Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 14:55   #1681
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Man I got my EX for 12.5 Lacs on road as a company purchase. Which means as an individual, one could have got it then for 11.5 Lacs on road. This was in March (just the day before the new SUV tax). Surely the prices cannot have increased 3 Lacs in less than 6 months?
+1 Doc.
My cousin is buying in Hyd and he is also mentioning around 11 and 3 quarter lakhs On Road.
He was offered a discount of 1.23 Lakhs INR which includes, 3 years insurance, 1gm Gold coin and Exchange bonus.
In addion to this another 6k as a corporate discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho
I am personally very happy with the Storme, my first Tata Motors product. I am also very happy with National Autowheels, my first and only experience of a Tata delership and service center. I am a Tata boy, always will be at heart. Its in my genes. So I guess I am biased! Unabashedly so.
Vow!
The kind of wait you were doing for Strome made you to write this Doc?
Anyways, its the satisfaction on gets on the money spent at the end of the day.
Also, this shows the improvement made by National Autowheels to win a Knowledgeble Bhipian's good will.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 10th October 2013 at 15:03.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 15:29   #1682
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What is the current ex showroom price at Pune? Can you please enquire and let me know?

19.98% including surcharge and other taxes.
As per RTO website it is 17% + 10 % surcharges/cess on it. so it works out to be 18.7% or around it
Old 10th October 2013, 17:24   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What is the current ex showroom price at Pune? Can you please enquire and let me know?
LX 10.88
EX 11.40
VX 13.26

(All Ex-showroom prices, with Octroi)

The Company purchase on road price of the EX (without Octroi) is 13.64 (14.22 with Octroi).

Of course this includes Insurance of around 44K, so 13.2 without Insurance.

For the same, I paid 12.5 about 6 months ago. So prices have gone up by about 70K here.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Vow!
The kind of wait you were doing for Strome made you to write this Doc?
Anyways, its the satisfaction on gets on the money spent at the end of the day.
Also, this shows the improvement made by National Autowheels to win a Knowledgeble Bhipian's good will.
Yeah it was a long and frustrating wait man! (which makes me appreciate her even more every time I sit in her, smell her, and feel her shuddering to life)

I am pretty happy with them overall. They go out of their way to please and accomodate. I do not have to wait for long to get my truck looked at. It is always picked up and dropped from and to my office. The quality of work is good and warranty replacements quickly and painlessly done. The technical issues are usually quickly diagnosed and solved well with rarely the need for return. Parts are usually available and only a couple of times or more I have had to wait till they come. The washing and polishing is pretty ok, but considering their load, and the fact that its done gratis every time my truck goes to them, I'm not complaining.

They do take some time to return the vehicle in the evening though, and I invariably have to wait on in office for the truck to come back. A couple of times, I have also had to go back home on my own without the truck because they have not been able to complete the work and return the truck on time. Other than that, and the fact that its usualy impossible to get hold of the tech team lead and discuss what was done and feedback post the truck coming back, everything is fine and good. Some patience and tact and politeness helps. As does a good rapport with concerned Tata people. But rarely if ever have I needed to escalate or use that.

And all of the above is free. The only thing I have paid for to date has been the Dicor bonnet light which I have had fitted to my Storme, which is understandable as its not standard.

Last edited by ebonho : 10th October 2013 at 17:32.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 19:52   #1684
BHPian

This may be a silly question, nonetheless I'll go ahead and ask: In the recommended tyre pressure numbers, we've got 34 psi (laden) and 32 psi (unladen). Does laden mean passengers + luggage or does it purely have to do with the number of people seated in the truck? I've been keeping the tyres in my storme at 34 psi, although am yet to venture out on a long trip wherein I'd have to load the boot with loads of luggage.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:50   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Its actually 32 front and 32/34 (unladen/laden) rear.

But since I usually am always alone in the big truck, 32 and 32 works fine for me and is what makes the truck feel best over bumps and undulations and rough patches.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 15:18   #1686
BHPian

A small 4.5 minute review of the so called double-din system on the explorer edition. Look how the person moves his hand around the gear lever to operate few functions on the system. At times it reminds the famous 3rd gear and the hassle in using the audio system problem of the Dicor.

ambujlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 20:10   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Does the fuel indicator needle move proportionately in the Storme ? For me, it drops real quick to the 75% position - almost in about 30kms of city travel after full tank. Stays there for long and then drops rapidly to 25% mark. I have observed something similar in my Vista. Only difference is there it stays at full tank for long and then drops real fast
Old 11th October 2013, 22:28   #1688
Distinguished - BHPian

No, Narayan. It's not linear

First 100 km - to 80%
Then drops fairly quickly, the speed increasing as it reaches half-mark.
At half tank, it would have used up about 25 litres.
The gauge continues to travel a little quickly all the way upto near reserve
Then takes a long time to go empty.

I now focus only on the half way mark, & the distance I have covered at that point.

One of the misses of the Storme, I'll say. Though a small one.

Last edited by condor : 11th October 2013 at 22:30.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 23:28   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
A small 4.5 minute review of the so called double-din system on the explorer edition. Look how the person moves his hand around the gear lever to operate few functions on the system. At times it reminds the famous 3rd gear and the hassle in using the audio system problem of the Dicor.
I did check this out, the dealer here in Gurgaon was offering this for 22k, I'm sure he'd have given it for 20k but I was not too keen as I'd be losing on the usability of the cup-holders, not to mention the fact that the existing alpine would have gone useless (it does a decent job in my opinion).

I instead chose to invest in a reverse camera from crosslink wheels, it's being offered in Tata Motors dealerships as an official accessory and has got a Tata logo on it. It comes with one year warranty and I got it for 5K. In fact that's the only accessory I've got on my EX as of now.
DragonRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 09:12   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=bobgwYXar6I
I've also checked this out, and found it useful only if reversing camera is required. Apart from screen fouling with fingers while changing gears, gear lever partially blocks the visibility of screen. Forgot to check if it comes with a remote (If it doesn't, user interface with Alpine would be far better).
Old 12th October 2013, 10:16   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No, Narayan. It's not linear

First 100 km - to 80%
Then drops fairly quickly, the speed increasing as it reaches half-mark.
At half tank, it would have used up about 25 litres.
The gauge continues to travel a little quickly all the way upto near reserve
Then takes a long time to go empty.

I now focus only on the half way mark, & the distance I have covered at that point.

One of the misses of the Storme, I'll say. Though a small one.
Since I usually fill 1000 bucks at a time only (around 17 liters), the moment the amber light comes on, my needle starts from (or just ahead) of the halfway mark. From there the drop is pretty linear all the way to the start of the red segment when the light comes on (that is really sensitive - the moment the needle brushes the red start, the light activates). I know it is linear because the needle moves in equal small arcs for every day of my 19-20 km office commute (arpproximately 2 liters).
Old 12th October 2013, 12:36   #1692
BHPian

Has anyone got a gear lock installed on the Storme, I was told that there is no compatible gear lock and It'd void the warranty of the seat height adjust, as it would interfere with it.
Is it required/recommended, or are the immobilizer and central locking good enough?
Old 12th October 2013, 12:56   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
I instead chose to invest in a reverse camera from crosslink wheels.
Does it come with a separate display or is it the LCD over rear view mirror type of display? Also, does it have tramlines which approximate distance? How is the picture quality? Also, is there a system with distance sensors as well?

A lot of questions I know! But thanking you for the answers in advance!
Old 12th October 2013, 13:19   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Does it come with a separate display or is it the LCD over rear view mirror type of display? Also, does it have tramlines which approximate distance? How is the picture quality? Also, is there a system with distance sensors as well?

A lot of questions I know! But thanking you for the answers in advance!
Yes, it comes with a decent display and it does have tramlines for distance approximation. The picture quality is good in my opinion, I was thinking of installing both the camera and the sensors, but have dropped that idea now. I think it'll be too much to focus on while reversing the monster . Here is a pic of the reverse cam display, if it helps :

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-reverse-cam.jpg
DragonRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 18:11   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
Yes, it comes with a decent display and it does have tramlines for distance approximation. The picture quality is good in my opinion.Attachment 1151807
Thanks DragonRider! And then the next obvious question, can the display be used as a generic display as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks