hours today and didn't ask me anything regarding the car being in the overdue period. However, the service rep did mention that I should renew my warranty before NOV 2017, that's when it ends.
Maybe they follow it with people on BSI to deny future service or warranty related issues. I once overshoot the km requirement by some 120 kms ( although according to time it was still a month away from service). And the SA made me write an Email from the ID mentioned on the pack stating the same before which he said he cannot process the service. Strange that they didn't follow the same in your case.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 05:34   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Maybe they follow it with people on BSI to deny future service or warranty related issues. I once overshoot the km requirement by some 120 kms ( although according to time it was still a month away from service). And the SA made me write an Email from the ID mentioned on the pack stating the same before which he said he cannot process the service. Strange that they didn't follow the same in your case.
I have BSI too but didn't experience this. If this is the case then that is pretty strange on their part. In fact, I don't think it's too uncommon to see many customers miss their service deadline once in a while. So getting something in writing is somewhat strange and hassles the customer at the same time.

Or it could just be that since I was at 5800 km, they thought the car doesn't have enough mileage on it just yet.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 23rd December 2016 at 05:35.
Old 23rd December 2016, 06:41   #1206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have BSI too but didn't experience this. If this is the case then that is pretty strange on their part. In fact, I don't think it's too uncommon to see many customers miss their service deadline once in a while. So getting something in writing is somewhat strange and hassles the customer at the same time.

Or it could just be that since I was at 5800 km, they thought the car doesn't have enough mileage on it just yet.
Well no idea. I take my car to Bird Auto Gurgaon. Another thing I learnt last time is that they can do the service once the car starts showing 2000 kms to go for before the service. Till now I used to wait for it to reach the 100 km left mark. So now onwards will get it done as soon as it breaches the 2000 kms mark ( ofcourse that is true in my case where the car will run the required kms before the time component is reached). Since we have BSI, there is no harm in getting the service done ASAP.
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:41   #1207
BHPian

Hi, I am waiting for the delivery of my new BMW 320D in Chennai. The car is billed/Invoiced at the factory and is sitting in the local stock yard. I am assuming it must have been manufactured a few months back. I will verify it after I get my VIN. A friend of mine is also taking the delivery of his new car at the same-time and for religious reasons wants to do it after Pongal (15th Jan). The dealer is encouraging me to do the registration at the same time as him. I don't mind waiting.

What can i do or what should i be doing at this point other then wait?

Please Advise,

cheers
Krish
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:19   #1208
Senior - BHPian

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
Hi, I am waiting for the delivery of my new BMW 320D in Chennai. The car is billed/Invoiced at the factory and is sitting in the local stock yard. I am assuming it must have been manufactured a few months back. I will verify it after I get my VIN. A friend of mine is also taking the delivery of his new car at the same-time and for religious reasons wants to do it after Pongal (15th Jan). The dealer is encouraging me to do the registration at the same time as him. I don't mind waiting.

What can i do or what should i be doing at this point other then wait?

Please Advise,

cheers

Krish

If the car is invoiced it should have a VIN allocated to you. For starters ask for the VIN and check the date of manufacture.
What's the idea of the dealer encouraging you to wait for a later delivery when you are ready ? That sounds a little fishy to me, unless your dealer is extremely religious.

Try and get the car moved from the stock yard to the showroom's PDI section. It will at least be indoors and try and have it covered.

Apart from this wait for the good days and have a blast once you take delivery. Happy and safe motoring. Congratulations.
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:01   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
If the car is invoiced it should have a VIN allocated to you. For starters ask for the VIN and check the date of manufacture.
What's the idea of the dealer encouraging you to wait for a later delivery when you are ready ? That sounds a little fishy to me, unless your dealer is extremely religious.

Try and get the car moved from the stock yard to the showroom's PDI section. It will at least be indoors and try and have it covered.

Apart from this wait for the good days and have a blast once you take delivery. Happy and safe motoring. Congratulations.
thanks for the response Arjun, the reason we are trying to combine the delivery (besides the religious thing) is the car will be registered in Pondy. We live in Chennai so i guess it would be easier for the dealer to do both the cars at the same time.

I will check about the VIN and PDI. Ambattor stock yard is also a proper showroom so i am assuming the car is kept in good nick but i will double check. I am looking to take the delivery at meenambakkam showroom where i originally interacted with the SA.
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:07   #1210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks for the response Arjun, the reason we are trying to combine the delivery (besides the religious thing) is the car will be registered in Pondy. We live in Chennai so i guess it would be easier for the dealer to do both the cars at the same time.
They are probably encouraging you to wait so that they can do the registration at the same time. Less of a hassle for them.

If you can wait, then do, otherwise you have no obligation to wait. Frankly in your place I would have wanted the car yesterday
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:29   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
They are probably encouraging you to wait so that they can do the registration at the same time. Less of a hassle for them.

If you can wait, then do, otherwise you have no obligation to wait. Frankly in your place I would have wanted the car yesterday
Akshay, i hear you and trust me that is exactly what i would like to do but as you know in India car buying is also a "community experience",sisters, brothers, wife etc you have so many people to deal with hey but its all good!.
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:29   #1212
BHPian

Quote:

9.5L is on the OTR. I live in Chennai but i am trying to setup a custom bike shop in Pondy so will do a pondy registration. road tax/registration is huge in Chennai around 7L compared to 1.5L in Pondy.
Thats actually expensive for PY registration as they include a commission as well which is done through another dealership owned by the same BMW Chennai Dealer in Pondy
I paid less than a lakh for both my A8 as well as 530D when I got it registered on Pondy.
P.S I'm from Pondy so it's all done legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
That Laura belongs to Bhpian Kryptonite, running with Stage 2 tune from Tune O Tronics . His car was the fastest diesel car and TOT won best tuner award for diesel. Kryptonite's Laura was faster than 530D and even 328I.
Well, Indeed his car his faster but when it comes to beating a 530D and the 328i he is faster.
There's a lot of variables to consider and I'm sure Kryptonite too would agree.

Last edited by theMAG : 4th January 2017 at 00:25.
Old 4th January 2017, 01:52   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Thats actually expensive for PY registration as they include a commission as well which is done through another dealership owned by the same BMW Chennai Dealer in Pondy
I paid less than a lakh for both my A8 as well as 530D when I got it registered on Pondy.
P.S I'm from Pondy so it's all done legally.

Well, Indeed his car his faster but when it comes to beating a 530D and the 328i he is faster.
There's a lot of variables to consider and I'm sure Kryptonite too would agree.
Enzowho, thanks for sharing. So looks like the dealer is charging 50-60k more for Pondy registration? I will check with him. Is there easy way to find out this info directly from Pondy rto website or something so that I can confront the dealer?
Old 4th January 2017, 02:07   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaciturN View Post
Now the same cars have KA19 (Mangalore) plates. In Karnataka, the Road Tax is 20%. Even worse, the local RTO are stupidly obstinate and calculate it based on the price shown Online instead of the discounted Invoiced price.
Its not stupidity. Its a conscious decision to maximize their tax revenue and high level policy to squeeze money out of the hi-income category citizen

In my opinion this is injustice to the customer and needs to be taken to court
Old 4th January 2017, 09:19   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Enzowho, thanks for sharing. So looks like the dealer is charging 50-60k more for Pondy registration? I will check with him. Is there easy way to find out this info directly from Pondy rto website or something so that I can confront the dealer?
I doubt it as they didn't budge when I told them I wanted to do the registration on my own,after mentioning certain things they let me do it but it didn't go well for my SA when he came to Pondy as the local dealership in charge was extremely intolerant and he was being treated indifferently as they couldn't do the registration.
It's a flat fee for cars above 20l I guess, all in all it shouldn't cost you more than a lakh.
Check the website and book your number of choice and let the dealer know about the actual taxation and tell him upfront it's your way or the highway!
And also tell your SA to flatbed the car and not drive it down to PY whatsoever!
It's easier to do the registration on your own.
Only gripe with PY RTO is they rivet the number plates to the car and won't let you leave until it's done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks