Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 10:42   #1456
Senior - BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Certain points to be noted under BSI, wiper replacements are possible at the time of service only, not anytime in between.
When my car was in for the electrical problem issue I asked for a wiper blade change which was done without any issue. My second service is about 3500 kms away.
Old 7th July 2017, 11:21   #1457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I asked for a wiper blade change which was done without any issue. My second service is about 3500 kms away.
You maybe a regular with service centre and they would have changed it before service, happens all the time with me and they will post invoice at time of service but this is not a norm, at least that's what used to happen till a couple of months ago. Since one does not need/get an invoice for BSI package cars, you might not have even noticed.

Quote:
The first thing the SA does is download the data from the key and take a printout of the recommended changes. Service is carried out as per this printout
Agreed, this is the exact procedure unless we complain about anything else or request any other check.
Old 7th July 2017, 23:00   #1458
EP.
BHPian

Sorry to disrupt the flow about BSI and service costs. As promised, I'm posting the pictures of my 320d after Ceramic Pro treatment from Ceramic Pro Kochi.

The results are amazing! The water repelling character is just fun to see while driving in the rain.

PS: you need not use wipers for mild rains!

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-file_003.jpeg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-file_000.jpeg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-file_001.jpeg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-file_002.jpeg
EP. is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 21:14   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
Sorry to disrupt the flow about BSI and service costs. As promised, I'm posting the pictures of my 320d after Ceramic Pro treatment from Ceramic Pro Kochi.

The results are amazing! The water repelling character is just fun to see while driving in the rain.

PS: you need not use wipers for mild rains!

Attachment 1654995

Attachment 1654996

Attachment 1654997

Attachment 1654998
Looks really good! Did you get the rims coated as well? How many layers? & lastly, do you notice any kind of swirl marks even minor ones?
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 08:57   #1460
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Looks really good! Did you get the rims coated as well? How many layers? & lastly, do you notice any kind of swirl marks even minor ones?
Thank You! Yes, they coat the entire exterior of the car - including the wheels and calipers.

The quality of paint is now "mirror like", also the depth of paint has increased noticeably. You can opt for either single / 3 / 5 / 7 coats of 9H layers after detailing to seal the paint. In my opinion 3 should be more than fine. Above the 9H coating, Ceramic Pro does a gloss coating as well. I had opted for the ceramic pro interior coating as well, Plastics and leather become easier to clean - just use a wet cloth, simple!

Biggest difference from the original paint quality - nothing adheres to the paint, even tar/ grease from the road - washes off very quickly to reveal that high gloss paint.

Overall experience with Ceramic Pro - highly recommended.

There are a lot of enthusiasts who still prefer Wax polishing to Ceramic coating. Maintenance of wax coatings are easier, while durability is very less - the gloss may last for 6 months at most (with frequent usage). But then Ceramic Coatings are very expensive. Both Wax polishing and Ceramic coatings have their merits and demerits, its really a personal choice at the end.

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited by EP. : 10th July 2017 at 08:59.
EP. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 13:35   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Overall experience with Ceramic Pro - highly recommended.

Hi Paul,

Would like to know what package did you picked up?

On their web-site, they have mentioned four packages along with certain warranty periods. Did you get any quotes of these package for 3er? Also I am worried about care / maintenance procedures incorporated in their warranty. I think you have to visit frequently to their work-shop?

Why I am asking? Two years back I applied Ceramic coating on my 3GT, out-side paint area only. Burning a 20K hole. I used pressure washer, Jopasu duster, NO RINSE water-less wash & microfiber towel from Greenz to maintain it. But it did not even lasted 6 months. Bonnet & front bumper area went off with-in 2/3 months (may be due to my highway trips). Job was done professionally by a fellow BHPian from Kolkata who has plethora of experience in this field.

After that I am really scared to spend that much amount of money.

Cheers,
Sail
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 14:08   #1462
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Hi Paul,

Would like to know what package did you picked up?

On their web-site, they have mentioned four packages along with certain warranty periods. Did you get any quotes of these package for 3er? Also I am worried about care / maintenance procedures incorporated in their warranty. I think you have to visit frequently to their work-shop?

Why I am asking? Two years back I applied Ceramic coating on my 3GT, out-side paint area only. Burning a 20K hole. I used pressure washer, Jopasu duster, NO RINSE water-less wash & microfiber towel from Greenz to maintain it. But it did not even lasted 6 months. Bonnet & front bumper area went off with-in 2/3 months (may be due to my highway trips). Job was done professionally by a fellow BHPian from Kolkata who has plethora of experience in this field.

After that I am really scared to spend that much amount of money.

Cheers,
Sail
Hello Sail,

I had the Silver package ( IronX wash + Detailing+ 3 layers of Ceramic Pro nano coating + Light coating), produced excellent results.

From what I have heard, there are a lot of brands that offer Ceramic coating, and Ceramic Pro is the best and lasts longer beacause of the procedures followed and the equipment used (for example - the curing process required dedicated heating upto 70 deg C for the exterior and the application process must be followed very well.) Was your coating Ceramic Pro?

About the longevity of the coating, we will see about that.

Cheers,
Paul
EP. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 15:47   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
About the longevity of the coating, we will see about that.
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your inputs.

I am not sure if it was Ceramic Pro. As you know detailers never disclose their product being used. But see the bottle pic (stickers removed by him) which I had taken during the process. Only surface preparation, followed by 1 coat. No curing at 70 Deg C but as per his advice car was not covered / washed for 7 days. But after application the car looked fabulous (photos below). After each wash (not frequently though) shine kept disappearing.

This time I am seriously thinking to re-coat again if the product overview is good as it gives a hassle free upkeep. Also I believe now, it is better to go ahead with a branded shop.

Cheers,
Sail.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_0623.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_0641.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_0635.jpg  

Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 19:29   #1464
BHPian

Hey Paul, Would you mind sharing how much the CeramicPro costed you?

Btw, I have the same colour - Melbourne Red!

Last edited by car'zy : 29th July 2017 at 19:34. Reason: Formatting.
Old 30th July 2017, 00:36   #1465
BHPian

Man. Just think about how seriously SEXY an F30 would look in a Ferrari Red. It kind of sucks that they just stuck to this slightly deeper red and don't have brighter reds in the F30 options list.

An Audi A3/4 still looks spectacular in a lighter red. That color will look even more killer with the aggressive F30 looks.
Old 1st August 2017, 17:41   #1466
BHPian

After driving BMW 320i for about a year, I recently found a new feature, which I was not aware earlier. When I come to full stop in a red light with the brake pedal pressed, the auto start-stop feature kicks in. I press the "P" mode in the gear shift knob and remove the foot from brake pedal, the car is still off ("Ready" mode). Normally, if I remove the foot from brake pedal, the engine switches on automatically and car starts moving.
Fstlndrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 19:00   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
After driving BMW 320i for about a year, I recently found a new feature, which I was not aware earlier. When I come to full stop in a red light with the brake pedal pressed, the auto start-stop feature kicks in. I press the "P" mode in the gear shift knob and remove the foot from brake pedal, the car is still off ("Ready" mode). Normally, if I remove the foot from brake pedal, the engine switches on automatically and car starts moving.

You can also press the hand brake and release the brake and the car will continue to be in Ready mode
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:22   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
You can also press the hand brake and release the brake and the car will continue to be in Ready mode
Interesting! Let me try this tomorrow.
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:22   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I doubt that because 320i does not have a button operated hand brake.
Old 4th August 2017, 18:13   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I doubt that because 320i does not have a button operated hand brake.
You are correct. When I apply handbrake, the engine starts from auto off mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks