Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 10:24   #331
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

When are we getting the Biro AT with CVT. Both City & Jazz have it, and the CVT exists in the Thai version.
Old 26th September 2015, 10:47   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
When are we getting the Biro AT with CVT. Both City & Jazz have it, and the CVT exists in the Thai version.
Considering the sales of the Brio, is it really worth the effort from Honda to get a Brio CVT?

A Brio CVT would have made more sense if the Jazz had the 1.5L i-VTEC engine like the City.

Now with the 1.2L the Jazz CVT does everything better than the Brio.

The Brio AT is already over priced. The top end Brio VX(O) AT is priced exactly the same as the Ford Figo 1.5 AT.
Old 26th September 2015, 12:54   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Specifically to Brio AT, once u reach your desired speed, ease of gently on the accelerator and the ECO mode lights up on the instrument cluster.
Try driving like this and you will get better mileage. Even i dont drive in bumper to bumper traffic but I also get only about 7 kmpl unless i keep it on ECO mode.
I don't want to get 16 kmpl and don't want the stupid ECO light to glow. I want to go fast, hence my 10-11 mileage.

Edit: Sorry microaubin, didn't realize that you were replying to somebody else's post.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 26th September 2015 at 12:57.
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 15:33   #334
BHPian

Hi Brio`tes.

I am thinking to upgrade my wife Santro-AT, 9 years old and the obvious choice was Grand I10-AT. Can you guys give few reasons to buy Brio-AT instead of i10-AT. I am sure you were in same dilemma when you had bought it.
I don't want to buy Figo/Polo as my wife thinks they are big :-(
Thanks.
Old 26th September 2015, 16:36   #335
BANNED

I have a Brio AT and would have loved a CVT, more economical and lighter. The car is used for town driving and rubber-banding does not matter.
Old 26th September 2015, 16:49   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post

I am thinking to upgrade my wife Santro-AT, 9 years old and the obvious choice was Grand I10-AT. Can you guys give few reasons to buy Brio-AT instead of i10-AT. I am sure you were in same dilemma when you had bought it.
I had the same dilemma recently. My observations on why we went for the Brio are:

Brio
+ves
> Better safety features. Airbags, ABS, safety ratings, chassis architecture
> More fun to drive
> 5-speed auto gearbox

-ves
> Very common sight on roads if you are into that kind of thing
> VFM factor is lesser than the i10. The Vx variant is approximately 8 lakhs on the road.
> No rear wiper
> Older model, so it lacks common features like Bluetooth connectivity. I fixed it with a 300 bucks add-on.
> Brio upgrade supposedly expected in 2017

Last edited by anilp : 26th September 2015 at 16:59.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:50   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
If your sister does not drive enthusiastically and loves the Brio's looks, then nothing like it. However, if she likes her car to have some performance, then you should look at the Figo AT.
Thanks Ashwin, She got herself a Nissan Micra over the weekend. She used to drive SX4 Zxi previously. She said there was a certain bit of noticeable lag experienced with Brio when there were more than 3 people in the car. According to her Micra fared better and had more safety features and she went ahead to buy one.

Thanks for your inputs again.
Old 14th October 2015, 10:28   #338
VMG
BHPian

My friend is concussed between Brio AT and Jazz V CVT.
Both are same engine, same power, same width and height. What you get is more trunk space(no magic seat for CVT) and CVT, Is it worth spending 2 lake+ for Jazz.
Old 16th October 2015, 15:42   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
My friend is concussed between Brio AT and Jazz V CVT.
Both are same engine, same power, same width and height. What you get is more trunk space(no magic seat for CVT) and CVT, Is it worth spending 2 lake+ for Jazz.
What about the upcoming Baleno and the Figo DCT? Better options than the Brio by far.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:46   #340
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a used brio automatic for my wife.
Is there anything(any issues/niggles) in particular that I should be careful about before closing the deal?

How well does the Brio automatic age with time?
Old 6th June 2017, 14:15   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a used brio automatic for my wife.
Is there anything(any issues/niggles) in particular that I should be careful about before closing the deal?

Have owned an AT Brio since a year or more. Niggle wise no issues, AC is slightly underpowered in very very hot summer, it takes time to cool completely, fuel efficiency is around 10 - 12 because it is a old school AT.

Car is fun, easy and reliable, and good for town use, perfect for women, zips in and out of traffic easily.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:54   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Brio AT has been a very niggle free ownership for us. Only thing you might want to look at changing is the noisy stock MRF tyres (ours came with that). It has aged well over the years with no issues to the plastics. No rattles either so far.
Old 6th June 2017, 17:07   #343
Senior - BHPian

On long/highway drives, whats the typical range Brio AT owners get on a tankful of gas ? Our Brio typically needs a fillup within the city after ~330 KMs. I am currently evaluating using the Brio for an upcoming trip, but wary of progress being hampered by frequent fuel stops. My manual Swift easily does 600+ kms on a tankful on the highway, giving it good range.
Old 6th June 2017, 18:06   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
On long/highway drives, whats the typical range Brio AT owners get on a tankful of gas ?
On long drives, I prefer to tank up when it hits half tank. This usually means refills around the 200 km mark on long highway drives. We seemed to get around 12-14 kmpl on our last long highway trip (Mumbai - Hampi - Bangalore - Mumbai) which involved a lot of under construction stretches. The fuel consumption meter was showing 14.1 kmpl during that trip. We were mostly cruising in the lower three digit speeds.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 18:19   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
On long drives, I prefer to tank up when it hits half tank. This usually means refills around the 200 km mark on long highway drives. We seemed to get around 12-14 kmpl on our last long highway trip (Mumbai - Hampi - Bangalore - Mumbai) which involved a lot of under construction stretches. The fuel consumption meter was showing 14.1 kmpl during that trip. We were mostly cruising in the lower three digit speeds.
Thanks man. Thats not much , considering how tall the 5th gear seems to be, I will stick to the Swift as our primary highway car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks