Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 21:38   #1381
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Hi Paul,

Nice to see one more BHPian addicted to this thread & going for a bmw.

As per ‘What Car’ May 2017 issue, current discounts on 320d is 7 lakh. So haggle a bit more, you will get that.

Go for BSI & extended warranty at the time of booking, you may get some discounts too. But if you want to modify your car after 2 years, then go only for BSI. There are tons of accessories available to satisfy you, but they all comes at a premium price.

Don't forget to check the car as per Team BHP PDI check list prior to registration.

Once purchase is complete, contact: bmwcodingindia@gmail.com (BMW Coding India) to open up fascinating world of coding/de-coding for bmws.

Follow running in for the engine.

Cheers.
Thank you Sail! I have always loved BMWs. I will check out the Team BHP PDI check list.

I did check the facebook page for BMW Coding India, the contact number given is wrong. I will stay away from any mods that may void the warranty for the first few years. Maybe get a power upgrade later on. Apparently, a 20% power upgrade is something that the "tuners community" recommends as a "problem free" remap/tuning. Let's see about that!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Well it all depends on what is available locally to you. Since 225/50 17 is not a very common size.

I swapped mine right after delivery (actually just before delivery ), definitely recommended. It feels so much more comfortable. Warranty should not be affected, but your Secure will no longer replace the tyres in case of a cut or puncture.

Wheel spacers, as long as you are buying a good brand, are fine. In fact 10mm all around also might suffice.
Thanks Akshay, Looks like you are the go to guy for advice on anything related to 320d!

So the list of things to do after delivery:
- Swap tyres to Tubeless
- Change to the M-Sport front tyre specification of 225/45 R18 all around (talking to BMW India's ASMs about this and the affect this may have on the warranty)
-Ceramic Pro exterior and interior protection
-Wheel spacers (if the new alloys wheels don't have enough offset)

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Finally owning a BMW came true here in US

Have booked a BMW 330i xDrive here in US and will be taking delivery in a week. Some pictures while booking:
Congratulations fusionbang! The car looks awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Do update the thread on final discount offered ? Did you check on the 330i by any chance ?
No, we wanted a diesel this time. Since you asked, we have never owned diesel car before. Maybe a 330i in the future

We got a very good discount, in the ball park of what Sail was saying.

Cheers

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 6th June 2017 at 19:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts
EP. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 05:08   #1382
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
I will stay away from any mods that may void the warranty for the first few years.

Hi EP,

Don’t get me wrong, but trust me there are no chances of warranty getting void. Lots of functions are embedded with the car but not activated as it’s an “INDIEN” spec car. By coding you can activate few of those features. One particular example. LED fog lamp with cornering light were fitted to my car after delivery as an accessory (I think now it comes as standard). It was fitted by BMW local work-shop, and still they could not remove errors from the system. Every time I used to start the car, fog lamps used to flash rapidly four times. This error was removed by this same guy.

Recently I fitted M-Sport Steering wheel with paddle shifters & adaptive cruise control from same source.

Forget the Facebook page, write an email to get all details. Coding will be done in such a way that work-shop fellas can’t find it.
Also you will get quite a lot of advice from this expert, trust me.

One more thing, before final/full payment ask them for VIN details. Ensure car is not old, then only go for full payments.

Cheers.
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 18:24   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Have booked a BMW 330i xDrive here in US and will be taking delivery in a week. Some pictures while booking:
Congrats fusionbang on your next car. Which color did you choose ?
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 18:52   #1384
BANNED

Quote:
Hi EP,

Recently I fitted M-Sport Steering wheel with paddle shifters & adaptive cruise control from same source.

Cheers.
Does the adaptive cruise control work on the Indian cars? Did you have to fit any sensors in the front as well? If you don't mind could you share the cost ?
Old 6th June 2017, 19:17   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Congrats fusionbang on your next car. Which color did you choose ?
Black it is with black interior and red stitching. Also opted for the black kidney grille.

Below are the list of features/packages:
1. Cold Weather Package (Heated Steering wheel, Heated front and rear seats)
2. Driving Assistance Package (Rear view camera, Park Distance Control)
3. Premium Package (Keyless entry, Moonroof, Lumbar Support, Sirius XM Radio)
4. 18" Performance alloy wheels
5. Runflat Tires
6. LED Headlights and fog lights
7. Keyless Boot opener (Open the boot with help of a sensor by kicking just below the bumper)
8. ACC
9. Ambient Lighting
10. Advanced RTTI
11. Apple CarPlay Compatibility
12. Navigation System
13. MSport Suspension
Old 6th June 2017, 20:39   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Does the adaptive cruise control work on the Indian cars? Did you have to fit any sensors in the front as well? If you don't mind could you share the cost ?

Hi agambhandari,

My word was wrong.

The cruise control in M-Sport Steering is NOT based on autonomous cruise control or radar cruise control, or traffic-aware cruise control.

Couple of wires needs to be connected from steering hub to the front ECM, which is near to the front left corner of pax side.

Earlier I have driven couple of cars, where cruise control gets de-activated every time you press the brake (slow down) or press the accelerator, I mean every time you come out of set cursing speed. To re-engage the Cruise control, again you accelerate, set the speed & activate cruise control. But here, once you activate the cruise control & set the speed, you forget the job of your accelerator. Every time you reduce your speed, or brake, just press the “RES” button, car will accelerate on its own (even it will down-shift on its own) and come back to the set speed. Any time you can increase / decrease set speed with the toggle.

It’s an imported stuff, price will depend on INR>USD>GBP rates, will be close to 95K + fitting charges. I did the fitting with BMW work-shop & cost was close to 7000/-.

Below some pics of the steering.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_4322.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_4319.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_4320.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_4321.jpg  

Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 20:53   #1387
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Hi EP,

Don’t get me wrong, but trust me there are no chances of warranty getting void. Lots of functions are embedded with the car but not activated as it’s an “INDIEN” spec car. By coding you can activate few of those features. One particular example. LED fog lamp with cornering light were fitted to my car after delivery as an accessory (I think now it comes as standard). It was fitted by BMW local work-shop, and still they could not remove errors from the system. Every time I used to start the car, fog lamps used to flash rapidly four times. This error was removed by this same guy.

Forget the Facebook page, write an email to get all details. Coding will be done in such a way that work-shop fellas can’t find it.
Also you will get quite a lot of advice from this expert, trust me.

One more thing, before final/full payment ask them for VIN details. Ensure car is not old, then only go for full payments.

Cheers.
I'm very curious now! I may need that power upgrade very soon!

The M-Sport steering wheel looks dope

Cheers,
Paul
Old 6th June 2017, 22:15   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Hi agambhandari,
=======
Below some pics of the steering.
Steering wheel looks great! Did you fit this in your Prestige model? Did it come with the airbag? Do these bmw coding guys have a contact number? Since fitting was done by BMW I presume replacement of the steering wheel will not affect warranty.

Thanks.
Kelly66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 04:57   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
I may need that power upgrade very soon!
When available, do post some info on your power upgrade. Its on my "next to do" list. Waited too long for bmw to re-launch their power upgrade. Also suggest, take some advice from Akshay & Karan, they are the best to advice you the correct one. Karan has done it already to his 328i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
Steering wheel looks great! Did you fit this in your Prestige model? Did it come with the airbag? Do these bmw coding guys have a contact number? Since fitting was done by BMW I presume replacement of the steering wheel will not affect warranty.Thanks.

Dear Kelly66,

Refer your queries, please note followings:-

Indeed it’s a great steering to hold with soft Napa leather, thicker, slightly small dia; which boost your driving confidence.

It is fitted to my BMW 3GT Luxury Line. Somehow I did not liked the stock hard Sport Leather Steering wheel. So gone for this upgrade. This was in my list from the time of my purchase, when I saw a 530d in showroom which comes fitted with M-Sport steering.

Yes, it came with airbag module fitted.

Yes he does have contact no, but preferred mode of communication is email at first. He will give you the telephone nos when needed. Coding will be done over the internet via team-viewer.

Well, I have good repo with my BMW SA. At first I wanted to do the job at my home with a technician from him. But when he got all the info on installing, he insisted to come to work-shop & he took care of the warranty side. Even I have a valid invoice reading as accessory fitting. There is no wire cutting, so basically there is no warranty issue. But I have set up the game with him in such a way, that if something goes wrong with steering in future, first they will revert back to old steering (with obvious labor charges).

I have sport automatic transmission (SAT) activated with my car (by coding) & they (BMW) can’t find the coding unless you tell them. FYI: you need to activate SAT to work with M-Sport steering / paddlers. 2015 GT Lux Line did not came with SAT.
If you ask BMW for this complete fitting, they will charge you somewhere near 3.5 lakh!! And you don't know if their coding will work.

Cheers
Sail

Last edited by Sail : 7th June 2017 at 05:13. Reason: Added info
Sail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 07:22   #1390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Indeed it's a great steering to hold with soft Napa leather, thicker, slightly small dia; which boost your driving confidence.

It is fitted to my BMW 3GT Luxury Line.

Yes, it came with airbag module fitted.

Yes he does have contact no, but preferred mode of communication is email at first. He will give you the telephone nos when needed. Coding will be done over the internet via team-viewer.

Sail

Hi Sail

Can you please share the link from where you purchased the 3 GT steering? What model year is your GT?

Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 18:58   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi Sail Can you please share the link from where you purchased the 3 GT steering? What model year is your GT? Thanks

Hi Axe77,

My 3GT is manufactured in Feb/2015 at Dingolfing and took delivery in July 2015.

The M-Sport steering was arranged/imported by same BMW Coding India. But couple of wires (required to connect steering control unit to Front control module) were locally sourced from Mumbai. I never tried direct import by self, as don’t know which supplier to trust. Cost mentioned above all inclusive at my door.

Cheers
Sail
Old 7th June 2017, 21:33   #1392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Every time you reduce your speed, or brake, just press the “RES” button, car will accelerate on its own (even it will down-shift on its own) and come back to the set speed
Isn't this standard on steering that comes originally on 3 series?

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2017 at 21:35.
Old 7th June 2017, 22:40   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Don't know on present 320d models, may be in M-Sport versions yes.
But back in 2015, NO. Below is the picture of my stock steering, only speed limiter button is present.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_0137.jpg  

Sail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 08:31   #1394
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post

Wheel spacers, as long as you are buying a good brand, are fine. In fact 10mm all around also might suffice.
FYI - Got this info from the BMS website - F30 3 Series can only accomodate 12mm or larger spacers in the rear due to the design of the hub.

Even BMS(Burger Motorsports) recommend 10mm pair in the front and 15mm pair in the rear. And these hub centric spacers are designed for BMWs. (Link)

Cheers,
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, for the 320d M Sport. This is also the same steering wheel as in the 530d M Sport, M3, M4.

I loved it when I test drove the 530d before - Small dia, soft leather and better visibility to the instrument cluster when in up position, personally I think it looks better than the original 320d Sportline / Luxury line steering wheels.

Cheers,
Paul

I came across this excellent article about tyres, thought I should share this here as quite a lot of people have asked about what brand of tires should they swap for their Run-flats for?
Link: Best Car Tyres 2016-2017

I am looking to swap the Run-flat tyres of my 320d with Tubeless tyres - Pirelli P7 / Yokohama Advan Sport / Continental ContiSportContact. I still haven't decided yet as tyre dealers want to know the OEM tyre brand to negotiate a swap. The sales guy tells me that BMW 320ds can come with Michelin / Bridgestone / Continental depending on production batches. Anyone got any info on this?

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by SDP : 8th July 2017 at 22:16. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 9th June 2017, 22:18   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
I came across this excellent article about tyres, thought I should share this here as quite a lot of people have asked about what brand of tires should they swap for their Run-flats for?
Link: Best Car Tyres 2016-2017

I am looking to swap the Run-flat tyres of my 320d with Tubeless tyres - Pirelli P7 / Yokohama Advan Sport / Continental ContiSportContact. I still haven't decided yet as tyre dealers want to know the OEM tyre brand to negotiate a swap. The sales guy tells me that BMW 320ds can come with Michelin / Bridgestone / Continental depending on production batches. Anyone got any info on this?

Thanks,
Paul
Yes it can vary with batch. My Prestige came with Bridgestone Turanza. I think the Sportline comes with Bridestone Potenza. But it can vary. If your car you have finalised is already in the stockyard or Chennai plant they can check and confirm even before delivery.
Kelly66 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks