Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 13:07   #136
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Quanto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
. . . .booked it on oct 5th, so why MnM delayed delivery? Are they hyping the demand?. . . .
I don't find this delay logical.....apart from a positive assumption that Mahindra still working on some anticipated issues which they might have found recently .

For me it appears to be a fair move than facing a 'Quanto niggles' thread on T-bhp.
Old 12th November 2012, 16:49   #137
BANNED

Information from Mahindra:

Quote:
Mahindra announced that it has received over 10,000 bookings for the Quanto within 2 months of launch. The company is ramping up capacity from 2500 units to 3500 units per month from January 2013 (at the Nashik plant).

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2012 at 20:22. Reason: Adding information that we've received directly from Mahindra
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 02:01   #138
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday the quanto was on display at the Oberon Mall in Kochi. And there was large crown surrounding it as some fun games were on.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Quanto : Official Review-111120121285.jpg  

Old 16th November 2012, 08:15   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Off late I have been seeing a lot of Quantos on the road. Two things that I would like to mention here:

1. The car looks pretty good and cannot be labelled as ugliest hatch available. Infact I found the looks quite good and different.

2. Second and more important thing is that it does command road presence just like its elder siblings. In your IRVM you would just mistake it to be another one of those bullying SUV/MUVs. And this might prove a very important trait since this is the only car that would give its owners that feel in its price bracket.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 10:15   #140
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Maroon Quanto in my office parking lot yesterday, standing next to a Santro. And it easily had a feet more height.

Car looks decent except when viewed from rear(at low angles) abrupt end doesnt look so good for my taste becaues it is a super tall boy

But it is very spacious for sure
Old 17th November 2012, 09:30   #141
jp1
BHPian

Finally I got delivery of my Quanto C6 on Thursday, 15th Nov. I did the pre delivery inspection on 8th and paid full amount on that day itself. Took insurance from outside as the dealer's insurance quote was on higher side. The delay in delivery after making full payment was attributed to govt. holidays.

I booked the vehicle on October 5th and got delivery on Nov 15th, i.e after 40 days, but I was allotted a vehicle manufactured in sept. During delivery I asked them the reason for giving me sept manufactured vehicle even though the vehicle was at some yard right from september. Dealer claims the vehicle was allotted to someone else and they could not take delivery due to issues with their loan and hence allotted to me. Not satisfied with their answer, nevertheless accepted it. The seats and carpets had some amount of dirt/stains which I did not observe at pre delivery inspection and on delivery because I did not bother to remove the plastic cover and check. Only after removing it at home, I could find it. ODO was showing 67 kms. On pre delivery inspection it was 63. Vehicle did not seems to be driven around, but there are signs of usage of the cabin, looks like someone was using it at the yard, may be as a shelter. Dealer never bothered to clean it up. Mahindra provided the cheapest foot mat you can ever think of for a car which costed 8.6 lakhs on road, some plastic stuff which slips when you use the pedals and get stuck behind the pedals.
The most unresponsive dealer I ever came across. I never asked them anything about the vehicle or its features because we have much more in depth details available on team-bhp. But they did not provide booking status even after repeated calls every week for a month or so. The sales guy it was his first job, but done a good job until he got my booking. Appreciate his knowledge about the vehicle even though it was his first job, never tried to be over smart like the guys we normally come across. But after taking my booking there was absolute silence. This shows the dealer is interested only till they get your booking. Even Mahindra call center was of no help other than saying your dealer will call you in 24 hours which they never called. The main reason I was asking them booking status was to arrange funds on time.

As far as the usage, I hardly driven it around for the last 2 days, but from the limited usage (only around 30 kms driven so far), I would say the vehicle is worth the money spent. GTO has provided an in depth review, so far I am in full agreement with those findings. I dont think anyone can provide more detailed report than that. Reversing is a pain due to limited visibility. This is due to the tall back rest of the 2nd row seat. It shows average fuel efficiency of about 12.5 kms (city driving so far).
jp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 22:16   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1

As far as the usage, I hardly driven it around for the last 2 days, but from the limited usage (only around 30 kms driven so far), I would say the vehicle is worth the money spent. GTO has provided an in depth review, so far I am in full agreement with those findings. I dont think anyone can provide more detailed report than that. Reversing is a pain due to limited visibility. This is due to the tall back rest of the 2nd row seat. It shows average fuel efficiency of about 12.5 kms (city driving so far).
Yours must be the first quanto on tbhp. Looking forward to a detailed report. That would be helpful to many prospective owners.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:10   #143
BHPian

tell me a perfect car.
Either car or its company suffer some degree of niggle during its ownership.
What Quanto is offering is offering a decent ride which is actually perfect for indian conditions at a price point which wont dent Indian pocket much.
I test drove it after all the hooplah in mind created by the media drives and after drive my observations are
-Front seats are like sofa with arm rest for both seats, very comfortable.
-Middle Row is spacious but its back rest is a bit more up straight.
-Engine pulls well from low revs, but is a bit audible on inside.
-Gearshift quality is ok but with a long shift action.
-Swallows Indian potholes with aplomb, no more missed heartbeats or hole tightenings as it will not rub belly on any sort of surface.
-Big boot, no more manipulations while holiday packing.
-Dont forget puddle lamps, you will always admire at night.
-AC blower throw is sufficient for middle bench.
-Mahindras bumpers etal I think are more robust as compared to other hatchbacks. [Once at redlight in B2B traffic My fusion touched Scorpio in front. At once I came out and to my horror Fusion's bumper was squeezed with 20k bill in my hand, But the scorpio's Bumper was intact with not even a single scratch and its owner smiling.]
-All this and much more at much friendly price.
very few hatchbacks offer All this safety equipments at such a price. I'll say good VFM alternative to the modern hatches.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 14:50   #144
Senior - BHPian

I see this car almost everyday coming back from Domsundra circle towards City on the Sarjapur road. To me this looks cute from the back. I suddenly got interested in this car as Baleno is doing quiet a heavy runs now (touching 72K Kms). These days the driver drives it to do the school drop/pickup business.

The idea of having a beater car for driver to get around for mundane tasks struck me, and looked at Quanto. Super review, covered everything in great detail.

OTR at close to 9L (for C8) and 8.5L for C6 is somehow putting me off. I would have liked it to be cheaper than this (Possibly not exceeding 6/7L).
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:50   #145
BHPian

Bolero should have been chopped to make quanto instead of Xylo. It would have had a killer looks of a mini SUV with very well built proportions. I see a red Quanto and a grey Duster everyday on my way to office. Quanto doesn't feel any different than a tall hatchback, looks familiar like a blown Wagon-R, Fusion etc. Quanto will sure be big hit among taxy segment like Verito (Logan). It hasn't made impact to true mini SUV buyer, whereas I am convinved with Duster on day-1. Its a head-turner for sure for many months (years) to come.

Last edited by hummer : 2nd December 2012 at 20:52.
Old 3rd December 2012, 06:36   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer
Bolero should have been chopped to make quanto instead of Xylo. It would have had a killer looks of a mini SUV with very well built proportions. I see a red Quanto and a grey Duster everyday on my way to office. Quanto doesn't feel any different than a tall hatchback, looks familiar like a blown Wagon-R, Fusion etc. Quanto will sure be big hit among taxy segment like Verito (Logan). It hasn't made impact to true mini SUV buyer, whereas I am convinved with Duster on day-1. Its a head-turner for sure for many months (years) to come.
The Bolero in its full size avatar already has an equally cramped 3rd row seat like the quanto How could they have chopped off anything from it?
And yes you're right, it does look like the Wagon R a lot.
Old 7th December 2012, 23:10   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer
The Quanto is a good package derived from the Xylo simply because the Xylo has a stubby nose with a more forward control design. The Bolero, on the other hand, is the old Jeep platform, which has a very long bonnet. Chopping the Bolero would not have created the packaging that was desired.
Old 18th December 2012, 14:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

Strange that there is still no ownership report on the forum !! Except for jp1.

Off late i have been spotting 2-3 quanto daily in bangalore( I realized its the same 2-3 guys who are in sync with my office timings !!)

After getting stuck in a jam behind a Quanto, i did not have any other option but to admire its rear beauty and i think its not as bad as i initially thought.

Coming to space, it has acres inside and i feel this might be a hit in the rural markets. buyers of Bolero might have an alternative with better FE and better feature set. so we may not see much of it in big cities but moving to tier 2 cities and smaller towns which have pretty bad roads, this makes a strong pitch.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:01   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awkward styling. Design isn't proportionate either
Exactly, I could see the Quanto at close quarters only two days ago and looked totally out of proportion. Not too many are seen around Cochin. The rear from the sides looked like tailgated by a road roller.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:47   #150
BHPian

Finally saw a Quanto from close quarters yesterday when one was right next to me at a traffic light. While overall it didn't look too bad, let's just say the rear styling is a little "eye-catching"! Also couldn't help but notice that the 15” wheels look too puny for a pretty sizeable car.

BTW no offense to anyone but here's my little take on the car's (slightly awkward) rear-end styling as arrived at by some high profile designers at M&M:

Step 1: Take our popular SUV Xylo
Step 2: Place our beloved SUV Scorpio, about 500 meters behind the Xylo
Step 3: Start the Scorpio and rapidly accelerate to 100 kmph
Step 4: Ram the Scorpio into the Xylo's rear at aforementioned speed (Maintain safe distance from collision site at all times)
Step 5: Upon collision, separate the Scorpio from the Xylo
Step 6: Voilà! Another star SUV results
Step 7: Name it Quanto!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks