Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 10:45   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

In international markets they are still not offering bigger iDrive screen, lighting package (corona rings/xenons) etc. as standard on any baseline. These packages still cost a bomb as options. The year-wise differences are quite minor (mostly related to software and rectification of any glaring issues - for which they will anyway recall the current models). So I doubt we will see any mid-life upgrade till '15.

As Bluebeem says, the entire sales package seems to revolve around what the dealer would be currently stuck with - either as volume discount, bulk ordering, order cancellation, etc. and accordingly he offers discounts to tempt the prospective buyer to get rid of it. So sometimes in this if there is a match, one may get a really good deal.
Old 19th October 2013, 11:59   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
So, I really hope that come January "14 they upgrade the iDrive on the Sports/Luxury Line 320d with the bigger one.
Don't expect the mid life upgrade until mid 2015 in India. The F10 5 series has seen a mid life upgrade after a long time !
Old 20th October 2013, 03:17   #273
BHPian

Had visited the BMW showroom yesterday as had a punctured tyre. More on that in a later post.

Confirmed that baseline now comes with xenons. Price has been increased by 50k. Discounts have reduced. He did not confirm but likely to be in the region of 2L.

Checked about the performance kit. They had no clue about the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks for the info. The specifications sheet I have doesn't show it. Will call the SA tomorrow for more details. Anyhow, it's a very good news indeed. Time for another TD to feel the car. Last time didn't pay attention to the baseline but now need to check out throughly. Financially it makes great sense compared to Sport Line. I hope dealer has a baseline for display/demo. Let's see.

Sunnysm mentioned 3.5L discount on baseline few posts ago in this very same thread.
Sunnysm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 09:21   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
Had visited the BMW showroom yesterday as had a punctured tyre. More on that in a later post.

Confirmed that baseline now comes with xenons. Price has been increased by 50k. Discounts have reduced. He did not confirm but likely to be in the region of 2L.

Thanks for the information. Good and bad news in one shot.

I will be visiting Navnit in Worli today to have a closer look at baseline which I didn't do earlier. Before checking out I am pretty sure that the one thing I would miss on baseline is the sports seats.

Please share the punctured tyre experience as well, it's very useful for prospective buyers.
Thanks!
Old 20th October 2013, 14:35   #275
BHPian

Posted about the puncture in the ownership section:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...re-2400km.html

Does anyone know if we can add navigation or BMW apps on the smaller idrive that comes with the baseline?
Old 20th October 2013, 17:58   #276
BHPian

Quote:

As expected Sunny! Did you inquire about the deal they are offering on the Sports/Luxury Line ? I guess the discount should be a lot more than 2L on the two

Quote:
Posted about the puncture in the ownership section:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...re-2400km.html

Does anyone know if we can add navigation or BMW apps on the smaller idrive that comes with the baseline?
I'd recommend you get the tires repaired like a normal tubeless should you face a similar situation next time. I have use the same method 4-5 times and I can certainly assure you that you won't face any issues in City driving at least. And I have the same question whether we can add BMW apps on the smaller iDrive or not. The Mumbai dealer said we can but the I really doubt if it's possible.
Old 20th October 2013, 18:29   #277
BHPian

When I purchased the car in early September, the discount on luxury/sport was 2L and discount on baseline was 3.5L. Discount was highest on baseline. Did not check yesterday but am assuming it should be around the same as last month.

Thanks for the puncture bit. That's what i am planning.

Do let me know if you get to know about BMW apps or performance kit. Thanks.
Old 20th October 2013, 20:56   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
I'd recommend you get the tires repaired like a normal tubeless should you face a similar situation next time. I have use the same method 4-5 times and I can certainly assure you that you won't face any issues in City driving at least. And I have the same question whether we can add BMW apps on the smaller iDrive or not. The Mumbai dealer said we can but the I really doubt if it's possible.
I've read inquiries on a few other forums. BMW Apps and Sat Nav can't be installed on the smaller idrive available in the Indian 3 series.

You should take up your dealer's offer and let me know.
Old 20th October 2013, 22:31   #279
BHPian

Visited Infinity BMW today afternoon to checkout the baseline with Xenons. At first the SA said that she has heard about baseline with Xenons but so far not seen one. However, when she took me to the parking lot a baseline, ready for delivery, was parked and it had Xenons. Then she explained me that she is relatively new there. Good thing is that she said 3.5L discount on baseline as well as Sport line.

Also, there is a sports plus variant which has a bigger iDrive and is cool 5L expensive than Sport line. So now I am more confused about which variant to go for because of 3.5L discount which could be even more when I take my cheque book with me.

Buying the right car (rather the right variant) is getting on my nerves now :(
Old 20th October 2013, 23:18   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
I've read inquiries on a few other forums. BMW Apps and Sat Nav can't be installed on the smaller idrive available in the Indian 3 series.

You should take up your dealer's offer and let me know.
Instead of taking the dealer's offer, I have something big (literally) planned with a lot more. Stay tuned!
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:13   #281
BHPian

Hi, Had visited the showroom today to get my number plates. They told me the discount of 3.5 lakhs is not available on new baseline with Xenons. The max would be 2.25 is what they had told me.

The new baseline with Xenons looks awesome. Good work by BMW. They are learning quickly from the Audis of the world.

Quote:
Visited Infinity BMW today afternoon to checkout the baseline with Xenons. At first the SA said that she has heard about baseline with Xenons but so far not seen one. However, when she took me to the parking lot a baseline, ready for delivery, was parked and it had Xenons. Then she explained me that she is relatively new there. Good thing is that she said 3.5L discount on baseline as well as Sport line.

Also, there is a sports plus variant which has a bigger iDrive and is cool 5L expensive than Sport line. So now I am more confused about which variant to go for because of 3.5L discount which could be even more when I take my cheque book with me.

Old 23rd October 2013, 20:08   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Had visited the showroom today to get my number plates. They told me the discount of 3.5 lakhs is not available on new baseline with Xenons. The max would be 2.25 is what they had told me.

The new baseline with Xenons looks awesome. Good work by BMW. They are learning quickly from the Audis of the world.
Even I called your SA and he told me the same thing. If I buy the car in my name then he will give me an additional 70k off making it 3L as some doctor's discount but cannot get the car in my name.

Do you think you can help squeeze a better deal from him? Also any idea about the logistic charges? They are charging 25k for it. Any point in throwing the court order terming it illegal in there face? With the current quote it is shooting slightly over my budget. Anyways will be visiting the showroom sometime next week.
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:53   #283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I called your SA and he told me the same thing. If I buy the car in my name then he will give me an additional 70k off making it 3L as some doctor's discount but cannot get the car in my name.

Do you think you can help squeeze a better deal from him? Also any idea about the logistic charges? They are charging 25k for it. Any point in throwing the court order terming it illegal in there face? With the current quote it is shooting slightly over my budget. Anyways will be visiting the showroom sometime next week.
There is always scope for a bit more negotiation. As soon as you show your cheque book and these guys realize that you are a serious buyer, they will agree to some more discounts. May not be a huge amount, but certainly a bit more. If nothing else try and work on getting things like the original BMW rubber mats, or even the car cover if your car is parked outside.
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:32   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are you confirmed for 3.5 L discount on baseline with xenons? I tried here and what i heard is that, they won't be able to give 3.5 on car with xenon, max i got is figure of 2.25 lakhs.

Can you please confirm this ?

Last edited by sameerg001 : 23rd October 2013 at 23:33.
Old 24th October 2013, 00:05   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Are you confirmed for 3.5 L discount on baseline with xenons? I tried here and what i heard is that, they won't be able to give 3.5 on car with xenon, max i got is figure of 2.25 lakhs.

Can you please confirm this ?
You can contact Amisha Jain from Infinity Worli who is Sr. SE there and confirm this as I was told this by her last week only. I am going to have a call with her on weekend during which I will also ask her the same to be sure. This is the main reason I am considering baseline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks