Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 16:20   #241

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
Hey Honda is launching newer maintenance package for the Brio and it will be an integral part of Amaze's launch as well. But as far as the Brio is concerned, it would surely help the Brio's sales as after sales are also as integral as sale of the car. Now will you buy it?
I bought Brio VMT in Dec 2012.

Got a call last week from my dealer informing about some service package that costed around Rs 6700 and consisted of 3/4 free services, discounts on accessories etc.

But as soon as I probed her further (asking details such as what she meant by 'free' services - what all would be free etc etc). she hung up saying that she'll call back.

Its been a week almost, but they havent called back.

I wasnt super excited to hear about the package in the first place, and this service level from Prime Honda makes me believe that this package will be a non-starter.

Buckle up Honda, pls, you cant take your loyal customers for granted!
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:37   #242
BANNED

It is a con like all packages are. Add up the service charges for three services. At most Rs.3500. The consumable will have to be paid for. In any case oil + filter is at most Rs.1000, so three services are Rs.3000.
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:43   #243
BHPian

Has anybody received Brio V AT since Jan 2013. I was going to book one and the dealer (Dakshin Honda Bangalore) tells me that if I book now, delivery will be in June/July. He also mentioned that people who had booked in Nov/Dec2012 have now got their deliveries. Can anybody confirm this please ?
Old 25th March 2013, 18:15   #244
Senior - BHPian

My two cents: I had been to the H.A.S.S last week to sort out a minor niggle with Civic and met the sales guy whom I was following up with for the Brio AT. He tells me that there are unconfirmed reports that the Brio AT may not see the light of the day. Instead Honda is planning to offer the AT on the Amaze and since the pricing of the Brio AT is too close to that of the Amaze, Honda has decided not to offer the AT on the Brio. I was even told that the corporate edition of the City is also been stopped because of the imbroglio on the pricing front.

If the update on the Brio AT is true then I am quite disappointed as I was looking forward to buy one for my wife and have my share of fun driving it whenever I could so that I could spare the Civic and Esteem the trouble of navigating themselves on narrow and congested roads.

Last edited by rr_zen : 25th March 2013 at 18:17.
Old 25th March 2013, 19:25   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
Has anybody received Brio V AT since Jan 2013. ...
I had booked V AT (Ralleye Red) in 1st week of Jan. The car arrived in dealer's shed in the 2nd week of February. I did PDI and all...but, finally at the time of payment there was a last moment change in our plan and canceled the booking for AT and took V MT (Alabaster Silver) instead.

So, V AT is being manufactured (at least in Feb'13) but its numbers are much less in comparison to VMTs.

-BJ
Old 25th March 2013, 21:15   #246
Senior - BHPian

I followed up with the booking for my sister today for S(O) AT. (booking date was feb end) They are giving a tentative delivery for April. Will get confirmation for April allotment only on 5th as per them.

Allocations are decided on the 5th of every month apparently. is this true?
Old 28th March 2013, 08:58   #247
BHPian

I had booked a V-AT in December 2012 with Dakshin Honda, Bangalore. I have been told that the car is expected only by the end of May 2013. I had phone calls and official letters stating the reasons for the delay. I've also heard that Honda might revise (increase) the price by 2% in the month of April. No discounts on offer on the car either, I am actually having second thoughts on buying the Brio now.
Old 5th April 2013, 21:26   #248
Senior - BHPian

Did anybody get their cars allocated in the month of April?
Old 6th April 2013, 18:51   #249
BHPian

What is the normal FE received on Brio V-AT in normal city driving conditions? Haven't gone through the entire 17 pages so please excuse if its been mentioned already. Also what is the actual FE of the i10 AT? Two i10 AT owners I talked to claimed an average of 6 kmpl? Is this really true?

I just TD the Brio MT today even though I am planning to buy the V-AT, since they have no AT models to TD. Reading the first page i get the impression that the V-AT is more fun to drive than the MT version? Is this really true? I felt though the MT version is a bit slow on pick up compared to the Swift diesel which I am currently riding.
The New price for VAT Metalic is 6.33 ex-showroom which has now increased from the earlier 6.18

The sales guy promises delivery by May end, but that's fine for me through all this while he prods me to buy the MT version. He also says everyone is focusing on the Amaze so the Brio is left wanting. I am hoping once the Amaze launches everyone will go after the diesel Amaze and the Brio deliveries will get faster!!

I am planning to book before this Wednesday, so any help will be much appreciated. Wonder if I will get the seat height adjuster and defogger if its launched in April and i get delivery in May end?
Old 7th April 2013, 01:09   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
What is the normal FE received on Brio V-AT in normal city driving conditions? Haven't gone through the entire 17 pages so please excuse if its been mentioned already. Also what is the actual FE of the i10 AT? Two i10 AT owners I talked to claimed an average of 6 kmpl?
My i10 AT gives between 8.5 - 11 in the city depending on the outside ambient temperature while highway FE is between 13-14. 6 seems to be slightly negative hyperbole. With the Brio you will probably get 2 kpl more for a differential of a lakh or more. Translated, you need to travel 51k kms before you break even.
Old 7th April 2013, 08:44   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
What is the normal FE received on Brio V-AT in normal city driving conditions? Haven't gone through the entire 17 pages so please excuse if its been mentioned already. Also what is the actual FE of the i10 AT? Two i10 AT owners I talked to claimed an average of 6 kmpl? Is this really true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
My i10 AT gives between 8.5 - 11 in the city depending on the outside ambient temperature while highway FE is between 13-14. 6 seems to be slightly negative hyperbole. With the Brio you will probably get 2 kpl more for a differential of a lakh or more. Translated, you need to travel 51k kms before you break even.
My i10 AT returns the following numbers in mixed city/highway driving.

Winter average - around 12.5 - 13 kmpl
Summer average - around 11 - 11.5 kmpl

Once I calculated the FE exclusively on NH, and it was more than 15 kmpl.
IMO 6 is too low a figure!

Last edited by blackasta : 7th April 2013 at 08:45.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 16:29   #252

My dad's i10 AT gives a mileage of 9.5-10 kmpl . he drives it only for 10kms per day in a very congested area. Hence the low numbers. These numbers are without AC.
Old 10th April 2013, 18:58   #253
Senior - BHPian

Damn! People who booked in the month of November are getting deliveries this month. Some people who have booked brio automatic are thinking of moving to the Amaze automatic.
Old 14th April 2013, 14:41   #254
BHPian

Dropped by Whitefield Honda in Cunningham road to check out Brio Auto. They fid not have a test vechile at the time. But the SA there was mentioning that Honda is planning to introduce automatic in the lower end variant E or EX. Anyone has any idea as to how far is this true?
Old 15th April 2013, 15:45   #255
BANNED

I was very surprised to see on one of the better motoring channels that the Brio AT is now about 20% of the demand!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks