Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2012, 14:26   #211
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

what will be the best color which will hide scratches well ? i'm thinking Brown/Black. Would that be right ?
Old 14th December 2012, 14:36   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
what will be the best color which will hide scratches well ? i'm thinking Brown/Black. Would that be right ?
No way bro! Black and brown will show the most scratches and also swirl marks. Go for white or grey if you dont want scratches to show.

In black, even the slightest of touches will show the white undercoat. I am suffering like crazy with my black Swift. Although Honda paint quality is a million times better, black will still show the most scratches
Old 14th December 2012, 14:40   #213
BANNED

are you sure because when ever i see a lighter color car like say in white, sky blue, light green or silver i always notice black lines/marks on either side of front and back bumpers.

wouldn't those black lines merge well and not show more with with a darker color like black, brown and navy blue etc...?

edit : would like to post same question to .anushuman's post below.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 14th December 2012 at 14:44.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:41   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
White and Silver do a great job of hiding scratches and swirl marks.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:09   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are you sure because when ever i see a lighter color car like say in white, sky blue, light green or silver i always notice black lines/marks on either side of front and back bumpers.

wouldn't those black lines merge well and not show more with with a darker color like black, brown and navy blue etc...?

edit : would like to post same question to .anushuman's post below.
It is true that the bumpers show up the base black colour, when the paint coat gets removed/damaged but as far as the rest of the body goes, lighter colors hide the scratches better.
Old 4th January 2013, 00:14   #216
BHPian

Booked the Brio Auto, on 10 dec 2012, called up the dealer, Magnum Honda near Mekri circle today, asked for an update? They told me that I would not get the car before feb end as there are no vehicles...:( planning to cancel out and buy the other options that are readily available.
Old 4th January 2013, 14:11   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Booked the Brio Auto, on 10 dec 2012, called up the dealer, Magnum Honda near Mekri circle today, asked for an update? They told me that I would not get the car before feb end as there are no vehicles...:( planning to cancel out and buy the other options that are readily available.
I visited Dakshin Honda (Hosur road) this past weekend for a test drive of the Brio V AT. They said they had stock of most colors. Why don't you give it a shot at Dakshin Honda and Whitefield Honda before ruling it out completely ?
Old 4th January 2013, 15:05   #218
BANNED

As I understand it what has happened that Honda have exhausted stocks having probably underestimated the demand. Some dealers were smarter than others. Now production can only start from next week when they reopen after the Christmas break, and they will not be in a position to supply Brio AT before mid January at the earliest. Of course dealers which have been starved are likely to be at the head of the queue.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 15:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Painted to match the car colour. They wanted to paint the bumper protectors as well, but I refused that.
If the sensors are painted, does it impact the functioning or effectiveness of the sensor ?
Old 4th January 2013, 15:21   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
If the sensors are painted, does it impact the functioning or effectiveness of the sensor ?
it will not impact the effectiveness of the sensor.
Old 4th January 2013, 15:22   #221
BANNED

@smsrini; They are ultrasonic so the effect is minimal. I suggest you take a look at my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-brio-v-2.html
Old 4th January 2013, 20:24   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Olympia Honda in Chennai today told me tentative delivery in March if I book now. What is Honda doing? Making us wait 3 months when their overall sales is down is bad planning !
Old 7th January 2013, 00:19   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

I visited Dakshin Honda (Hosur road) this past weekend for a test drive of the Brio V AT. They said they had stock of most colors. Why don't you give it a shot at Dakshin Honda and Whitefield Honda before ruling it out completely ?
Thanks for the info, but I parallels tried there too, no success, they too do not have any AT Brio available. Kindly find out and tell me....
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:04   #224
BHPian

Totally a disappointment. Went to Magnum Honda dealer where i had booked my Brio AT on 16 Nov 2012 to enquire when would i get my vehicle. They replied " No idea sir" then on persisting and after talking to the manager there, he told me not before April. No choice but cancelled the booking. Now the wait for the refund of the booking amount. Rs: 5000. It would take 15 days.
Old 24th January 2013, 09:17   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Totally a disappointment. Went to Magnum Honda dealer where i had booked my Brio AT on 16 Nov 2012 to enquire when would i get my vehicle. They replied " No idea sir" then on persisting and after talking to the manager there, he told me not before April.
What are Honda up to? Trying to kill a model which was turning out to be popular!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks