Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 17:51   #1576
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Unfortunately there is only one dealer in whole of Gujarat state and they have kind of monopoly situation. The nearest would be Mumbai which would be 500+ kms and it isn't practically possible to just send your vehicle so far for service
Old 28th November 2017, 22:59   #1577
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
Unfortunately there is only one dealer in whole of Gujarat state and they have kind of monopoly situation. The nearest would be Mumbai which would be 500+ kms and it isn't practically possible to just send your vehicle so far for service
Call the BMW helpline and ask them about the matter. Normally they are very responsive, so I'm sure theyll be able to help. Of course do let us know what they say.
Old 28th November 2017, 23:57   #1578
Team-BHP Support

Yes, there’s problem with Gujarat Dealership. BMW is looking for a new entity. There will be issues for a while.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th November 2017 at 00:02.
Old 30th November 2017, 21:02   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi All

There is currently a larger discount on the prestige model compared the edition sport. is it worth getting the prestige or should i spend the extra on the edition sport. The difference is approximately 8 lakhs.

Does anyone have prestige variant who can share the feedback.
I own a MY17 prestige and am totally satisfied with the trim. Followed Akshay1234's advice on this thread. Essentially for the money you save, you lose out on a sun roof, bigger screen, lot of chrome, paddle shifters etc ( not big in my books) but you gain on the all imp sidewall. Sportsline and luxury line run on lower profile tyres.
Old 1st December 2017, 18:12   #1580
BHPian

My 2015 BMW insurance is up for renewal in a couple of weeks. I have received a quote from HDFC ergo for 65K with an IDV of about 26.5L. This is bumper to bumper zero depreciation cover. Is going for an engine protect cover a good idea? Also, how about HDFC ERGO as a company? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2017, 18:40   #1581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is going for an engine protect cover a good idea?
Absolutely must! Don't risk saving a little additional premium. Try New India as well, they have been aggressive in recent past.
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:21   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
My 2015 BMW insurance is up for renewal in a couple of weeks. I have received a quote from HDFC ergo for 65K with an IDV of about 26.5L. This is bumper to bumper zero depreciation cover. Is going for an engine protect cover a good idea? Also, how about HDFC ERGO as a company? Thanks in advance.
I shopped around a ton recently and finally settled for ICICI Lombard with a 26L IDV. The final quote came to approx 73000 and it has engine protect added to it.

Bajaj Allianz and other companies are pretty aggressive with their pricing, however, don't forget to check the final quotation and the fine print.

Most of the time, they might deduct a few essentials to make the pricing look all fancy especially if you're going through an agent.
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:14   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
I today called up the BMW authorized service centre (Parsoli motors Ahmedabad) for service booking and was shocked to hear that the dealer has stopped offering routine services since they have some dispute going on with BMW since past one week and dont know when it will be resolved before they start accepting the bookings. Upon further probing i was informed that BMW has stopped supplying them the spares and consumables. I have taken a BSI package for my 320 D, the question i have is will BMW take responsibility if any damage happens to the vehicle due to no service happening for a prolonged period for no fault of the customer ?

Can someone help me with any representative of BMW who can help us in this matter. What are the options available to customer in such a scenario ??
I am also based in Ahmedabad and just got to know about this through your post. Let me know if you find out anything.

Also guys I have a 2016 320d M Sport LCI, havn't received any calls from BMW but that could be down to the issue mentioned above with the Ahmedabad dealership. Would be grateful if I could know the issues.
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:25   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
above with the Ahmedabad dealership. Would be grateful if I could know the issues.

Parsoli motors has lost the bmw dealership for entire Gujarat due to some financial mismanagement, now Kataria motors is coming out with new license for bmw in Gujarat but it's happening only in 2018 sometime.

It sucks for customer service. Would say contact bmw India so that the provide alternatives till Kataria comes up.
Old 4th December 2017, 15:37   #1585
BHPian

I even tried called BMW helpline and also dropped the email to BMW India but so far haven't heard anything from them. Is the news confirmed of Kataria motors. Let me see if time permits i will drive down to service centre in next few days and update on the situation.
Old 23rd December 2017, 19:25   #1586
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I have owned 320d (E90) from 2008. Have run about 70,000 km. In recent years my use has dropped to about 3,000 km / year. Having driven 535x in US, and 320d in India for long, BMW bug has bitten me deep!
looking for 328i in original condition with sub-20 Lac budget. came across one 328i (F30), 2012 in good condition but owner has changed to R17 Rim and Tubeless tires. I want to take it to original specs by fitting R18 / R19 RFTs. advice and comments from bhpians on following is invited.
- long term experience with 328i in India
- where can I get R18 / R19 original rims? Cost?
Thanking all in advance with request to comment / advice.
viva
Old 24th December 2017, 11:04   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
I even tried called BMW helpline and also dropped the email to BMW India but so far haven't heard anything from them. Is the news confirmed of Kataria motors. Let me see if time permits i will drive down to service centre in next few days and update on the situation.

Amit, i had done the third service at Parsoli Motors day before yesterday. They seem to do the engine oil service but kept on asking if at all any brake service was required. I suspect they would not be able to perform services other than engine oil.
Old 25th December 2017, 08:49   #1588
BHPian

Bhpians,
I am looking for 328i in MH. Considering that these are 6 year old, odo is 50k+ km. What is fair price for reasonably good condition car like this?
As 328i are not easy to come by, may have to buy one outside MH. Then, have to pay MH tax (estimate 5L). Breaks the deal. Any suggestions?
Thanking in advance for valuable comments and suggestions.
viva
Old 27th December 2017, 18:21   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
Bhpians,
I am looking for 328i in MH. Considering that these are 6 year old, odo is 50k+ km. What is fair price for reasonably good condition car like this?
As 328i are not easy to come by, may have to buy one outside MH. Then, have to pay MH tax (estimate 5L). Breaks the deal. Any suggestions?
Thanking in advance for valuable comments and suggestions.
viva
Honestly, these are rare cars - finding one is difficult, and when you do - you need to move quick on it as a lot of people are interested in getting a good 328i!

In terms of pricing, from what I understand: 18 - 25L depending on the condition and kms is fair. It's a lot harder as the car is rare, but good ones do come up. If the owner is a non-enthusiast, you may strike a good deal; but an enthusiast who knows the value of the car won't let go of it cheap.

Mechanically, the car is quite solid. The only issue I could find during my research before picking one up was to do with the timing chain but it's not a big issue from what I understand. Other issues have to do with the dynamic suspension etc. but those aren't offered on the Indian car in any case.

Just as a back-up - consider a new vRS as well. It'll cost more, but it's a whole lot more practical, and the suspension is very well tuned unlike the soft 328i.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 03:53   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly, these are rare cars - finding one is difficult, and when you do - you need to move quick on it as a lot of people are interested in getting a good 328i!

In terms of pricing, from what I understand: 18 - 25L depending on the condition and kms is fair. It's a lot harder as the car is rare, but good ones do come up. If the owner is a non-enthusiast, you may strike a good deal; but an enthusiast who knows the value of the car won't let go of it cheap.

Mechanically, the car is quite solid. The only issue I could find during my research before picking one up was to do with the timing chain but it's not a big issue from what I understand. Other issues have to do with the dynamic suspension etc. but those aren't offered on the Indian car in any case.

Just as a back-up - consider a new vRS as well. It'll cost more, but it's a whole lot more practical, and the suspension is very well tuned unlike the soft 328i.
Thanks Lombo,
"vRS"??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks