Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 23:44   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

The bigger ones of the dicor are also press fit. They were available for about 300 for a set of 2.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 21:49   #1712
BHPian

Just a thought,
I would love if engineers at Tata could do some changes on the single din dashboard with minimum changes ,like adding a LCD touch screen infotainment system and pushing the a/c controls down and adding a button for automatic climate control , and provide it for all the future vehicles and recall the current storme and upgrade it with nominal charges.
I have attached an image edited on my Storme interiors , just to give an idea with minimal changes , Kindly ignore the colour scheme and buttons shapes.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-doubledin_infotainment.jpg  

avanishphatak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 17:10   #1713
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Good one. However, it is very risky to have double dins with Naviation too low as you will be distracted from the road when you look at the navigation. They should take the top vents up and bring the nave to where the vents are. But then again we are talking about Tata right. They took a great effort to improve the suspension and forgot to spruce up the interiors.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 17:17   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Good one. However, it is very risky to have double dins with Naviation too low as you will be distracted from the road when you look at the navigation. They should take the top vents up and bring the nave to where the vents are. But then again we are talking about Tata right. They took a great effort to improve the suspension and forgot to spruce up the interiors.
For one of the Tom Tom/Garmin type standalone units, where is the best/most visible/convenient place to mount them?
Old 18th October 2013, 20:06   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Good one. However, it is very risky to have double dins with Naviation too low as you will be distracted from the road when you look at the navigation.
Yes I agree with you on the position of the navigation, My intention was to make sure to have the changes without affecting the other areas in the dashboard, keeping the cost of modification to low and feasible, what Tatas have come up with now is totally a waste, as its not ergonomic and would make the cup holder area useless and the gear knobs also would interfere in operating the system, does not gel seamless with the dashboard visibility even poor.

when I saw the new double din images at the dealer when I booked my Storme(it was before they launched Explorer edition), instantly I knew its not good and had lot of basic flaws and I had mentioned here in the forum also! I don't understand if a person like me who has a very basic understanding can foresee it, why the engineers at Tatas are not thinking! they are thinking features only on paper and not for practicality! what is stopping the Tatas to come up with better ones than to do a patch up work its not that they are giving it for free!
Old 19th October 2013, 09:50   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
For one of the Tom Tom/Garmin type standalone units, where is the best/most visible/convenient place to mount them?
My Garmin Unit has the suction cup mount for glass, so I mount it blow the windshield just to the left of the instrument cluster. This way, I can see it and still keep my eyes on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
I don't understand if a person like me who has a very basic understanding can foresee it, why the engineers at Tatas are not thinking! they are thinking features only on paper and not for practicality! what is stopping the Tatas to come up with better ones than to do a patch up work its not that they are giving it for free!
I think the problem is that Safari has never been a priority for Tata. It sells low volumes and Tata is not really committed to the product. If you look at how many damn iterations of the Vista and Manza there are. They keep updating the Vista & Manza. They just launched the even the vista with a proper double din touch screen system. Tata engineers have obviously given very little thought to design of the Storme's center cluster. I hope the new head Mistry really shakes up these idiots.

It is a shame how they have treated their flagship product.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 22:10   #1717
Distinguished - BHPian

Just check how retarded the double touch screen system for the explorer edition is. How can a company like Tata even launch this. Do senior management get to sign off on this kind of stuff??

4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 22:26   #1718
BHPian

Folks, please recommend a good TML service center in Mumbai. (Preferably near Chembur)
Am driving down to Mumbai on 31st and would need to get it serviced as it will cross 5500 km by the time I reach Mumbai.
Things to do:
Wheel Alignment
Water droplets enter the beading from driver side door during heavy rains.
Left door rattling noise.
Compressor sound when AC is switched on (Hope this is normal)
general 2nd service.

Regards
Charles
Old 21st October 2013, 13:38   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The bigger ones of the dicor are also press fit. They were available for about 300 for a set of 2.
I was talking about these. They do not lok press fit.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7911.jpg

Will they fit the Storme? The pressed steel wheels of the Dicor and the Storme look the same, so I'm guessing the bolt spacing etc. would be the same as well.
Old 21st October 2013, 13:41   #1720
BHPian

Quote:

Will they fit the Storme? The pressed steel wheels of the Dicor and the Storme look the same, so I'm guessing the bolt spacing etc. would be the same as well.
They should fit, wheel specs are the same.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:10   #1721
BHPian

Quote:

Wonder why these are not provided as standard on the Storme, these will look better in my opinion and will be sturdier as well if the bolts are not just for show. This time, I got a replacement hub-cap (the smaller storme one) for 200 bucks at the TASS, will get all 4 replaced with the Dicor ones, if I happen to lose another hub-cap .
DragonRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:14   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
Wonder why these are not provided as standard on the Storme, these will look better in my opinion and will be sturdier as well if the bolts are not just for show. This time, I got a replacement hub-cap (the smaller storme one) for 200 bucks at the TASS, will get all 4 replaced with the Dicor ones, if I happen to lose another hub-cap .
Has anyone got wheel caps for the Storme ?
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:38   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Has anyone got wheel caps for the Storme ?
IMO wheel caps/ covers won't look good on the steel rims of Safari/ Storme. These are already a good design & look appealing (only little lesser appealing than good alloys).
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:48   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Safari Dicor owners, any downside to the Dicor protruding hub caps? Do they get damaged because they protrude so much? Do the bolts shear off or loosen? Will it affect the wheel balance or rotation in any way? I think I would probably like to go in for them as well for my Storme. I have already gotten the Dicor bonnet light retrofitted to my Storme (cost under 1000 bucks and done very neatly). Now if only I could also get a lighter power socket in the 3rd row as well .....

Last edited by ebonho : 22nd October 2013 at 12:50.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:06   #1725
Distinguished - BHPian

@ebonho, TSK's review mentioned that they are liable to fall out more easily than the ones on teh Storme

But it should fit directly. Though I prefer the OE ones on the Storme.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks