Old 27th May 2017, 20:57   #1366
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaydaryani View Post
Thanks a lot for the recommendations.
My bad regarding the wheel spec, it is in-fact 7.5J x 17
Ive finally decided to move ahead with the OEM size of 225/50 R17
I agree with you that no point putting form over function here.
Purchases a set of 4 x Michelin primacy 3 ST for 44K total @ 11K each
+ BMW space saver kit for 25K
Thanks a lot guys!! Appreciate it
The car will feel too soft with Primacys, the sidewall is much softer than sporty tyres. The turn in will also go for a toss. That is unless you don't really push the car and are looking for comfort.
Old 28th May 2017, 11:28   #1367

If not primacy 3ST then which other tyre would you recommend. I don't have the option of Yokohama. And I'm not particularly looking for a sports tyre. THe other options available in 225/50 R17 are:

-Bridgestone RE050
-Pirelli P1

Apart from the above 2 I'm open to other suggestions too, will look around and hunt for them
Old 28th May 2017, 14:07   #1368
BHPian

Continental Sport Contact 5. The SSR (Runflats) are standard on the present 3/GT and they are not bad either.

Tyre wear/ Life might be an issue though.

Another highly rated tyre is Pirelli P Zero...
Old 30th May 2017, 19:02   #1369
BHPian

Has anyone from Delhi/NCR been in talks with BMW for the pricing of the new 330i? Are there any mouth watering discounts on offer? I saw their ads in various places with them advertising pre-gst benefits. Just wondering if anyone here has been in touch with them? Would love to know. Thanks in advance.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 19:50   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Has anyone from Delhi/NCR been in talks with BMW for the pricing of the new 330i? Are there any mouth watering discounts on offer? I saw their ads in various places with them advertising pre-gst benefits. Just wondering if anyone here has been in touch with them? Would love to know. Thanks in advance.
Can't comment on the 330i but can talk about the 320d - It seems, starting April, all the NCR dealers have gotten into some kind of arrangement on maximum discounts. Don't know how long it will last, but they seem to be sticking to the stand for now. But you can get mouth watering deals from them on cars registered outside NCR ( eg. UK) where this arrangement obviously doesn't apply.

You can PM me for the deal I got.
FAIAAA is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 06:07   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Can't comment on the 330i but can talk about the 320d - It seems, starting April, all the NCR dealers have gotten into some kind of arrangement on maximum discounts. Don't know how long it will last, but they seem to be sticking to the stand for now. But you can get mouth watering deals from them on cars registered outside NCR ( eg. UK) where this arrangement obviously doesn't apply.

Unable to PM you since you are a Newbie - Am not sure of TBHP rules. Can you try PM'ing me the details? Thanks!
Old 1st June 2017, 08:09   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post

Why PM dude? Good info is to be shared with others, it benefits the forum at large. We maintain an open culture here, unless something is actually very private!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 17:27   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Why PM dude? Good info is to be shared with others, it benefits the forum at large. We maintain an open culture here, unless something is actually very private!
Unlike occasions such as the 'bmw festival', march offers or the recent deals on 2016 320is which were made public by the dealers themselves, the deals this month are more discrete - specific to individuals / genuine buyers. Unnecessary publicity could put them in a spot / given the recent discounting arrangement the dealers seem to have gotten into with the company and each other. Why skew it for a genuine buyer? Btw, the max stated discount on a prestige 320d is 5 lacs.
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:03   #1374
EP.
BHPian

Hello BHPians! Its been a long time since I have posted on this forum, work and studies had kept me away.

Took a test drive of the 320d Sportline a few days back, and I am zeroing in on it (Almost!). But as it is customary among us BHPian to ask in the forum before buying any car, I thought I should make this post.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the current offers and discounts are? Also, any insights into BMW ownership will be much appreciated - dos, don'ts, general advice, what to look out for etc etc...

This is what I was offered:
-6L discount (I was told that this is including the GST offers)
-7.9 % interest rate

Autocar article about GST benefits (Link)

Thanks,
Paul
Old 3rd June 2017, 12:44   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboddup2 View Post
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this particular thread for a few years now, and it helped me in my purchase making decision when I was looking at the F30 320d Sport line in 2014. Many thanks.

It's been a few years now and I left the car relatively untouched until recently when I felt like spicing things up. Here are a few pictures of my car along with exactly what the changes were.

August 2014: Bought the car. No changes here except for the gloss black kidney grille. I bought it separately and the dealer was happy to install it for me. These are some random pictures of the car here and there. It's alpine white with a black interior with red accents

April-May 2017:
I had had the car for a little over 2 and a half years and wanted to spice things up. A friend of mine (a team-bhp member) introduced me to a friend affiliated with quantum tuning-UK. I got a soft ECU remap that allowed for a 36bhp and 60NM bump in power and torque respectively. Final figures are now 220bhp and 440NM

I also indulged in a few interior and exterior modifications:

- Upgraded the center console trip to the F30 LCI piece. The new piece has a nice gloss black finish with an LED running around the back. Adds a fair bit of ambience to the cabin:

- P3 vent gauge that plugs into the OBD

- Carbin Fiber Mirror surrounds and M-style spoiler.

- Sound deadening under the hood (The B series engines are brutally noisy. Unacceptable for a car this price)

Next Up:
- BavSound Stage One: Already purchased - Installing this weekend and I will post some pictures
- Diffuser and roof-wrap (gloss black)
- 320d M Performance Exhaust
- M-Sport Steering Wheel
- An undecided update to the suspension setup

Cheers!
Hey, I see that you're from Hyderabad and I drive pretty often to Hyd from Vijayawada. I have couple of thoughts about a remap and I'd like to discuss further. Is there anyway I can get in touch with you or your friend? Or you could email me perhaps.

sweetvar26@yahoo.co.uk

Also, good mods on the car, nothing over the board. I dig it.
Old 4th June 2017, 17:26   #1376
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
On a 320d the 225 width is more than enough. If you do want to upsize to 245/45 you can, but I am not sure if they will fit on the rim. But the car doesn't have enough power to warrant an upsize. In 225/50 17 you can look at Yokohama Advan Sports. I am using them on my F30, and the Advan Sports are one of the most premium tyres by Yokohama, comparable to Michelin Pilot Super Sports, etc.

Akshay, could you share a few other suitable options for tyres, if you know any?

I plan to stick to the OEM specs of 225/50 R17 and swap them right after delivery. Is that recommended? Does it affect the warranty when you swap from Run-flats to Tubeless?

And what kind of tyre life are we looking at with these sports tyres?

Also, whats you opinion on wheel spacers? I was looking at BMS wheel spacers - 10mm front and 15mm rear.

Thanks
Paul

Last edited by EP. : 4th June 2017 at 17:38.
Old 5th June 2017, 04:18   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Finally owning a BMW came true here in US

Have booked a BMW 330i xDrive here in US and will be taking delivery in a week. Some pictures while booking:

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_1176.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_1178.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 05:00   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
Does anyone have any ideas on what the current offers and discounts are? Also, any insights into BMW ownership will be much appreciated - dos, don'ts, general advice, what to look out for etc etc...Paul
Hi Paul,

Nice to see one more BHPian addicted to this thread & going for a bmw.

As per ‘What Car’ May 2017 issue, current discounts on 320d is 7 lakh. So haggle a bit more, you will get that.

Go for BSI & extended warranty at the time of booking, you may get some discounts too. But if you want to modify your car after 2 years, then go only for BSI. There are tons of accessories available to satisfy you, but they all comes at a premium price.

Don't forget to check the car as per Team BHP PDI check list prior to registration.

Once purchase is complete, contact: bmwcodingindia@gmail.com (BMW Coding India) to open up fascinating world of coding/de-coding for bmws.

Follow running in for the engine.

Cheers.
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 20:16   #1379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Akshay, could you share a few other suitable options for tyres, if you know any?

I plan to stick to the OEM specs of 225/50 R17 and swap them right after delivery. Is that recommended? Does it affect the warranty when you swap from Run-flats to Tubeless?

And what kind of tyre life are we looking at with these sports tyres?

Also, whats you opinion on wheel spacers? I was looking at BMS wheel spacers - 10mm front and 15mm rear.

Thanks
Paul
Well it all depends on what is available locally to you. Since 225/50 17 is not a very common size.

I swapped mine right after delivery (actually just before delivery ), definitely recommended. It feels so much more comfortable. Warranty should not be affected, but your Secure will no longer replace the tyres in case of a cut or puncture.

Wheel spacers, as long as you are buying a good brand, are fine. In fact 10mm all around also might suffice.
Old 5th June 2017, 21:20   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians!
This is what I was offered:
-6L discount (I was told that this is including the GST offers)
-7.9 % interest rate

Autocar article about GST benefits (Link)

Thanks,
Paul
Do update the thread on final discount offered ? Did you check on the 330i by any chance ?

Most Viewed