Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 19:05   #136
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Excellent Review Tanveer.
Somehow the Storme do not look like a new product to me. Nice to hear that the ride quality is top class. I doubt whether this will be a game changer.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

What a review!! 5 star rated for sure.

You have covered all the aspects and there is nothing left to be asked. My desire of owing one has grown even stronger after this review. However, being an aspired Safari owned for a long time, I wished They had done some more qualitative analysis with respect to the competition and incorporated few more features.

Whatever it is, I will still want to get one soon.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review Tanveer. My experience with Storme is almost similar to your experience. My old model safari seems to be too immature in front of this new avtar.

Looks are great from some angles, looks old from side angle, but see a storme coming round the corner or speeding side by side, its pure bliss. Very elegant SUV.

Behram Dhabar sir is listening here, but is TML listening to him , if LX 4X4 is launched then it will canabalize sales of upper models for sure.

Edit: I also remember , mistakely i went over a speedbraker @ 60kmph. I literally jumped in air, but the storme landed on the ground so perfectly and the steering remained so calm and composed that the car did not sway even a bit.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 5th December 2012 at 22:19.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 23:16   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
That's a nice design for the tail lamps inder_s1. Doesn't seem to difficult to be done, tata should have made such an alteration rather than providing a dual tone tailgate IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadalam View Post
Looks impressive Inder. Hope there can be a design change to the rear of the Storme. Otherwise, the current design is rather boring in comparison to a very contemporary frontal look of the beast.

Drive Safe,
Andy
Thanks Guys.

I don't think there are any issues to get the tail lamps into the door at that location by cutting out the shape and placing the lamps there with the wiring.

Second will be to get the eyelid treatment( Like in BMW cars) to get the headlights & Grill to look straight instead of the smiley face. Ofcourse after making sure that it does not look wacky in any way.

NOTE: The pic used here and earlier post is taken from Tanveer's pic on the 1st page. Hope it is ok with Tanveer and Mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristorme04.jpg  

Last edited by inder_s1 : 5th December 2012 at 23:19.
inder_s1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 23:20   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Yet to see a Storme on the road in Delhi. Wondering if this is because of everyone being skeptical of the first batch.
Has anyone else seen a Storme anywhere except for the TD vehicles which also seem to be parked always outside the showroom.
Recently drove to Varanasi from Durgapur and back. There at Varanasi I saw at least five Stormes (they were not the same car ) on different occasions with private registration. So at least they are out on the road at Varanasi.
Old 6th December 2012, 01:22   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Adityasiera - yes, Tata Motors is reading and we are listening. I have already taken up many times for you guys. I also have a small vested interest. I want the same vehicle for myself also. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behramji,

After reading the review and the last 8 pages of comments, I was feeling a little disappointed with the new Storme and veering towards keeping my trusted 2.2 VTT for at least another year. Your comment made my eyes light up and look forward to getting a 4x4 LX Storme ASAP when launched.. do hope it becomes a reality!
Old 6th December 2012, 09:16   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
Behramji, After reading the review and the last 8 pages of comments, I was feeling a little disappointed with the new Storme and veering towards keeping my trusted 2.2 VTT for at least another year. Your comment made my eyes light up and look forward to getting a 4x4 LX Storme ASAP when launched.. do hope it becomes a reality!
Dear Anand Saraf - I hope so too and as I said, I am also waiting for one, at the end of the day I hope I can afford it! Let's see.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 13:01   #143
BHPian

Amazing review Tanveer. However, sadly the review candidate isn't as amazing.

Good to know that the mechanicals have been improved and some great ride quality. However, the Tata should have DEFINITELY worked on an all new design, at least a good looking evolution for the exterior all round. The plastic at the rear may break the bulk, but it is in no way appealing...at least not to me! And the front looks equally terrible too. Smiling facia completely takes away the aggressive prestige of the Safari and the headlamps look like a regular sized on that has pinched in the ends compromised for a garish strip of chrome; an afterthought.

The interior design is disappointing too. Looks and feels more like a 5 lac sedan than SUVish. At least, bringing in an improved Aria interior would have been better.

TML has completely lost the game here. I don't think this will be a game changer from any angle. XUV and the Duster will continue to rule the roads.

Lastly, Tata loves messing with branding. They did that with the Indica first (V2, Vista etc), then Indigo and now Safari! Safari Storme today, and maybe Safari Wind next? Why can't they maintain the Safari brand by evolving it adeptly than going for such confusing plane-jane names?

Please tell me JLR had nothing to do with this!
Kwanza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 16:42   #144
Senior - BHPian

Lovely detailed review. Could have rated it 10 stars if possible.

Immensely glad to see that T-BHP being taken very seriously by OEM's. The official Storme website has a tab titled "Experts View" and in that T-BHP is quoted !!

Felt really proud and happy. Way to go guys !

Link
http://tatasafari.com/static/test-dr...fari-india.php
Old 6th December 2012, 16:42   #145
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
if LX 4X4 is launched then it will canabalize sales of upper models for sure.
This rationale may not be true always. Speaking for myself but maybe TSK would also agree, I wouldn't buy the VX 4x4 and would either wait for alternatives/look at options/continue with existing. This would plainly result in no sales instead of cannibalization of upper models.

The only things that hold me back from booking the Storme today are below:
1) Lack of LX 4wd option
2) Waiting for initial ownership experience. More to confirm my optimism that things have improved than to find possible issues
3) Lack of 2-din (Just kidding!)

Of course, in the not-so-distant future, if there are other alternatives that appeal to the heart but don't stomp on my wallet, a long-time Safari lover will end up shifting loyalties
AVR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 17:27   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Lovely detailed review. Could have rated it 10 stars if possible.

Immensely glad to see that T-BHP being taken very seriously by OEM's. The official Storme website has a tab titled "Experts View" and in that T-BHP is quoted !!

Felt really proud and happy. Way to go guys !

Link
http://tatasafari.com/static/test-dr...fari-india.php
Feel the same here. I also see a comment posted there from MotorBeam:
"when it comes to features, the Tata Safari Storme leaves the other two (Mahindra XUV500 and Force one) far behind."

I disagree on that point, as we all know that it's the other way around ( atleast with XUV. )
Old 6th December 2012, 17:42   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
if LX 4X4 is launched then it will canabalize sales of upper models for sure.
Nope, look at the Scorpio LX 4WD as a reference point.

It continues to appeal to 4WD enthusiasts and while it sells in its own niche, the top selling models remain the SLE and the VLX in their 2WD forms.
Old 6th December 2012, 20:35   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I agree with Dev & AVR, having an LX 4x4 model will bring in more buyers rather than cannibalize. Anyone who has a budget for a VX 4x4 will most likely get the VX. Either way the profitability is generally a percentage of the production costs. Higher spec variants may have a better profitability but that doesn't mean that LX 4x4 won't make money for Tata.
Old 6th December 2012, 23:15   #149

Got a call from the Tata dealer in Thane today evening that the Storme is being launched here on the 12th December. He has been quoting various dates earlier about the launch - the most recent one was a 4th December launch; however he sounded very confident this time and said that the launch is "Pakka" on 12th. So, let' wait and see.
Old 7th December 2012, 07:56   #150
BHPian

I too am unlikely to buy the Storme now as it is beyond my budget, but would book an EX / LX 4x4 tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks