Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:56   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
The current TDV8 Vogue with some decent options was around 1.4ish on road Mumbai. 1.7 - 1.8 ex-showroom with minimal options translates to 2.25 on road. Suddenly the heavy priced Cayenne Turbos will appear VFM.
I must add that the Range Rover will be fully loaded with the panoramic roof and high end stereo. Not sure on the dual seat arrangement.
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven

Excellent review and photographs. Although I must say that the timelessness has been diluted a little when it comes to the detailing. It's not instant love with this generation!
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

This is a milestone thread! TeamBHP officially goes international and to mark the event, we have this awesome review with mind blowing pictures!
Great job Ajit and Team BHP!
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:27   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Excellent review and photographs. Although I must say that the timelessness has been diluted a little when it comes to the detailing. It's not instant love with this generation!
Much like the new 991 generation of the 911, no?

I did not like the way it looked but it has grown on me. Like this new Rangie. Initially, I was quite skeptical about its design. It looked more estate / station-wagon-like rather than a proper SUV, especially in the spy-shots. But now, it looks positively fantastic. I do not care for those horizontal slats just below the lights, I think they look out of place. But the rest of it is bang-on!
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

One vehicle straight into my fantasy garage. And really proud to see this review.

The Range Rover on the ravine was jaw dropping. Wonderful pictures of the cut-out model. The wiring and sound deadening is mind boggling. And a saving of close to 400 KG is no joke.

Hope LR will launch some entry level variants without the amazing Terrain Control, full panoramic roof and a massive engine.

Coming back to the design, the interiors are very classy indeed. I don't like the protruding tail lights. Prefer the old treatment. And the front looks very flat. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice.

Nevertheless, an impressive vehicle and a stunning review to match.

Last edited by deetjohn : 23rd November 2012 at 09:36. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:55   #66
BHPian

1. Team-BHP going Internationally...

2. Its a very good pictorial write up, Thanks to Ajmat.

3. The Price seems to be on the higher side and my question is how many units JLR is going to sell... Need to wait and watch
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:52   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajmat, your lucky to get an opportunity to drive these beauties in the terrain they are meant for ( unfortunately, 90% use it for status symbol and in urban terrain)...Btw, fantastic review and pictures !!!

Iam an all-out sedan guy and I simply balk at anything SUV'sh and just dont like any SUV in India below a T-Fort.

But, that changed dramatically when I drove a friend's Range Rover Supersport HSE in Toronto.

Infact, I drove it all the way from Toronto-to-Niagara Falls which is some good 150kms away. Here some broad observations :

1. Had driven my friend's X5 a few hours before I drove the RR. The ride was mindblowingly awesome in comparison to the harsher ride of the X5. I practically felt RR was gliding on cotton. Totally loved it's chassis feeling.

2. Power was so immense and just a small tap was enough to make this huge SUV surge forward madly

3. Those 300kms in a RR that I spent was the most luxurious in my life. It oozes class, style, substance and has such tremendous road presence it can put all SUV's to a big shame
Attached Thumbnails
Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven-img_1936.jpg  

Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven-img_1963.jpg  

Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven-img_1967.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:05   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

It was suprising to see a detailed TD report of the new Range Rover. Later it was even more suprising to read that Team-BHP had been invited for the TD. It made me feel more proud to be part of the T-Bhp family. Hats off, Team-Bhp.

After going through the teasers/initial impressions, I was impressed(again) with my dream car(SUV) of all times. Now after reading this report in detail I would like to congratulate LR group for building a Palace on Tank wheels.

Thanks Ajit for this very detailed report with attention to the details. You are one lucky guy to have driven what we lesser mortals can only dream of. A well deserved 5-star to this thread.
Old 24th November 2012, 01:54   #69
BHPian

Too darn expensive. I mean are they in touch with th real word. At 1.2-1.3 they wold sell more than double the units.
Old 24th November 2012, 15:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

What a combination Tata and JLR; its like friggin Boman Irani gets to sleep with Anne Hathaway!!!

This beauty is priced so high since JLR never intended the 4th gen RR to compete with the likes of x5s, q7s, m class, rx, scorpios, safaris etc..etc..... The Range Rover is definitely in a league of its own. The huge price increase just shows the stellar confidence JLR has in this vehicle. I'm pretty sure by the time the new Bentley suv is revealed an even more upmarket RR will be readied by then; there are plenty of spy pics of JLR testing a stretched wheelbase model.

For those looking for a Range Rover rival to the fare dolled out by german trio wait till the all new Range Rover Sport comes out. It will be priced more competitively (cough...cough...), will be faster and have more sportier handling.
Old 24th November 2012, 20:19   #71
BHPian

Amazing review Ajmat, and damn you are lucky.

The new range rover however in my personal opinion, somehow does not tick the right boxes for me.

The range rover was always a stately vehicle. One that had pride and prestige attached to it. A sought of vehicle which maybe an elderly would own and ride down to his farm, or maybe take to the woods to go hunting with a labrador in the back. A car made for the old money.

This one however seems to have Evoque written all over it. A car made for a newer generation. Yes it can go off the road, but the people at which it is aimed wont ever take it. It seems like a bigger, better and more expensive Evoque.

Please pardon my views if it offends anyone.
Old 25th November 2012, 11:55   #72
BHPian

Great review and nice to see Team-bhp going international.
I don't think i will get this much information from any mags here..
Old 26th November 2012, 18:10   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post

The range rover was always a stately vehicle. One that had pride and prestige attached to it. A sought of vehicle which maybe an elderly would own and ride down to his farm, or maybe take to the woods to go hunting with a labrador in the back. A car made for the old money.

This one however seems to have Evoque written all over it. A car made for a newer generation. Yes it can go off the road, but the people at which it is aimed wont ever take it. It seems like a bigger, better and more expensive Evoque.

Please pardon my views if it offends anyone.
bang on... bang on... exactly my view.. .
Range Rover should be always be about 'understated looks' not the 'bling' offered by the germans. I love the engineering on this model, but would have loved the 4th gen RR even more, had it retained the 3rd gen exterior shape, with 2nd gen levels of chrome garnish. It should be like having the wildest wolf, behaving & looking like the normal dog; but when opportunity presents itself, tear down the burglar into shreds. Unlike the other 'SUV's which bark but can't bite, the RR should never bark & only bite.

But I guess the design/marketing of JLR knows better than us romantics, and all this 'bling' makes more business sense.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 17:52   #74
BHPian

ajmat thanks for the review. those fantastic pictures itself explain the capabilities of those fantastic machines.
Old 27th November 2012, 18:36   #75
BHPian

Land Rover has released the 2013 Range Rover Pricing for the UK and the USA.

USA Pricing starts at $85,000
UK Pricing starts at £70,000 ($115,000)

Since UK is RHD, the cars would probably come from the UK instead of the USA, therefore I have calculated that it should cost Rs.1.35cr - Rs.1.5cr in India.
I really hope JLR India manages to get a better price for the Range, Rs.1.75cr is too much, if they keep that price and if I had the money, I would go for the Toyota Land Cruiser V8.

Regards,
sanojrawap.

Last edited by sanojrawap : 27th November 2012 at 18:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks