Team-BHP - Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/127657-honda-brio-automatic-official-review-22.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsratta (Post 3646979)
I will have to pay the booking amount of Rs 100000/- ( one lac), which will be non refundable, even if I cancelled my booking. Anyone else having similar experience. What to do now?

Simple Advice: Change the dealer!

1 lakh booking amount is too much and that being 'non-refundable' is even more ridiculous!

Post the details of the dealership! The Sales guy needs to be :deadhorse

PS: All booking amounts 'ARE' refundable and sometimes it is 1000 bucks or 5000 bucks or worst case 50,000 bucks. 1 lakh is indigestible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altocumulus (Post 3648348)
Not sure about if its still there. My best friend just bought a Brio Vx for his wife and when I inquired about the same with Honda for a security system and the reply was we can use Autocop however that cannot be integrated with the system. Also that it will hit warranty.

Just got off a call with Autocop in Bangalore and the engineers says an autocop system can be installed that will provide audible alarms on door open, ignition try, etc.

However, my specific need was to lock all doors and close all windows on ignition . He is not sure if it can be done. He is going to check and get back.

@Altocumulus; I find that oinda OE systems are far more reliable that the Autocops hich I used (as Hyundai Cobra) on my Hyundai cars in the past. I find the Honda OE systems more than adequate.

The dealer's name is Deep Automobiles Bathinda, Punjab, who demanded Rs 100000 non refundable booking amount. Anyway i have visited Vidhata Honda at Ludhiana, after that, and was really satisfied with their customer care. I was offered a test drive and white coloured AT is readily available with them. During the the test drive, a thing which raised my concern was that, the Brio does not have any speed sensed auto door locking mechanism, guys any solution for that. Thanks.

Purchased an AT and upgraded the Audio system to Blaupunkt San Diego 530 with reverse parking sensors and camera. Till now the system works fine. Yet to explore its full potential.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitewheel (Post 3652275)
Purchased an AT and upgraded the Audio system to Blaupunkt San Diego 530 with reverse parking sensors and camera. Till now the system works fine. Yet to explore its full potential.

Congratulations!!!
Welcome to BRiO club.

Guys, what is the FE that you get in city driving conditions ? I am looking for FE numbers for normal / non-agressive driving.

Looking for a used AT hatchback. Hence asking for info from actual users, instead of searching for ARAI / other sources :)

I am in Chennai and purchased a Brio Automatic in June 2014 and done about 4000KM. Car is very good in all aspects except the fuel efficiency. On high ways it is giving around 16KM and I am OK with this but in city it is giving only 7KM. I don't really drive in bumper bumper to traffic, I do drive in RA Puram and Mylapore area.
Pl guide me how to improve the fuel efficiency and I will be happy if i get 10-11 in city.

There is no convincing answer from Honda dealer. He said this will improve automatically after some time and there is no way he can adjust it.

Pl advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3704298)
Guys, what is the FE that you get in city driving conditions ? I am looking for FE numbers for normal / non-agressive driving.

Looking for a used AT hatchback. Hence asking for info from actual users, instead of searching for ARAI / other sources :)

Getting an FE between 9-10 in Bangalore Traffic for the Brio A/T

it is 15-16 on Highway

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMG (Post 3738132)
I am in Chennai and purchased a Brio Automatic in June 2014 and done about 4000KM. Car is very good in all aspects except the fuel efficiency. On high ways it is giving around 16KM and I am OK with this but in city it is giving only 7KM. I don't really drive in bumper bumper to traffic, I do drive in RA Puram and Mylapore area.
Pl guide me how to improve the fuel efficiency and I will be happy if i get 10-11 in city.

There is no convincing answer from Honda dealer. He said this will improve automatically after some time and there is no way he can adjust it.

Pl advise.

7 ?? Are you sure you drive sedately ? When i drive from vadapalini to t nagar, via kodambakkam, during afternoons (medium traffic) I get around 9. A couple of tips for getting higher efficiency:

1) on an open stretch rev the engine for a second or two that will make it shift to a higher gear
2) when appraoching a stop you have to let go of the accelerator way before than you would on a manual car. The AT coasts without accelerator input way longer than a MT. For example: If there is a red signal ahead and you would normally ease off the accelerator in a MT car about 400 m before the stop then in an AT you have to ease off around 700 m before. That way you can coast till you stop and save on a fuel. This increases FE over an extended period. Trust me. Not to mention decreases strain on your Brakes.
3) Keep your tyre pressure about 3 psi more than what is reccomended (32/29 instead of 29/26). It improves even your acceleration response. But the ride gets very bumpy
4) Whenever possible keep an eye on the tachometer. Make sure the RPM count is always below 2000.

Best of luck with the FE !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin489 (Post 3542149)
Finally figured out a way to make the Brio AT driveable and build up adequate acceleration.

I stick to D2 until I hit close to the redline (just before the redline@ 6000 rpm), then shift to D3 and stay there until I hit close to the three-figure mark and finally switch to D only after that. Maybe not ideal, but this is what works for me.

D2@ 60-70 kmph
D3@ 80-100 kmph
D@ 100+ kmph

Surprisingly, mileage has NOT taken a hit and has stayed consistent. I guess the transmission no longer is fiddling around trying to figure out which gear to slot.

I wish the car had paddle shifters, which would have made it just perfect!

O_O

Dude what exactly are you doing with this car ? Drag racing ? If so then ATs are a poor choice ( unless its a Dual clutch AT). Also FYI D2 locks in the 2nd gear i.e no upshifting or downshifting is allowed.

Also are you telling me moving away from standstill in D3 with heavy accelerator input isnt to your liking ? Were you expecting BMW like acceleration from a small hatchback ? Sorry but am curious about your experience and replies so far ! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 (Post 3738959)
Dude what exactly are you doing with this car? Were you expecting BMW like acceleration from a small hatchback ? Sorry but am curious about your experience and replies so far ! :)

Well, I had to buy a small reliable automatic hatchback, so I got a Brio. And, yes, I don't like the acceleration, torque and overall flimsy feeling inside the car. Definitely a poor buying decision on my part.

I don't think comparisons to BMWs are necessary; I just don't like the car. End of story.

Regarding mileage queries, things have settled down after 7000 kms. I get about 10-11 kms on an average.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin489 (Post 3739341)
Well, I had to buy a small reliable automatic hatchback, so I got a Brio. And, yes, I don't like the acceleration, torque and overall flimsy feeling inside the car. Definitely a poor buying decision on my part.

I don't think comparisons to BMWs are necessary; I just don't like the car. End of story.

Regarding mileage queries, things have settled down after 7000 kms. I get about 10-11 kms on an average.

Hi Ashwin, my sis was planning to buy this car. But could you be generous to share your experience so far with this car ?

Hi srivats!

The car has done 13k kms so far and has been problem-free; pretty much fill it-shut it-forget it. The ride can get a little stiff at times, so sticking to the recommended tyre pressure of 29 psi (front) & 26 psi (back) keeps things sorted. Every time I take a fast corner on my way home, I keep thinking how much better this car could perform with a better transmission & engine combo. The D3 mode does help to an extent to complete a sudden overtaking maneuver, but it is what it is.

Did a few long distance highway runs, nothing to write home about. It takes its own sweet time to reach its electronically-limited top speed of 145 km/hr. It is not really impossible to use this car for highway runs, but I wouldn't if had a choice. It felt reasonably stable, but I was too bored by then. The indicator shows about 10.5-11.5 kmpl, which I guess is a consolation prize. Finished the 2 free services, and due for the next one in about 3k kms.

If your sister does not drive enthusiastically and loves the Brio's looks, then nothing like it. However, if she likes her car to have some performance, then you should look at the Figo AT.

I was planning to trade in my Brio for a Polo TSi, but I just couldn't give up on the reliability. I am very excited about the Figo AT and so should you. I am gonna wait for a few months to see if something else exciting happens or settle for the Figo AT. I only wish I got my car registered at KA instead of TN, which would have made the trade-in process simpler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srivatsahg (Post 3811056)
Hi Ashwin, my sis was planning to buy this car. But could you be generous to share your experience so far with this car ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMG (Post 3738132)

Pl advise.

Specifically to Brio AT, once u reach your desired speed, ease of gently on the accelerator and the ECO mode lights up on the instrument cluster.
Try driving like this and you will get better mileage. Even i dont drive in bumper to bumper traffic but I also get only about 7 kmpl unless i keep it on ECO mode.

Very surprised to see the Brio AT give such low FE numbers. Honda City AT (Petrol) owners, generally say they get between 11 kmpl - 12.5 kmpl +-. With Brio's engine being smaller, I'd imagine it should at least give as much or slightly more FE as the bigger Honda City AT engine.