Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:10   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys - very urgent. Found a fuse with 15 marking in th driver foot well. Since then the central locking stopped working and the hazard lights are on. Pls help !
If you haven't done it already, check pages 102-106 of the owner's manual for the location of the fuse boxes and layout of various fuses. That might help you to replace that fuse at its correct place. A soft copy is available at http://customercare.tatamotors.com/m...ari-storme.pdf

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:37   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - very urgent. Found a fuse with 15 marking in th driver foot well. Since then the central locking stopped working and the hazard lights are on. Pls help !
There is a fuse box behind the dash panel in front of your right knee as you sit in the drivers seat. The panel comes off easily with a tug. It is designed to. Inside you will find the fusebox with all the fuses marked. The details of the fusebox and the fuses are also given in your owners manual. Re-fix the fuse that has fallen out. The issues mentioned should be resolved.
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:45   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Vikram, Neel
Thanks. I checked the in dash fuse panel for any missing 15 fuse but all as per diagram are in place. Also there is no fuse which seems to be named for this purpose. The problem I'm facing is failure of central locking and hazard lights are on permanently. For now I disconnected the battery and awaiting a solution. Am in a remote place in kerala and being a sunday no Tass will be open. Await your feedback guys
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:48   #1924
BHPian

My vehicle seems to be moving to the left with the steering in the neutral position. Had the same issue when I did the test drive and therefore had a full alignment done. I am happy with the alignment which I personally supervised and all values (castor/camber/toe) are well within the prescribed limits. So now I think that the issue should be with the neutral position of the steering assembly. Since other members also have had similar issues, any pointers as to how to get to the bottom of this issue? I know that someone had the assembly itself replaced, but before I push for that, any ideas if the neutral position of the mechanism can be adjusted? Thanks !

Quote:
Vikram, Neel
Thanks. I checked the in dash fuse panel for any missing 15 fuse but all as per diagram are in place. Also there is no fuse which seems to be named for this purpose. The problem I'm facing is failure of central locking and hazard lights are on permanently. For now I disconnected the battery and awaiting a solution. Am in a remote place in kerala and being a sunday no Tass will be open. Await your feedback guys
The indications seem to be of the Inertia Switch malfunctioning. In that case though, the roof lamps should also be on. Check for the same. To reset the switch, check P No. 98 of the Owners Manual.

Also, are you sure that there is no fuse missing in the box. Please be doubly sure.

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd December 2013 at 09:10. Reason: Back to Back Posts. Please refrain or next time infraction
neel385 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 15:29   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
The indications seem to be of the Inertia Switch malfunctioning. In that case though, the roof lamps should also be on. Check for the same. To reset the switch, check P No. 98 of the Owners Manual.

Also, are you sure that there is no fuse missing in the box. Please be doubly sure.
Neel ur right- roof lamps are also on. Will refer the manual and update you. Thanks

Edit : problem solved. It was indeed the inertia switch but no idea why it was triggered. And the fallen spare fuse was the perfect diversion ! Thanks Neel for the trouble shooting

Last edited by narayan : 22nd December 2013 at 15:53.
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:50   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Two fantastic examples of how Team BHP is a forum with a difference with the quality of experience and expertise and intellect of the members. Proud to be a member of such an elite forum!

1) On Sunday I called the accessories guy to check if somehow he had messed up on the wiring of the after market speakers, amp, screens, etc. and that was what was causing my Bluetooth mobile phone issues.

The solution - the pin of the overhead mike was almost out and he refitte it back properly and now the Bluetooth is working fine (at least on 6-7 calls I have made and received since then, after returning home from an amazing Sunday trek).

I recall Devdath as well as other members having pointe the same out as a likely culprit - and therefore something I has asked the TASS guys to lok into.

Now my concern and irritation:

Concern - How can the pin have dislodged on its own? Road bumps and truck vibrations? Could the pin be faulty and should be replaced in warranty?

Irritation - My truck was reently with the TASS people three times - twice for a day each, and once for two days with a Sunday in between. This issue has been a recurrent complaint every time, and every time (definitely the last 2 times) I have asked them to check the mike or any loose connection.

Every time they have told me everything has been thoroughly checked and there is no issue/nothing abnormal seen. How is it that the accessories guy found this and they did not? I plan to bring this to the notice of the TATA RSM and give a suitable feedback rating in the colorful circles form this time!

2) Narayan's problem in a remote isolated corner of the country without access to TASS etc. being solved so accurately by Neel. Great stuff man!
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:22   #1927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The rubber grommets issue was also tackled with information straight from the factory.

@Behram, would appreciate if you can corroborate this please. The 4 side doors each have 2 grommets for 2 of the 3 slots, while the slot directly below the speakers remaining open. The tailgate, all 4 slots are open without grommets (makes sense since the glass there is not sliding so there is no way water can get inside).

The nipple part of the grommet goes inside the door, and all you can see outside is a rectangular rubber rim which slots around the periphery of each slot. It has a channel which fits on the metallic edge, with rubber overlapping outside and inside.
Photographs -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3326453

NOTE: As can be clearly seen from the photographs (which were shared with me only today and hence the confusion/wrong info in my earlier post which I have quoted here), the nipple part of the grommet is actually OUTSIDE the door, the slit at its end pointing downwards towards the ground.

This is how the water inside the door would flow into the grommet like a funnel, and then drain out through the slits (which would act as one-way valves).

Last edited by ebonho : 23rd December 2013 at 16:39.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:06   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) Narayan's problem in a remote isolated corner of the country without access to TASS etc. being solved so accurately by Neel. Great stuff man!
Very well put sir. I would have had a really irritating drive back if the indicators had been blinking with the tick tock sound as I did for about 50kms. Also I just couldn't use the indicators to signal in the highways and that was proving risky too.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:38   #1929
BANNED

Quote:
Concern - How can the pin have dislodged on its own? Road bumps and truck vibrations? Could the pin be faulty and should be replaced in warranty?
You are welcome.
Connectors and pins can simply be pressed into place using a pair of nose pliers IF the connection is loose. There is no point in following up for a replacement. If you could post photos of the pin I can take a look and suggest other options as well.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 10:43   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There is no point in following up for a replacement.
Not planning to. Happy that Bluetooth is working, and so is the remote now (batteries changed for the second time - hardly ever use the remote, so wondering how the batteries are just dying?).

If the Bluetooth issue recurs, at least I know where to look now. And if the pin has again been dislodged, then no nose pliers for me. Will simply insist they replace the mike and wire with connector.
Old 24th December 2013, 10:51   #1931
BANNED

Quote:
And if the pin has again been dislodged, then no nose pliers for me. Will simply insist they replace the mike and wire with connector.
What if the connectors/pins have a manufacturing defect and/or are of a low quality prone to coming off?

I'd rather fix it using whatever it takes than insisting on them being replaced IF there is a design flaw.

But yes, to each, his own.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:33   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What if the connectors/pins have a manufacturing defect and/or are of a low quality prone to coming off?

I'd rather fix it using whatever it takes than insisting on them being replaced IF there is a design flaw.

But yes, to each, his own.
If it was a design flaw, there would have been more complaints about this. And a company instruction for check and replacement. Like with the shockers, door hinges, etc. Have not seen any such yet, and the few people (like Stormerider - whose truck and mine probably gestated together in the same womb from the look of mirror issues) who do have the same issue could probably be due to poor QC of vendor parts, and defective one-offs.
Old 24th December 2013, 12:36   #1933
Distinguished - BHPian

Doc, how many times has this happened ?
Once - most likely somebody's mistake.
Twice - stupidity etc etc
Thrice - problem with pin / socket

let's not jump to conclusions yet - especially since this is the first instance we know of in all the Storme between us. If it happens again, have the pin & HU taken out you check for yourself if there is a problem in the hardware. May be ask for the mike (hence the connector) to be replaced.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 14:00   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Doc, how many times has this happened ?
Once - most likely somebody's mistake.
Twice - stupidity etc etc
Thrice - problem with pin / socket

let's not jump to conclusions yet - especially since this is the first instance we know of in all the Storme between us. If it happens again, have the pin & HU taken out you check for yourself if there is a problem in the hardware. May be ask for the mike (hence the connector) to be replaced.
Correct. This is exactly what I plan to do. Wait and watch and then decide.

This problem has started after the accessory guys changed the speakers and amp and video screens and all the wiring etc. they did. Could very well have been one of them. So I'm in no hurry to blame TATA yet on this one.
Old 24th December 2013, 17:21   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Guys, when the Storme hits the begining of the red zone on the fuel gauge, how many (usable) liters of diesel are still remaining in the fuel tank, say before the needle moves through the entire red zone and hits the end stop (EMPTY)???????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks