Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2012, 10:00   #106
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
On a lighter note: List in Kanpur was 599k ex-showroom last evening is 603k now. Some inflation!!!
You bet!. For Mumbai it moved from 599k to 635k
The prices posted at the time of the launch were all ex-Delhi. They had a 'apologize for the inconvenience caused' note at the bottom. They now have the prices listed as per city. Below are the ex-showroom prices for Mumbai.

E MT : Rs. 430,152
EX MT : Rs. 452,184
S MT : Rs. 483,658
S(O) MT : Rs. 530,870
V MT : Rs. 556,574
S(O) AT : Rs. 609,556
V AT : Rs. 635,785
Old 19th October 2012, 10:27   #107
Team-BHP Support

Thanks. I checked the Hyundai website and these are the i10 AT listed price (ex showroom Mumbai).

Sportz AT GLS(Metallic): 549,456

Asta AT WS GLS(Metallic): 645,463

My question is, does anyone know how the i10 Sportz compares on feature terms with the Brio S(O) AT or the V(AT). While the Asta is clearly costlier than the Brio V variant, the Sportz is significantly cheaper. Just wondering whether it (Sportz) is completely underkitted or is it generally comparable to the Brio AT variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
You bet!. For Mumbai it moved from 599k to 635k
The prices posted at the time of the launch were all ex-Delhi. They had a 'apologize for the inconvenience caused' note at the bottom. They now have the prices listed as per city. Below are the ex-showroom prices for Mumbai.

S(O) AT : Rs. 609,556
V AT : Rs. 635,785
Old 19th October 2012, 10:34   #108
BANNED

@Axe77; As a former and current Hyundai customer the two cannot be compared. In terms of creature comforts the Hyundai is normally better. In terms of technology and maintenance costs it is nowhere near Honda. Also, expect at least 1-2kpl better on the Brio AT. The i10 AT shifter is pathetic, (I have it in my Santro for seven plus years).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 10:39   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77
Thanks. I checked the Hyundai website and these are the i10 AT listed price (ex showroom Mumbai).

Sportz AT GLS(Metallic): 549,456

Asta AT WS GLS(Metallic): 645,463

My question is, does anyone know how the i10 Sportz compares on feature terms with the Brio S(O) AT or the V(AT). While the Asta is clearly costlier than the Brio V variant, the Sportz is significantly cheaper. Just wondering whether it (Sportz) is completely underkitted or is it generally comparable to the Brio AT variants.
All the Brio automatic variants come with the safety kit. But in the i10, only the Asta variant gets itbut otherwise, the i10 sportz may have a couple of extra features over the Brio (bet they would be quite useless)
Old 19th October 2012, 12:00   #110
Senior - BHPian

Pricing: Difference of 75k for AT compared to respective variant puts 'price difference for AT variants' at par with Honda City.
Does anyone feel that this difference should have less for Brio when compared to city?
Old 19th October 2012, 14:04   #111
BANNED

@sukiwa; Maybe but then the transmission is essentially the same, except for the paddles and S mode. One may also argue that the margins in the Brio are slimmer so they are trying to get a few more bob out of it. Also, there is no competition in the real sense in this segment.
Old 19th October 2012, 18:26   #112
BHPian

Booked a Silver VAT model; Since i had a time constraint, had to go with a VAT and a Silver color.

Delivery around last week of October.

Prices have sky-rocketted especially since we have to pay OCTROI!

Here is the detailed price list:

Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review-capture.jpg

Also the RSA and 2 year Extended Warranty is 10,250 at my dealer.
Fraz33r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 08:49   #113
BANNED

Finalised pricing yesterday. VAT with Reversing Sensors, 5th Alloy, Illuminated Sills, Front & Rear Bumper corner guards, Rear Cargo Protector, side moulding, mats, cover works out the about 6.9 L OTR. I have 50% NCB and take out a 7500 exclusion. Two unknowns Road Tax may go up by 1% and boot protector (price NA, I expect under 2k). Delivery on the 28th or 29th. Add ons are under 30k.

After all with an Urban workhorse I need all the protection!
Old 20th October 2012, 09:21   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Finalised pricing yesterday. VAT with Reversing Sensors, 5th Alloy, Illuminated Sills, Front & Rear Bumper corner guards, Rear Cargo Protector, side moulding, mats, cover works out the about 6.9 L OTR...
Congrats sgiitk; I could not get anything as of now and the price is already at 7.20 OTR; will haggle a bit with dealer once i reach India on 27th.

One more question : Did you opt for the Honda Assure Insurance? Any feedback on that? Should i get something from outside that is cheaper?
Old 20th October 2012, 10:22   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Congrats sgiitk; I could not get anything as of now and the price is already at 7.20 OTR; will haggle a bit with dealer once i reach India on 27th.

One more question : Did you opt for the Honda Assure Insurance? Any feedback on that? Should i get something from outside that is cheaper?
Mumbai will be more. The 38k scheme isnot there on either AT variant.

My Civic is under Honda Assure, so am opting for the same. The insurance as per their price list is 15,900. I will be paying under 8k since I have 50% NCB (on the comprehensive part) and take a 7500 exclusion (2k off the premium). I never go for the zero depreciation option, since the premium goes up as the car ages, and is only available till 5 years. As per my calculations unless I have a 15000+ claim I should not make one. Unless you are in a major shunt 15k is a lot of damage.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finalised pricing yesterday. VAT with Reversing Sensors, 5th Alloy, Illuminated Sills, Front & Rear Bumper corner guards, Rear Cargo Protector, side moulding, mats, cover works out the about 6.9 L OTR. I have 50% NCB and take out a 7500 exclusion. Two unknowns Road Tax may go up by 1% and boot protector (price NA, I expect under 2k). Delivery on the 28th or 29th. Add ons are under 30k.

Did you opt for the mode package + pay extra for the 5th alloy?
Old 20th October 2012, 12:20   #117
BANNED

Yes, Mode minus the door handle protectors, adding 5th alloy and reversing sensors (in the additional accessories section)
Old 20th October 2012, 13:39   #118
BHPian

I'm no Hyundai/Honda fanboy (have an Accord AT and an i10 AT in my garage ) but I find these comments very sweeping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
In terms of build quality also it is ahead of the i10. i10 has more features surely but it is still behind Brio in refinement, fuel economy, quality, cabin space, comfort etc.
I have been extremely impressed with i10's build quality. The 1.2 VTVT is very, very refined as well. The cabin feels airy, it can seat 4 in relative comfort and I really can't find rough edges in quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Rear wiper is good to have but not a must have (I had it in my i10 but rarely ever used it, even here in Bangalore where it rains like forever).
On the contrary, my wife and me find this feature extremely useful in Mumbai. Different strokes for different folks.

Of course, the Brio has a superior gearbox, the mileage may be slightly better (I get 9.5-11 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic ) and I'm sure the ride quality can't be as choppy as the i10, but I would NEVER buy it since I ABHOR the rear design (my wife finds it cute!).

All I'm saying is, the i10 AT is a pretty competent car, the Brio AT might be slightly better, but I don't think it is a complete no-brainer choice over the i10 AT. There would be people who would buy the Sportz AT with current discounts for a city runabout and be quite happy with their choice.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 07:36   #119
BANNED

May main issue is with the agricultural, ancient 3+1 AT box. I have lived it in my Santro for 7+years. I was shocked to see Maruti offering not a proper 4-speed as in the AStar but another 3+1 in the Dzire eCS AT. Also the habit of Hyundai dealerships to cheat with additional charges.

I also find the rear wiper handy on my Santro. With an all glass rear hatch I can understand that it is not possible on in the Brio.
Old 21st October 2012, 07:53   #120
BHPian

I currently drive the Honda City V-AT which I bought last year Dec. After the experience with Honda, wife was so impressed that she wanted to get the Brio. But had to wait this long for the automatic.

We then paid a visit to Magnum Honda. Saw the car. Looked great with very good quality. The test drive was rather disappointing. Like someone pointed out in earlier posts, the NVH levels are really high and the pricing in Bangalore, even more ridiculous. 7.44L for the V and 7.2ish for the S-Opt. I wanted the S-AT for around 6.2.

Finally, I am planning to test drive the Manual today and decide. The V-MT is coming at a discounted price of around 6.1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks