Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 23:16   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review

Anyone booked this yet? Have booked it. Dealer says the additional 35mm in length is pending for approval at RTO.

The dealer has committed maruti make HU (Nippon) and 2 speakers (MGA) at additional discounted price. Not sure if it is worth.
Any advice?

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 30th May 2016 at 23:17.
Old 27th June 2016, 14:52   #167
BHPian

Maruti Alto 800 : Fuel lid jammed

Hi,

The fuel lid in my Alto800 is jammed and I am unable to open itself by pulling the fuel lid release button. Can anyone suggest what's the problem?
Old 28th July 2016, 17:36   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Anyone booked this yet? Have booked it. Dealer says the additional 35mm in length is pending for approval at RTO.

The dealer has committed maruti make HU (Nippon) and 2 speakers (MGA) at additional discounted price. Not sure if it is worth.
Any advice?
OEM speakers and Nippon are just sufficient. Never felt the need to upgrade
letsgo2016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 18:39   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo2016 View Post
OEM speakers and Nippon are just sufficient. Never felt the need to upgrade
I managed to get a Kenwood HU and speakers. How I got it is another story with the dealer and Maruti
Old 29th July 2016, 21:55   #170
BANNED

Re: Maruti Alto 800 : Fuel lid jammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Hi,

The fuel lid in my Alto800 is jammed and I am unable to open itself by pulling the fuel lid release button. Can anyone suggest what's the problem?
It is the latch that needs to be pulled from the driver's seat footwell, right?

Check if the cable is ok or snapped!
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:11   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculations are that Maruti Suzuki is to bring the diesel Engine to Alto 800. Launch in July 2017.

Quote:
The Alto Diesel will be powered by the same engine that is found under hood of the Celerio. This 800cc Diesel engine was earlier expected to make its debut on the Suzuki Carry LCV. However, it marked its entry with the Celerio Diesel and will now power the Alto small car. Maruti Suzuki Alto Diesel launch could happen by July next year and will have a starting price of INR 4 lakhs
http://www.carblogindia.com/maruti-a...price-mileage/

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd August 2016 at 14:13.
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:56   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculations are that Maruti Suzuki is to bring the diesel Engine to Alto 800. Launch in July 2017.
I doubt if the news is credible. As, Alto diesel would not help in boosting the already saturated epic high sales figures.

They would rather slash the prices of the overpriced celerio by a lakh, and it would slowly gather sales,at least in the commercial segment.
Old 7th August 2016, 16:40   #173

I dont think the Alto diesel news is credible. Its been in rounds since last year. I guess, MSIL would have given a thought before the launch of Celerio Diesel. Still, one would like the impossible to happen always ! Having a DDIS engine in our little alto.
Old 25th September 2016, 13:24   #174
BHPian

MS Dhoni inspired Alto unveiled at Hyderabad!

The special edition cars are part of the carmaker's association with the upcoming movie
They will be available for sale from the first week of October 2016
The special edition cars were launched in Hyderabad.

A Dhoni signed decal, seat covers with number 7 are highlights worthy to be mentioned.

Source: TOI

Request the mods to move into a new thread or merge with other appropriate thread as necessary.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 25th September 2016 at 13:26.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 23:55   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
MS Dhoni inspired Alto unveiled at Hyderabad!

The special edition cars are part of the carmaker's association with the upcoming movie
They will be available for sale from the first week of October 2016
The special edition cars were launched in Hyderabad.

A Dhoni signed decal, seat covers with number 7 are highlights worthy to be mentioned.

Source: TOI

Request the mods to move into a new thread or merge with other appropriate thread as necessary.
I booked Alto 800 LXI on 10th this month, had some IT papers pending for loan, got them last week and loan approved yesterday, paid the down payment today, will be getting vehicle delivery on friday, actually i did wait for Dhoni edition, but SA said, its a kit with additional money and not worth to wait for next month, so had to let it go.

I am not buying accessories from maruti as they are quoting high, Nippon remote with central locking is Rs. 8190, while sony bluetooth DSX-A400BT single DIN unit is Rs. 7000, while Sony normal speakers (1-pair) are Rs. 2,400 and they are giving only 10% discount on overall bill. SA is pressurizing me to buy from them and threatening me my electrical warranty will be void if i dont install from them, i spoke to autocop guys in the morning and they said they will only skin the wires and not cut them and they say even maruti will do the same, but i saw nippon system from maruti coming with some sockets to avoid cutting, i am so confused, will i void warranty if i get autocop and other accessory from outside, autocop is Rs. 3, 800 (inclusive of installation). pls advise.
johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 16:34   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
I am not buying accessories from maruti as they are quoting high, Nippon remote with central locking is Rs. 8190, ... pls advise.
Congrats on your new purchase.

Just a suggestion. Get the Nippon system from Maruti. Those are quite good. I have a Nippon Security system on my 2007 Alto and it has worked flawlessly in the near 10 years I've had the car.

As far as the Stereo goes, you might as well check outside if you can find a reputed Accessory shop who will not cut wires. They will give you a far better deal with the stereo and speakers and probably do a very good job of the installation as well.

PS: A personal opinion, I would suggest you look at some other company for the Stereo and Speakers rather than Sony (Pioneer, Kenwood for instance). I have a Sony HU in my car now, as that was the cheapest I could get from a reputed brand. It just doesn't match the sound quality of my old Pioneer which conked off a few months back.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 17:44   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Congrats on your new purchase.

Just a suggestion. Get the Nippon system from Maruti. Those are quite good. I have a Nippon Security system on my 2007 Alto and it has worked flawlessly in the near 10 years I've had the car.

As far as the Stereo goes, you might as well check outside if you can find a reputed Accessory shop who will not cut wires. They will give you a far better deal with the stereo and speakers and probably do a very good job of the installation as well.

PS: A personal opinion, I would suggest you look at some other company for the Stereo and Speakers rather than Sony (Pioneer, Kenwood for instance). I have a Sony HU in my car now, as that was the cheapest I could get from a reputed brand. It just doesn't match the sound quality of my old Pioneer which conked off a few months back.
Thanks @nmenon, was your nippon factory fitted or dealer fitted? 8k for security system dont you think its more expensive ?

Thanks for your input on ICE, i will try my luck with pioneer outside the dealership, just need some recommendation on ICE technician in bangalore who would do the job cleanly.
Old 29th September 2016, 17:50   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your input on ICE, i will try my luck with pioneer outside the dealership, just need some recommendation on ICE technician in bangalore who would do the job cleanly.
You can try JC Road on Saturday / Sunday. The typical charge for fitting a stereo system only is Rs. 350. Please do ask around and don't fall for the first shop.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 17:56   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @nmenon, was your nippon factory fitted or dealer fitted? 8k for security system dont you think its more expensive ?

The Nippon system I have was dealer fitted. It cost around 6k in 2007. Was a bit costly then but I decided to take it as the difference with outside quotes was not as much and yes I was worried about warranty.

So 8k is sort of a progression of what I paid then(by which I mean it may be a bit above what could be considered normal IMHO). I'll leave further opinions to the experts.

A suggestion, if I may, do find out what all is done in the case of both systems and what all features are offered.

The Nippon I have has shock sensor with adjustable levels, a dedicated valet mode, 20 second auto lock after turning on the Ignition as well as after unlocking if the door is not opened and works for all the doors including the hatch and bonnet. It also came with 2 remotes.

Last edited by nmenon : 29th September 2016 at 17:58. Reason: Info
Old 29th September 2016, 17:58   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
You can try JC Road on Saturday / Sunday. The typical charge for fitting a stereo system only is Rs. 350. Please do ask around and don't fall for the first shop.
Thanks @PraNeel, the issue with some shops in JC road is, auto-electrician they have sometimes doesn't do a clean job, I have seen some of their shady jobs in my friend's cars and they have created lot of damage, but not all shops are like that and finding those genuine shop is again a big task, but will definitely check out them, if you know any specific shop, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
The Nippon system I have was dealer fitted. It cost around 6k in 2007. Was a bit costly then but I decided to take it as the difference with outside quotes was not as much and yes I was worried about warranty.

So 8k is sort of a progression of what I paid then(by which I mean it may be a bit above what could be considered normal IMHO). I'll leave further opinions to the experts.

A suggestion, if I may, do find out what all is done in the case of both systems and what all features are offered.

The Nippon I have has shock sensor with adjustable levels, a dedicated valet mode, 20 second auto lock after turning on the Ignition as well as after unlocking if the door is not opened and works for all the doors including the hatch and bonnet. It also came with 2 remotes.
You may be right, i will get the Nippon from maruti and ICE from outside, actually its 8k - 10% discount, thanks for the input @nmenon.

Last edited by johnruben : 29th September 2016 at 18:06. Reason: Multi-edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks