Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:18   #241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Quanto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
I have been using the quanto for the last 13 months and 11000 km, and recently with Shell diesel for the last approx 2000km. My recent mileage has been 20.8 with full load and ac on, on the highway and hovering around 17.9 in the city, with b2b traffic once again ac "on" always.
Did you see any improvement on Shell diesel?

My quanto gives me about 14 kmpl in city, AC on about 50% of the time. On highways, if driven sedately, I have got about 18 to 19. These are tankfull to tank full measurements.
The MID usually fluctuates between 13 to 18 in city and easily 20+ on highways, but you really can't trust the MID .
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:36   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Did you see any improvement on Shell diesel?

My quanto gives me about 14 kmpl in city, AC on about 50% of the time. On highways, if driven sedately, I have got about 18 to 19. These are tankfull to tank full measurements.
The MID usually fluctuates between 13 to 18 in city and easily 20+ on highways, but you really can't trust the MID .
Yes deep bang I did see an improvement in using shell diesel,
1. The mileage improved by 3 to 4km/l ( tank full to tank full method ) not MID
2. The engine has become a lot silent.
3. Pick up has improved
4. Extremely stress free experience at the shell bunk ( no worries about measurements, adulteration etc.,)

While factors 1 and 4 are for real, 2 and 3 might be a placebo effect but as of now I am going to stick to shell diesel for quite some time Yes deep bang as you said MID cannot be relied upon, once on my trip to tirupathi it showed 26.1
vipinendran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 12:35   #243
jp1
BHPian

Hi guys
Any one knows whether the new 2nd row 'yoga' seat offered on new quantos can be fixed in the existing models?
Old 29th January 2014, 16:51   #244
BHPian

I got a call from a Mahindra service center about a recall. I was asked if I can let my Quanto for a free service check (I am assuming this to be a "recall") and the person mentioned something around a suspension problem.

Anyone have any more news? They also told me about free pickup and drop, but I am just a little worried about giving my car to someone unknown pickup person.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 11:22   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I got a call from a Mahindra service center about a recall. I was asked if I can let my Quanto for a free service check (I am assuming this to be a "recall") and the person mentioned something around a suspension problem.

Anyone have any more news? They also told me about free pickup and drop, but I am just a little worried about giving my car to someone unknown pickup person.
As of now No news form chennai deepbang, could you eloborate on the recall and any idea as to which VIN nos. it applies to or whether it is for all Quantos ? Or the vehicles purchased during a specific time period ? I Shall update you immediatly if there is any news from chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Hi guys
Any one knows whether the new 2nd row 'yoga' seat offered on new quantos can be fixed in the existing models?
The Mahindra quanto official facebook page makes a mention of this : As a part of continuous development, We have introduced new yoga seats to offer better flexibility. It is technically feasible to change the seat in the existing vehicle depending the variant. In this regard ,we request you to get in touch with the dealership where you have purchased the vehicle. They would guide you as to how to take it forward along with the cost details.

Hope this helps, you could contact your dealer and find out.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st January 2014 at 13:55.
vipinendran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 07:47   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Following the lines of Maruti, after TATA, now it is for M&M to showcase the AMT in Quanto.

Quote:
Mahindra Quanto compact SUV with automated manual transmission to be showcased at the Auto Expo.
The market acceptance of the automated manual transmission will be closely watched by Mahindra, who could possibly use this feature on many more upcoming utility vehicles if the semi-automatic gearbox acquits itself well on the Quanto.

http://www.cartoq.com/cartoq-sources...ian-auto-expo/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 17:03   #247
jp1
BHPian

Quote:

The Mahindra quanto official facebook page makes a mention of this : As a part of continuous development, We have introduced new yoga seats to offer better flexibility. ...
I checked with the dealer here in blr and they are quoting Rs 30,000 for replacement. It is a rip off.
jp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 10:38   #248
BHPian

Yes jp1 that is what the dealer in chennai too says, it is very high and as a matter of fact you get the seats with a different fabric, with the result that either you change all your seats or change your seat covers. Changing all seats : and my dealer says around Rs.75,000 !
Old 20th February 2014, 06:11   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Yes jp1 that is what the dealer in chennai too says, it is very high and as a matter of fact you get the seats with a different fabric, with the result that either you change all your seats or change your seat covers. Changing all seats : and my dealer says around Rs.75,000 !
Well. Instead of changing all seats a simpler option would be to put new seat covers which hide the differences between the front seats and the middle row seats. So I would say the actual cost of the mod is around 40k. Still not worth it unless you really really need it.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:14   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

M&M Quanto AMT Launch expected by 2014 festive season ( Sep-Oct 2014).

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...ve-season.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 07:11   #251
BHPian

How to clean the Quanto's AC filter --- see the link

Pretty simple although I myself have not yet done it. I must say This is a good trend as these videos were uploaded by Mahindra themselves.
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 10:18   #252
BHPian

All quanto owners please do visit this link and get inspired, one of our members with a quanto on the Himalayaan trip, awesome photgraphs http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...n-sojourn.html Proves the ruggedness of the vehicle.
Old 26th April 2014, 15:38   #253
BHPian

Quote:
All quanto owners please do visit this link....Proves the ruggedness of the vehicle.
Well, at least to me it has been a surprise. Apart from the initial hiccup, I am overall happy with the car...but it could be that its still under a year old.
My car has crossed 40k kms now and as of now things seem to be smooth ( and I do tend to abuse my cars a lot more).

Quanto is still a young vehicle. I would wait for a couple of years before saying it's rugged enough.

That said the service centers are relatively happier with the quanto too.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 4th May 2014, 19:55   #254
BHPian

Well well; I called for a demo to see the Yoga Seats in action. To be honest I am disappointed. You can use the features of reclining only after getting the jump seats removed. So in a vehicle just out of showroom you can use the feature at all. Moreover I didn't enjoy the ride much while I made the demo guide drive the vehicle and I hoped in the middle row.
This could be more due to the reason I am spoilt by the Logan suspension setup.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 19:08   #255

Major Issue in Mahindra Quanto - Mahindra shows a "don't care" attitude.

Hi,

I recently bought (Dec 2013) a Quanto C8 at Sireesh Automobiles, Bangalore. After driving it for a couple of days I found that there is an inherent vibration issue in the vehicle at slow speeds (under 2000 rpm) while driving in 1st or 2nd gear. So this makes the vehicle highly unusable in city traffic, especially in peak traffic.

Complaining to Mahindra was of no avail. Though they are aware of the problem, they just sent me an email saying that "the vehicle is behaving as per design" and washed their hands off it. The pleasure of buying & owning a new car was completely soured by Mahindra's attitude towards my plight.

2 reasons for putting this on your forum is:
1. To forewarn buyers so that they are made aware of this issue before they invest their hard earned money on the Quanto.

2. After talking to the service advisors at Sireesh Auto, I find other Quanto owners are also facing the same problem. Couple of other Quanto's that I drove also have this issue. I want to know if Quanto users in your forum have faced this issue and if yes, I would like to know if they have taken any corrective measures to resolve it?

Regards,
Anaand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks