Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 21:47   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
Thank you Kelly66! The interiors are Oyster not Beige, Oyster Dakota leather has black carpeting combination, which I feel is a better buy than all-beige. I am also getting a Ceramic Pro exterior and interior coating, which should take care of maintaining a clean car.
Yes, looking at the pictures posted, the Red does look different under different lighting conditions. I am based in Indiranagar, Blore. Looks like you do visit Blore!

Meanwhile on a different note:

I got a mail from BMW saying that prices for BSI + R package are likely to go up from July 1st because 15% service tax will become 18% under GST.

My usage is going to be around 8-10K kms per year. I was wondering whether 5 yr/60K package makes sense.

Service package costs Rs.136160/- (this covers engine oil, filters and brake oil).
Plus package costs Rs.286810/- (this additionally covers brake pads and wipers(not sure)).
Extra warranty for 4yrs (i.e.2 extra years) is Rs.71070/- but there is a big jump for 5 years - Rs.139035/-

Seeking clarifications on the foll:

* What is the latest service cost for 1st year or 2nd year - In this thread I have read that it was as low as Rs.10039 at 7080 kms (not sure how long ago this was). I was told that only engine oil will cost me Rs.18-19K and including filters it would go to Rs.25-28K for 1st service. What is a realistic estimate?

* Additionally, brake oil (Rs.13K) may need replacement at least twice within 40K kms. How often will one need to replace this if one is light on the brakes?

If the above is true then taking the 5 yr/60km Service package at Rs.136160/- may make sense. Even though, I can take this decision before Mar-18, the current price increase of 3% and perhaps another change in price list in Nov-17 (how much do they increase every year?) is weighing on my mind.

Also, contemplating 4 year warranty, Anyone, had any major issues within 4 years? For this I have time till Mar-19.

Pl suggest.

Last edited by ampere : 27th June 2017 at 23:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged; Fixed post to reflect merge
Kelly66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 12:52   #1427
BHPian

Hey me too, albeit a bit older - i have a red sportsline with black interiors from October 2015.

I felt Melbourne red was one of the least common colors but I guess I'm wrong there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
It's great to see the BMW RED SQUAD out here! Awesome choice of color guys!

@Akshay1234 Where did you source that number plate from?

What modifications have you guys done to your cars? @Strella @neeravnaik

Mods done to mine:
- RFT to Tubeless tyres

Mods pending on my car:
- Ceramic Pro Exterior and Interior coating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Attaching a pic of my F30 here on the day of delivery. Had already done a few minor things to the car -

-Change to Advan Sport tubeless tyres
-Gloss black painted rims, and front whiskers
-Gloss black double slat kidney grilles
-Body colour rear lip spoiler
Wow! the blacked out grill and wheels look awesome!!
Did the dealer do this for you or you got this done outside?
I've been pondering about getting this done soon - and also wrapping the roof and ORVMs in gloss black vinyl.
Has anyone tried this yet? Kindly share pics if possible.
Plastidip is also an option but haven't seen gloss black plastidip yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Congrats! And the best decision was the change to tubeless. Now the ride is pretty good I must say, and it doesn't impact the handling one bit. My 320d is the same colour too. Have you noticed the red in the lci looks different from the pre lci cars? Every enthusiast who has seen my car asks if it is a different red.
During a recent service at Navnit motors my pre-lci melbourne red was parked right next to a new one - probably being prepared for delivery.
I couldn't make out any perceptible difference in shade apart from the usual ageing effects
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_06351.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th June 2017 at 13:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
sanj947 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:45   #1428
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Bit of a noob question but I'm just curious. Is there a downside to taking BSI in terms of the work BMW carries out during service?

I mean would they be doing something extra or more if it was a paid service or there's no such cause for concern and they'd do the same kind of work either way.
I had purchased the 3 year 40k km package with the car.
Its a waste of money IMHO especially if your mileage is low.
BMW doesn't take up any replacement (wipers, cabin air filter etc.) that is not shown as DUE on Idrive.
I've been through 2 years/services and wipers were replaced only ONCE as was the cabin air filter.
The fact is that these don't show up on Idrive at all - I did not get any valid explanation for this from the SA and neither from the senior.

Brake pads and discs on idrive indicate that they will last till 36k (rear) and 40k (front). I doubt that I will complete this kind of mileage in the next year as I have only reached
A friend who owns the F30 as well and has not taken BSI has not spent more than 25k on any service in first 3 years.

Extended warranty is a must but BSI is NOT if your mileage is below 12k per year
sanj947 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 20:31   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
I had purchased the 3 year 40k km package with the car.
Its a waste of money IMHO especially if your mileage is low.
BMW doesn't take up any replacement (wipers, cabin air filter etc.) that is not shown as DUE on Idrive.
I've been through 2 years/services and wipers were replaced only ONCE as was the cabin air filter.
The fact is that these don't show up on Idrive at all - I did not get any valid explanation for this from the SA and neither from the senior.

Brake pads and discs on idrive indicate that they will last till 36k (rear) and 40k (front). I doubt that I will complete this kind of mileage in the next year as I have only reached
A friend who owns the F30 as well and has not taken BSI has not spent more than 25k on any service in first 3 years.

Extended warranty is a must but BSI is NOT if your mileage is below 12k per year
Good to know this, sanj947! Your brake pad mileage stated above is - replacement due at 36K ODO and another 36K to go for replacement? Did you get to know the cost for your services?

I had a detailed conversation with a BMW SA this evening. I got to know that 12k/1 year condition (with or without BSI) is actually "whichever is later" and not whichever is earlier as stated by the sales exec.
With BSI they will only do it as per iDrive and even without BSI we have the option of doing the service as per iDrive.

If I am not mistaken it was Karan, who did his first service in 18th month or so. Now, I can understand this is possible based on whichever is later condition.

Considering my usage will not be more than 10K per year and with the above additional input, if I am able to stretch the service beyond 12 months then going for 5yr/60K package may not make sense.

We also need to keep in mind that we will lose 7% bank interest p.a. by paying upfront, although it may be partially offset by their annual price increase.
Old 29th June 2017, 21:11   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
if I am able to stretch the service beyond 12 months then going for 5yr/60K package may not make sense.
Hi Kelly66

Just want add here, my experience with 3GT (same engine) is bit different. Every time I did servicing, system were reset to next 1 year or 12000 km, whichever comes earlier. So even if you don’t drive your car more than 12000 km/year, you have to do the service after one year or 12 months.

With-in 1 month of your service due date, your notification color will change (at MID when you start engine). Also this km reading is condition based, depends on your driving style. I have noticed, driving in sport mode for 1400 km has resulted 2000 km reduction from my total service due km readings.

What I mean, you can’t stretch this interval.

Bottom-line, you have to do the service when it is due on idrive or in your key fob reading.

Any doubt, send an email to customer support, they will clear it. Don't trust these SAs.

Brdgs
Sail

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th July 2017 at 16:44. Reason: fixed quote
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 21:39   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Just want add here, my experience with 3GT (same engine) is bit different. Every time I did servicing, system were reset to next 1 year or 12000 km, whichever comes earlier. So even if you don’t drive your car more than 12000 km/year, you have to do the service after one year or 12 months.
* Yes, they will reset system after every service to 12K/1 yr. But, if you are able to stretch that period (whether 1st or 2nd or any other) to more than 12 months, you gain right?

Quote:
With-in 1 month of your service due date, your notification color will change (at MID when you start engine). Also this km reading is condition based, depends on your driving style. I have noticed, driving in sport mode for 1400 km has resulted 2000 km reduction from my total service due km readings.
* You are right, my first thousand reduced after 392 kms (was fully on Ecopro but very short drives), 2nd 1000 after 1740 kms and 3rd after 2620 kms - so it does depend on driving style. I hardly drive on Sport mode, not sure why it dropped so fast.

Quote:
What I mean, you can’t stretch this interval.
* Is there anyone who has stretched beyond 12 months?

Quote:
Bottom-line, you have to do the service when it is due on idrive or in your key fob reading.

Any doubt, send an email to customer support, they will clear it. Don't trust these SAs.
* Have sent a mail just now - will get back tomorrow.

MOD NOTE: Please do NOT reply to posts using text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this this thread.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th July 2017 at 16:49. Reason: See mod note.
Old 29th June 2017, 21:51   #1432
BHPian

Quote:

I got a mail from BMW saying that prices for BSI + R package are likely to go up from July 1st because 15% service tax will become 18% under GST.

My usage is going to be around 8-10K kms per year. I was wondering whether 5 yr/60K package makes sense.

Service package costs Rs.136160/- (this covers engine oil, filters and brake oil).
Plus package costs Rs.286810/- (this additionally covers brake pads and wipers(not sure)).
Extra warranty for 4yrs (i.e.2 extra years) is Rs.71070/- but there is a big jump for 5 years - Rs.139035/-

===============
Also, contemplating 4 year warranty, Anyone, had any major issues within 4 years? For this I have time till Mar-19.

Pl suggest.
The extended warranty is must. You can go for additional 2/3/4 years, depending on how long you would want to keep. Since your annual mileage is low, you may not need BSI package (especially the BSI plus). I have a BSI basic package for 3 years/40K kms and 4 year warranty. I did my first service recently and the cost was just above Rs. 10,000. Except oil and filter, nothing else was changed. Idrive shows that brake oil needs to be changed at 2 years and 8 months. The brake pads change is due at 50,000 kms (the brake discs are not shown in idrive; when the dealer changes the pads, he will be able to tell us during that time). The first inspection of the car is due at 50,000 kms. If your annual mileage is low, then you do not need BSI (unless they have two different price packages, with BSI one price and without BSI another price - like hospitals, with or without insurance).
BSI basic package includes the brake oil change too.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th July 2017 at 16:50. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Fstlndrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 22:04   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
The extended warranty is must. You can go for additional 2/3/4 years, depending on how long you would want to keep. Since your annual mileage is low, you may not need BSI package (especially the BSI plus). I have a BSI basic package for 3 years/40K kms and 4 year warranty. I did my first service recently and the cost was just above Rs. 10,000. Except oil and filter, nothing else was changed. Idrive shows that brake oil needs to be changed at 2 years and 8 months. The brake pads change is due at 50,000 kms (the brake discs are not shown in idrive; when the dealer changes the pads, he will be able to tell us during that time). The first inspection of the car is due at 50,000 kms. If your annual mileage is low, then you do not need BSI (unless they have two different price packages, with BSI one price and without BSI another price - like hospitals, with or without insurance).
BSI basic package includes the brake oil change too.
How come it cost you only Rs.10000/-? Today, the SA told me that engine oil costs Rs.13500/-, filter cost is about 5000/- (2 filters may need replacement) + taxes = Rs.27K approx. Unless, they only did an engine oil top up instead of full replacement for you. I doubt that.

Extd warranty is still under consideration.
Old 29th June 2017, 22:44   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
How come it cost you only Rs.10000/-? Today, the SA told me that engine oil costs Rs.13500/-, filter cost is about 5000/- (2 filters may need replacement) + taxes = Rs.27K approx. Unless, they only did an engine oil top up instead of full replacement for you. I doubt that.

Fact:
Scheduled oil service on a 320d needs the following
- 6.5 litres of approved LL04 engine oil
- 1 oil filter
- 3+2 FRUs or 25 minutes of labour

Even if you turn up with Shell or Castrol LL04 oil in a sealed container and at a better price from outside, ask the dealer to just change the filter the total cost will be between 10K to 12K and the warranty will hold. Just record on the Job card that the oil was sourced and provided in a sealed container to the dealer.

I would not change the AC filter in first service. It has activated carbon and it is a criminal waste to change it so early.

The Air filter can be inspected by just opening the cover. If the pleats are contorted that means replace the air filter else use it till next service. Don't remove, dust and replace. Remember, there is a beautiful BMW engine breathing through that piece. Also, don't defer changing air filter else it would cause centre bearing of the turbo to leak and may result in catastrophic failure.

Rest everything on the quote of first service is a result of abundant caution or triggered by CBS or aggressive parts sales target setting.

Ask patiently the SA the reason for changing each component and by the time your car is outside warranty, you will have enough know how to command the repairs at independent garages.

Try ordering parts from Boodmo. It's advert keeps on popping in Team-Bhp. They are a start-up company based in Gurgaon that supply Genuine or OEM parts.

Hope this long post helps you.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 08:32   #1435
BHPian

Brake pads are due for replacement at 36k on the odo- as I've only done 16k in 2 years, I'm sure that my BSI cover will expire before the pads do.
Old 30th June 2017, 13:49   #1436
BHPian

Quote:

I assume the price difference could be due to whether you have BSI package or not. If you do not have BSI, then they may charge you Rs. 27K, if you have BSI, then they may charge exact amount to BMW. I am attaching my invoice for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-1st-service.jpg  

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 30th June 2017 at 14:08.
Old 30th June 2017, 14:06   #1437
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
The extended warranty is must. You can go for additional 2/3/4 years, depending on how long you would want to keep.
Agree with you on the extended warranty. With expensive german's cars, it is just not worth avoiding extended warranty.

Quote:
I have a BSI basic package for 3 years/40K kms and 4 year warranty.
I too took the 3 year/40K package. However I feel that if you have the package, they only do a barebones service. Since money has already been collected. However, if it is paid, they may do a proper service. At 20K, they have not even changed my air filter for the 20K service. No fuel filter changes either. Pure oil and oil filter change. Frankly I feel that the service package is a rip off. I would just stick with extended warranty going forward, and am not planning to renew the service package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
Brake pads are due for replacement at 36k on the odo- as I've only done 16k in 2 years, I'm sure that my BSI cover will expire before the pads do.
Mine also showed 30K odd kms to replace when my odo was at 15. However after 20K the period drops quite drastically, despite that my driving pattern and driving location remains the same.

I spoke to the dealer and he said that no one usually goes beyond 30K with pads and mostly happens within 25K kms.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 14:28   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

I too took the 3 year/40K package. However I feel that if you have the package, they only do a barebones service. Since money has already been collected. However, if it is paid, they may do a proper service. At 20K, they have not even changed my air filter for the 20K service. No fuel filter changes either. Pure oil and oil filter change. Frankly I feel that the service package is a rip off. I would just stick with extended warranty going forward, and am not planning to renew the service package.
I think this gives a better explanation for the differential pricing between BMW and the customer.
Old 30th June 2017, 22:02   #1439
BHPian

Hi Sail, I wrote to the CRM last night and got a response this morning stating that it is "whichever is earlier". I called her up and asked her to connect me to the SA, who initially tried to give some stories then agreed that he has got clarity today that it is the earlier of either km or date. I have taken it writing from the CRM that this applies either with or without BSI package.

Based on feedback from many in this forum I decided not to take the BSI package. Will consider warranty at a later date.

Quote:
I assume the price difference could be due to whether you have BSI package or not. If you do not have BSI, then they may charge you Rs. 27K, if you have BSI, then they may charge exact amount to BMW.
I checked with the CRM today and taken it in writing that the price mentioned in the invoice will be the same for either a BSI customer or non-BSI customer. You should ask your dealer whether these are his standard rates even for a non-BSI customer. The rates in your invoice look like those given in the boodmo website.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st July 2017 at 07:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit the previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
Kelly66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 23:20   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Will consider warranty at a later date.

Hi Kelly66

You can opt for BRI any time before expiry of original warranty. I took it just before 1st year service. Also you can increase BRI duration during valid period by paying difference in price between packages effective at that time. Do remember, yearly once or twice they increase prices of BSI & BRI. So just keep in touch with them, they will keep you posted. It’s already saved my INR 1 lakh+ for replacement of front brake disks & rotors.

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st July 2017 at 07:47. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks