Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2016, 09:16   #1096
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
the Sun had dried out all the water droplets from the headlight and now it is as clean as the other headlight. I have some faith in the dust and pollution of Delhi to block the vents or leaks in the seal (if any) by next year, so that the same problem would not be repeated.
I won't advise for this, get the headlight changed. They will have to do if they can't see any visible damage to adjacent parts even if headlamp is damaged which is not your case anyways. There appears to be some leakage somewhere & your lamps / assembly will get dirty inside over a period of time.

Quote:
The service manager checked for any physical damage and none found. He had clicked few pictures and told me that he will send these pictures to BMW India for their approval to change under warranty, which should take 1 or 2 days (as per his words). After 5 days, no communications received.
Do follow up with this guy, mark a copy to the sales team as well, BMW is very prompt in processing such claims by my own experience.

I am not aware of escalation matrix for BMW but it will be a good idea to mail your experience and photos to BMW India.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th September 2016 at 09:21.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 10:11   #1097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Best Service Engineer is "The Sun": In last two days of hot sunny weather, the Sun had dried out all the water droplets from the headlight and now it is as clean as the other headlight. I have some faith in the dust and pollution of Delhi to block the vents or leaks in the seal (if any) by next year, so that the same problem would not be repeated.
Fstlndrive, sorry to hear about this.

Although the condensation has dried out, it will leave some residual marks on the inside of the lens. Turn on the headlights in a dark setting (in the night/parking lot) and check. This instance may also repeat itself in the future and by no means is it acceptable in a car where you've had to shell out more than 30 big ones!

Request you to get in touch with BMW and send them a mail with the snaps. Please get it replaced.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 10:20   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

If you notice one headlight has condensation while the other doesn't under the same ambient conditions, then the headlight is definitely faulty and will turn yellow/dull very soon. Definite case for replacement under warranty.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 11:10   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I won't advise for this, get the headlight changed. They will have to do if they can't see any visible damage to adjacent parts even if headlamp is damaged which is not your case anyways. There appears to be some leakage somewhere & your lamps / assembly will get dirty inside over a period of time.

Do follow up with this guy, mark a copy to the sales team as well, BMW is very prompt in processing such claims by my own experience.

I am not aware of escalation matrix for BMW but it will be a good idea to mail your experience and photos to BMW India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Fstlndrive, sorry to hear about this.

Although the condensation has dried out, it will leave some residual marks on the inside of the lens. Turn on the headlights in a dark setting (in the night/parking lot) and check. This instance may also repeat itself in the future and by no means is it acceptable in a car where you've had to shell out more than 30 big ones!

Request you to get in touch with BMW and send them a mail with the snaps. Please get it replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
If you notice one headlight has condensation while the other doesn't under the same ambient conditions, then the headlight is definitely faulty and will turn yellow/dull very soon. Definite case for replacement under warranty.
Thank you very much for all your valuable advise, and I really appreciate it. I will follow it up and get the headlight changed under warranty. If nothing happens, then I will contact BMW India.
I am really happy that I am part of the team-bhp family.
Old 13th September 2016, 20:06   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
I won't advise for this, get the headlight changed.

The dealer says that he got the communication back from BMW that he should open the bumper and take the headlight out and check for any leaks, etc. and report back to BMW. Then, they will advise on changing the light. Hence, the car will be opened twice, once for checking the issue and second for changing the headlight after approval.

Although it will be done under warranty, what should I do? Should I allow them to open the bumper and other parts twice? OR wait for another instance of water entering into the headlight and then get this work done. I have lot of hesitation them opening a new car twice in the pretext of warranty claims. Please advise.
Old 13th September 2016, 21:36   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Please advise.
IMO You should not be hung up on opening it twice, in any case it will be done twice. Next time they will say the unit needs to be sent for checking for breakage by impact etc even if they see water in it.

More you delay lesser the chances of warranty claim being accepted.

Otherwise you can let them open it and send the unit for checking, leave your car there for few days until they complete their process and that way it will be opened only once. If you are OK with that.
Old 14th September 2016, 08:50   #1102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW that he should open the bumper and take the headlight out and check for any leaks, etc. and report back to BMW. Then, they will advise on changing the light
That appears to be standard procedure, but in all likelihood, they should have light in stocks. I am not sure if they will actually need to remove the bumper or just loosen it to take the light out but either way, you should not worry too much. It's not complicated or something that needs special efforts. Get the job done.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 12:15   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
That appears to be standard procedure, but in all likelihood, they should have light in stocks. I am not sure if they will actually need to remove the bumper or just loosen it to take the light out but either way, you should not worry too much. It's not complicated or something that needs special efforts. Get the job done.
Update on the headlight issue:

I wrote an email this morning about this headlight issue to BMW India. Very promptly within 2 hours, the Deutsche Motoren workshop had called me with an update, that is BMW India had told them to replace the headlight under warranty. Once the headlight arrives (in 10-12 days), the workshop will change it. I will update once the headlight is replaced.

I would like to thank BMW India for their prompt and quick action (within 2 hours; which I did not expect), and also all the forum members for their help to solve the issue.

I agree that BMW India after sales service/customer service is excellent (based on this one issue) and as other members had pointed out.
Fstlndrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 15:59   #1104
BHPian

One thing is proved by this incident that BMW is a good company towards it's customers, but their dealers are a horrible bunch. I just hope BMW is reading this.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 17:49   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
One thing is proved by this incident that BMW is a good company towards it's customers, but their dealers are a horrible bunch. I just hope BMW is reading this.
I too agree with this point. At least with BMW, we get a fair treatment as a customer by contacting them.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:04   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear that you got a quick resolution. Don't give credit to BMW too soon

If you look at it from the dealer's point of view, what is his motivation for denying a warranty claim? BMW doesn't want the dealer to forward warranty claims without due diligence and the dealer is motivated to "put up" a show of due diligence by delaying the decision and carrying out "procedures". The service advisors "off the record" advise customers to approach the manufacturers directly to speed things up and it usually works. Sort of a good cop bad cop thing.
Old 17th September 2016, 02:08   #1107
BHPian

The Aircon on my 320d seems to be facing some problem. The blower is throwing lesser air. Could this be because of the Aircon filter being blocked ? Does it need to be replaced or can be cleaned like in other cars ? I checked online a few of the DIY videos show that the filter has to be removed and a new filter has to be installed.
Old 17th September 2016, 11:12   #1108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
The Aircon on my 320d seems to be facing some problem. The blower is throwing lesser air. Could this be because of the Aircon filter being blocked ? Does it need to be replaced or can be cleaned like in other cars ? I checked online a few of the DIY videos show that the filter has to be removed and a new filter has to be installed.
Is the blower making more noise and throwing out less air? If so it is the cabin filter (or microfilter in BMW terms). A cleaning may do, but better to replace if its been a while. If buying from outside then make sure its a charcoal activated filter.
Old 29th September 2016, 18:50   #1109
Team-BHP Support

Hi there. My one year old bmw gt is due for insurance (I take Secure / zero dep etc). Is it fair to just renew it via BMW itself or to approach outside agents?

Any tips would be helpful.

thanks
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 19:55   #1110
Senior - BHPian

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_5918.png
So BMW reminded me yesterday that am about to complete 1 year with my lovely 320D. Have been too busy with studies lately and do not get much time to post stuff or even drive the car, had even forgotten to renew the insurance, so that was the first thing i did. My dealer did mail me a quotation of National Insurance but was not interested in going with them, was earlier insured with Bharti Axa.

Logged into some sites and the best offer being given was by Bharti, the insurance with an IDV of 25L costed me 56k, this includes 50% NCB from previous car. The add on covers were : NCB protector (ncb stays 50% for renewal upto 2 claims in a year), Engine and gearbox protector, Consumables cover and RSA. Renewed the insurance online myself before confirming the preferred BMW dealer in Gurgaon has a cashless tie up with Bharti.

I would start an ownership thread soon , the car has been a delight to drive so far. I have covered 9400 kms and this German has been extremely reliable so far, there is not a squeak/rattle, no visits to workshop and i keep using all 184 horses frequently. The first service was carried out at 6600 kms and i have a BSI pack so paid nothing, did get the wipers changed as you get 1 set/year with BSI.

The super aggressive engine and the RWD chassis is a delight to drive on highways, the steering is spot on, braking is phenomenal and the seating position is low, perfect recipe for a sports sedan. The ride is great as well but that is at the expense of some handling, the rear dampers are a touch more softer than required and the rear gets unsettled on sharp undulations at high speeds, might replace the rear dampers with Bilstein B6 soon and if required, the fronts as well.

Every time i drive this car, am delighted that i took our forum's advice specifically GTO and Akshay1234 (thanks a ton guys) and went for this over the Skoda Octavia, this beemer costed us 32L on road and it was a decision which i still relish, 7L over the Skoda were well worth. Posting some photos from a recent detailing session done by me at home and some mind boggling efficiency when dad took her out for a drive to Chandigarh and restrained to 100-110 as he got a ticket early morning for being at 68 in a 50 limit zone.

Hope this dream run continues and the car stays reliable+ niggle free, the other German at home (Vento) is pathetic on the reliability front and has had tons of issues in 4 years with non existent support from VAG.

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_5423.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_5425.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_5429.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_5919.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks