Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 07:59   #196
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
I have booked a 4x4 in mysore and waiting for it
What are the delivery timelines promised to you? Which dealer? Can you share the price breakup pl?
Old 18th December 2012, 08:11   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What are the delivery timelines promised to you? Which dealer? Can you share the price breakup pl?
Hi Devdath,

The dealer is Urs car . The launch is around 15th Jan 2013 as per the dealer , i should get the vehicle within a week as per them in the first lot.

will update as the dates get closer. I have just paid a booking amount of 50K thats it for now . I have opted for VX 4x4 black color.
Fortuner71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 08:37   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
I have just paid a booking amount of 50K thats it for now . I have opted for VX 4x4 black color.
Fortuner71, Hopefully you will be the first TBHPian to own a Storme.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:26   #199
BHPian

I saw the Storme vx 4x4 yesterday at the dealer in brown color. Looks brilliant from outside. The interiors were not that bad either. Although I have huge doubts about the quality of plastics used in storme. I thanked the SE and came out dissapointed, For the money one has to spend to get a 4x4 top model i think tata could have done much much better. I found TATA Aria pure 4x2 so much well put together than storme.
Old 18th December 2012, 19:41   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thats sad to note. Going by the market response for the Storme, there will definetly be some good discounts in 3-4 months after the pan country roll out. Quite sure TML factored this as well when they priced the STORME LX at 9.95L leaving enough room for a 50-60K cash/exchange discount
Suprisingly, I am seeing brand new Safari Stormes plying on the road almost on a daily basis, in and around the Chandigarh region (and no, not spotting the same vehicle multiple times )

Although it could have something to do with the fact that a newly launched vehicle grabs your attention more, so you kind of get deceived. But I was seriously expecting the storme numbers to throw a surprise once GTO's report for December sales arrives. Lets wait and watch.
Old 19th December 2012, 00:05   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The Tata Safari Storme has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 9.95 - 13.66 lakhs (ex-Delhi).
Hi TSK, thanks for that fantastic review once again. Do you have any opinion of the Storme vis-a-vis XUV 500? Appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2012, 11:19   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Suprisingly, I am seeing brand new Safari Stormes plying on the road almost on a daily basis, in and around the Chandigarh region (and no, not spotting the same vehicle multiple times )

Although it could have something to do with the fact that a newly launched vehicle grabs your attention more, so you kind of get deceived. But I was seriously expecting the storme numbers to throw a surprise once GTO's report for December sales arrives. Lets wait and watch.
Thats good to know. But the point of concern is the issues reported within a month of ownership. Also as for sales, the vehicles you have spotted in Chandigarh should already have been in the charts of Sep/Oct/Nov given that the Storme was launched in Chandigarh in the first phase in mid Oct and dealer dispatched would have already happened
Old 19th December 2012, 11:40   #203
BHPian

Quote:
But the point of concern is the issues reported within a month of ownership.
Can you list down the "issues" reported so far please ? I am not defending blind-folded, but, lets be logical while making such generic statements.

The only comment from "Ajitsingh208" on door rattling doesnt hold any water to me since its very vague and mis-representation by the user.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 11:50   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Hi TSK, thanks for that fantastic review once again. Do you have any opinion of the Storme vis-a-vis XUV 500? Appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks.
The XUV 500 handles better, and is better loaded(features etc.,). However, the storme ride quality is better. Overall, the XUV 500 is a lighter vehicle, and less of a handful. But then its a new design, so its expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Can you list down the "issues" reported so far please ? I am not defending blind-folded, but, lets be logical while making such generic statements.

The only comment from "Ajitsingh208" on door rattling doesnt hold any water to me since its very vague and mis-representation by the user.

Prem.
Why?
Why is door rattling not an issue. If you read this review again, 5000kms done car had drivers seat squeaking, rear seat falling on hard braking, and plastic cosmetic bits falling off the seats and in the glove box. I think the said user must be facing such similar "niggling" issues.
In a 5L car you can probably ignore them, but not in a 15L premium vehicle.
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 12:17   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

Prem.
Please clarify whats illogical/vague about the issue reported ? While I understand your passion for the brand as an owner, lets also not stretch the envelope too much.

You may also want to refer more posts about people reporting falling parts including TSK's review itself.

But if you want hard data, we will need to wait for more owners to post their experiences and THAT UNFORTUNATELY doesnt seem to be happening in a great hurry since not many are actually buying the vehicle.
Old 19th December 2012, 12:36   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Please clarify whats illogical/vague about the issue reported ? While I understand your passion for the brand as an owner, lets also not stretch the envelope too much.

You may also want to refer more posts about people reporting falling parts including TSK's review itself.

But if you want hard data, we will need to wait for more owners to post their experiences and THAT UNFORTUNATELY doesnt seem to be happening in a great hurry since not many are actually buying the vehicle.
Narayan, Too fast to conclude about others - I am not for a 1-1 here and many others know how I voice Safari's gaps & issues, I am a brand ambassador neither. So, let me stop here.

I very much like your last statement about waiting for more owners to post their experience, ownership threads, etc ... and thats exactly what I meant in my above comment too.

I am not ignoring Tanveer's comment too, but, thats not a ownership review and neither a brand new vehicle. I am assuming, its driven by at least a few dozens of people before Tanveer got his hands to it.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 15:39   #207
Senior - BHPian

Autocar has done a Storme Vs Scorpio test drive. According to them,

Quote:
With the Safari Storme, Tata has addressed a lot of the previous car’s weaknesses and that’s what’s really tilted the balance. The Storme is much nicer to drive now and comes with a certain feel-good factor, especially on the insides – all of which allows it to eclipse the Scorpio.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Feature/...scorpio.aspx/0
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 22:32   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I am wondering if someone on T-BHP has actually booked the new Storme ?
Booked a Storme 4*2 at Concorde Motors ,though the launch is not finalized in Kerala .I got a call today confirming colour(pearl white) and variant which tells me launch should be imminent..

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th December 2012 at 10:33. Reason: Please do not put an entire post in bold.
sabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 10:06   #209
BHPian

Hi ,

Just got the news that Tata is developing new dash for Tata Safari storme. if the news is true, its a good move. The source is IndianAutosBlog.com

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/t...n-system-57771
g_prajeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 11:16   #210
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

Once again, thanks a lot for the great review. Can I request you to also post your comments on the percieved, felt and actual safety capability of the Storme vis-a-vis its competition (Duster, XUV, Yeti, Rexton)

Was this some thing you were able to asses during your review? Any details shared by Tata for the same.

Despite all niggles reported, one of the main reasons I think the XUV is very impressive is because of its safety features. It scored a 4 star in ANCAP and that says Mahindra is serious about this aspect as well. Wonder what folks in Tata motors think about this aspect?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks