Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 08:38   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Some amazing festive offers on the Storme as per local newspapers. Benefits of Rs123000 ! At this level of offers Storme is coming at a steal ! If only Tata had launched it at the right price ( at par with Scorpio ), they could have done better. Now with these offers its probably cheaper than the Scorpio and M&M will get away with even increasing Scorpio prices after the face lift. Would now like to hear from all the Tata fanboys who vehemently felt that the Storme was priced right at launch back in Oct last year
Old 7th October 2013, 09:10   #1652

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Some amazing festive offers on the Storme as per local newspapers. Benefits of Rs123000 ! At this level of offers Storme is coming at a steal ! If only Tata had launched it at the right price ( at par with Scorpio ), they could have done better. Now with these offers its probably cheaper than the Scorpio and M&M will get away with even increasing Scorpio prices after the face lift. Would now like to hear from all the Tata fanboys who vehemently felt that the Storme was priced right at launch back in Oct last year
Hi, Thanks for the info, can you share the whatever additional details you have on this pls?
Old 7th October 2013, 09:39   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's not an upfront discount AFAIK. They are providing a 3 year insurance cover for some 40/50k and projecting that as a 1 lac discount, add to that some 15k exchange bonus and there is also some 1gm gold coin thingy.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 7th October 2013 at 09:54. Reason: typo
Old 7th October 2013, 09:58   #1654
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is just misleading ad. Because TATA does not give full details in the ad, not even in the terms and conditions. Dealers are telling a different version.
The ad says , 3 years insurance @ Rs1 + cash offer + Exchange bonus + corporate offer.

what the dealer is telling pay 20K to get 3 years insurance + 30K exchange bonus. nothing else. How this works out to be 123K only god knows.

If a customer do not want 3 years insurance offer, he gets 20 K discount.

If the customer gets 20 K as discount in lieu of 3 years insurance -- it implies the cost of 3 years insurance is only 20 K to the company.

If the customer opts for 3 Yr insurance he has to pay 20K.

So what is the offer

Why not TATA puts full details at least in their website

I fully agree with you regarding the pricing of the vehicle, which is on the higher side

http://offers.cars.tatamotors.com/

Last edited by rkg : 7th October 2013 at 10:02.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 10:51   #1655
Senior - BHPian

I got my insurance under company group cover for 27-29K from New India Assurance. The 40-45K they quote is a ripoff.
Old 7th October 2013, 10:59   #1656
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I got my insurance under company group cover for 27-29K from New India Assurance. The 40-45K they quote is a ripoff.
I got a quote of 26 K for 10.17 Lakh ex showroom price form Oriental with out any NCB discount
Old 7th October 2013, 11:33   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
This is just misleading ad. Because TATA does not give full details in the ad, not even in the terms and conditions. Dealers are telling a different version.
The ad says , 3 years insurance @ Rs1 + cash offer + Exchange bonus + corporate offer.

If the customer opts for 3 Yr insurance he has to pay 20K.

So what is the offer

Why not TATA puts full details at least in their website

I fully agree with you regarding the pricing of the vehicle, which is on the higher side

http://offers.cars.tatamotors.com/

rkg - thanks for this info

Lets break down the offer quoted in the ad

1) insurance free for 3 yrs - cost to customer - 20k. If I assume insurance would cost customer around 60k outside, savings is 40k. this is bare min because insurance for 3 yrs will surely be > 60k

2) corporate discount - typically 3-4k

3) exchange bonus - just ignore this - it means nothing

4) cash discount - dealers will happily oblige with anything between 10-15k

so the total cash discount is 55-60k

My point was, what was stopping Tata from not planning properly and launching the car at the right price and taking away sales from the Scorpio instead of aimlessly targetting the XUV !

sometimes, i feel some car makers can outsource their pricing/marketing/sales planning functions to team-bhp
Old 7th October 2013, 11:39   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Some amazing festive offers on the Storme as per local newspapers. Benefits of Rs123000 ! At this level of offers Storme is coming at a steal ! If only Tata had launched it at the right price ( at par with Scorpio ), they could have done better. Now with these offers its probably cheaper than the Scorpio and M&M will get away with even increasing Scorpio prices after the face lift.....
Had received a call from the local dealer. Following are the details of the 123K benefits on Storme that they are offering:

Cash discount - 20000 + Exchange Bonus - 10000 + 3 yrs insurance @ 23000 + Corp Discount - 8000 + Assured 1 gm gold coin worth 3050.

When I asked how does this make it Rs 123000, they said that 3 years insurance is itself valued at appx 1 lakhs.

So, all in all its just a marketing spoof with not much benefits and is just based on the insurance rip off at dealer point. So, actual benefits without this insurance offer and exchange bonus is more like Rs 35000, gold coin included.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 7th October 2013 at 11:48.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 12:09   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Cash discount - 20000 + Exchange Bonus - 10000 + 3 yrs insurance @ 23000 + Corp Discount - 8000 + Assured 1 gm gold coin worth 3050.

So, actual benefits without this insurance offer and exchange bonus is more like Rs 35000, gold coin included.
Will be more. What is the best insurance quote you got outside ? Lets say its 20k p.a., that translates to savings of 60k-23k = 37k on insurance alone. So total savings is 35k + 37k. Mind you - I have not included the exchange bonus.
Old 7th October 2013, 12:28   #1660
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunate thing in this whole episode is opaqueness from TML

TMl should cleanly mention the breakup of this so called great offer at least in website.
each dealer is quoting diiferently

I was told exchange bonus is 30K, where as WANDERER 4X4 was told it is 10K. How it can be so different between two dealers

Last edited by rkg : 7th October 2013 at 12:29.
Old 7th October 2013, 12:33   #1661
BHPian

@ Narayan - Agree with what you say. What I meant was that without the insurance thing, actual benefit is around 30 -35 K and even if you consider insurance from them, actual benefit is nowhere near 123000.

@ rkg - Yes, there seems to be lack of clarity on the offer and explanation from the dealers. May be this is designed that way as not many customers are as aware as TBHPians and would be happy that they have got a Rs 123000 benefit. And it is upto the dealers to somehow make up the total calculations to show 123000.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 7th October 2013 at 12:37.
Old 7th October 2013, 12:53   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Guys
More than the opaqueness of the offer ( which is the case with most companies - no body gives a clear break up of what the offer is - so I dont blame TML on that count ), what I am perlexed with is how a competent car is on a "discount sale " within 8-9 months of a pan country launch due to the ineptitude of TML. Compare this with all recent launches in this period and none of them are on a discount sale as much as the Storme ( and neither are the Storme's peers ).

Would be good if some of the members who are close to TML management can get some insights on whats brewing internally
Old 7th October 2013, 13:41   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
More than the opaqueness of the offer ( which is the case with most companies - no body gives a clear break up of what the offer is - so I dont blame TML on that count ), what I am perlexed with is how a competent car is on a "discount sale " within 8-9 months of a pan country launch due to the ineptitude of TML. Compare this with all recent launches in this period and none of them are on a discount sale as much as the Storme ( and neither are the Storme's peers ).

Would be good if some of the members who are close to TML management can get some insights on whats brewing internally
What I know from the National guys, who mainly cater to the Hadapsar and beyond belt, including a large rural catchment area, as well as all the local politicians etc., the politicians, businessmen, builders, rich farmers, warehouse owners, etc. all still prefer the Safari Dicor over the Storme and ask specifically for it. They do not even want to consider the Storme. Its not just the looks per them. They feel the Safari is also more spacious and comfortable than the Storme, especially over broken roads and village areas. The seats, and suspension both. The Storme is dismissed as a "sports" variant for the urban yuppies.

That said, I read somewhere that the Storme and Safari are selling less than the old Safari only figures. So I guess the auto sector slowdown also might have a lot to do with it.
Old 7th October 2013, 14:07   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
coming at a steal ! If only Tata had launched it at the right price ( at par with Scorpio ), they could have done better.
Looks like they are following the Aria model. Launch the product at an exorbitant price, then offer permanent 1 lakh plus discounts.

They should learn Mahindra. XUV was launched at a mouth watering price and they kept sneaking in price increases after the product was a roaring success.
Old 7th October 2013, 15:46   #1665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... what I am perlexed with is how a competent car is on a "discount sale " within 8-9 months of a pan country launch due to the ineptitude of TML. Compare this with all recent launches in this period and none of them are on a discount sale as much as the Storme ( and neither are the Storme's peers )....
IMO that's TATA's own doing. They have slowly come to a point where a TATA just won't sell without some or the other discount thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
.... That said, I read somewhere that the Storme and Safari are selling less than the old Safari only figures. ....
No need to go anywhere else, pull out our monthly sales threads and you shall see. Just before Storme was launched, Safari was doing close to 1500/month. After Storme's launch, some months have seen even sub 1000 numbers. Last month it was 1200 odd I guess. So yes, both of them combined are selling less than Dicor alone!

Quote:
So I guess the auto sector slowdown also might have a lot to do with it.
Look at Scorpio, Duster, even XUV numbers. More than the industry slowdown, I guess it's the growing competition that's hurting TML.

I agree, the industry is going through a tough time but if the drop in sales was *only* due to industry slowdown, everyone should have put up similar numbers. Sure there were/are blips for everyone, but it looks particularly bad for TML.

I hope they launch those new SUVs they are developing with JLR soon and don't make the same mistake of overshooting the targets/timelines as with Storme.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks