Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 20:36   #2191
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think Aria uses 17" wheels. Storme runs on 16".
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Only ARIA pride comes with 17". Pure is 16" only
I have inquired at COncorde, Mathura Road and have them verified. The Storme VX comes with alloys, the EX and LX come with the same steel wheels as the Pure. 100% interchangeable. Yes, only the Pride & Prestige ride 17" alloys.

That's why I'm looking for Storme alloys. Although Safari ones will also do. They all have 5 bolts, same size rims and same tyres, similar load and speed ratings too.
Old 28th January 2014, 21:45   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I have inquired at COncorde, Mathura Road and have them verified. The Storme VX comes with alloys, the EX and LX come with the same steel wheels as the Pure. 100% interchangeable. Yes, only the Pride & Prestige ride 17" alloys.

That's why I'm looking for Storme alloys. Although Safari ones will also do. They all have 5 bolts, same size rims and same tyres, similar load and speed ratings too.
Most of us thought Storme would come with 17inch as we saw during its spy runs etc. Looked good too. Guess they launched it in 16 for some reason ( or do they sell it with 17 abroad?)
Old 29th January 2014, 10:10   #2193
BHPian

I personally think that for same outer wheel dia, smaller rim size with larger profile tyres suit SUVs better than bigger rim + low profile tyres. It does compromise on handling front to some extent, but increases ride quality on bad roads.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:49   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from a test drive of the storme. Was pretty good. What surprised me is the after market push button start stop installed. The only difference compared to my i20, in i20 you need to press the clutch and in this the Brake. The dealer said the setup costs 45k with a few other things which are a part of their add on accessory package.

The setup was very neat and could easily fool someone for it being factory fitted.

Unable to upload the pic from the app. Will upload it later.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 30th January 2014 at 17:54.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 11:07   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
The truck is running fine except for the following abnormal observations:
1) Power window lock button LED glows all the time as well as rear windows remain operable from rear seat (whether the button is pressed or normal).
2) Outside temperature indicator shows "0C".
Can it be due to some incorrect setting on my part?
Garg saab, I had mentioned this anomaly in an earlier post. The power window lock in 'on' position (LED on) unlocks the windows and in 'off' position (LED off) locks them. In my case, rear windows lock and unlock, but the front ones are unlocked all the time. Seems like a reverse case from yours. Regarding the outside temp indicator showing '0', its the same here. And I have tried in vain to get it right.

My truck has crossed 2600km as of yesterday. I think those who bought the LX version would have been spared the rattles from the roof mounted ac unit.

Last edited by sasi405 : 1st February 2014 at 11:10.
Old 1st February 2014, 11:32   #2196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Personally would prefer to move from 16" to 17", if I had the Aria.
Dear Parwath - wheel rim offset is different for 16" and 17" wheels although pcd is same, be careful.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 11:35   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Garg saab, I had mentioned this anomaly in an earlier post. The power window lock in 'on' position (LED on) unlocks the windows and in 'off' position (LED off) locks them. In my case, rear windows lock and unlock, but the front ones are unlocked all the time. Seems like a reverse case from yours. Regarding the outside temp indicator showing '0', its the same here. And I have tried in vain to get it right.

My truck has crossed 2600km as of yesterday. I think those who bought the LX version would have been spared the rattles from the roof mounted ac unit.
Regarding outside temperature showing 0C, I request senior Stormers to throw some light to enlighten us.
Your window lock switch is working perfectly, as per manual this is only for activating / deactivating the power window switches at rear doors. My case is that the lock switch LED remains glowing all the time, and rear switches of power windows also remain functional (In "switch pressed" as well as "released" position).
BTW, have you fitted reversing camera / sensors as your runs are in busy NCR streets?
Old 1st February 2014, 17:51   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
BTW, have you fitted reversing camera / sensors as your runs are in busy NCR streets?
No reversing camera; only a showroom fitted AutoCop sensor. However, I have sort of got the hang of using the RVMs to get the truck into parking slots without a problem. I want to see if I can get a mirror (mounted on the rear door) to see the area immediately behind the rear bumper. BTW, sensor wires were chewed up by rats; got it fixed during first service but not happy with the results and the service provided by Concorde Motors Mohan Estate.
Old 1st February 2014, 19:57   #2199
BHPian

Try switching off the compressor & run all blower fan/s at high speed about 2 minutes before you are to finish your journey. When the compressor sits off, condensate is blown through the vents. If this is not done, moisture stagnates in the blower bottom, and gives rise to bacteria, which is the reason for the foul smell……It is also a good idea, every once in a while, to put on the heaters at their highest temperature setting and drive the car with all windows open.
Note: THIS APPLIES TO ALL CARS, NOT JUST THE SAFARI !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Hi Thanks everyone, so it is confirmed that rear roof ac blower does not work independently. Yes the floor rear blower works with front ac unit. But don't you feel it is strange that roof ac blower does not work indpendently? can anyone (with technical expertise) can confirm if we can make the roof ac blower work...as I know (pardon my ignorance if i m wrong) all ACs have functionality to operate fan/blower.

Other two irritants which i am facing is:-

1) foul smell even when internal air circulation is on, when complained they could not rectify it and usual answer was it is like this in storme. Can anyone suggest what should I tell them to look into which can correct this issue.

2) back door rattling - still have this irritating sound, however have read somewhere desi jugad of taping the clamp where door is locked...will try that and report. However, its sad that tata is not able to rectify these minor niggles.
shramik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 21:00   #2200
BHPian

Dropped my Storme at Concorde Motors, Mathura Road to fix the door rattle issue today. After the third free service, I almost thought that the rattle was gone. But, it came back at me, with a vengeance like never before, on all 3 rear doors and squeaks got so loud it felt as if the doors will fall apart. These rattles spoil the overall experience of driving an otherwise impressive SUV.
Old 2nd February 2014, 02:02   #2201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sunit5 : 1) foul smell even when internal air circulation is on, when complained they could not rectify it and usual answer was it is like this in storme. Can anyone suggest what should I tell them to look into which can correct this issue.
shramik : Try switching off the compressor & run all blower fan/s at high speed about 2 minutes before you are to finish your journey. When the compressor sits off, condensate is blown through the vents.
Foul smell happens more often in cars where the a/c is run at / near full cooling. Becuase that's when the condensation is more.

Shramik, good point there. Thanks !
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:33   #2202
BHPian

Finally got past the first milestone yesterday.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-photo1.jpg

The beast is running fine, will complete an year on 23 Feb. An year of bliss, love and some times abusing Tata for some very small problems. All in all good 25k kms. Guess its time to compile the ownership report, as I would be in a better position to comment on the quality and behaviour of the UFO.
stormerider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:35   #2203
BHPian

Do your trucks still have parts that are labelled MERLIN, such as this one? I thought the Merlin name got over as soon as the Storme was launched?
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2014, 11:15   #2204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Attachment 1200130

The beast is running fine, will complete an year on 23 Feb.
Silver ! Congrats, Stormerider ! Your id is so apt ! And wishing you many many more such milestones !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Do your trucks still have parts that are labelled MERLIN, such as this one?
Yes, there are. My replacement Shock-absorbers also have the Merlin name.
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:49   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Attachment 1200130

The beast is running fine, will complete an year on 23 Feb. An year of bliss, love and some times abusing Tata for some very small problems. All in all good 25k kms. Guess its time to compile the ownership report, as I would be in a better position to comment on the quality and behaviour of the UFO.
I can see that your average daily run works out to about 72km/day, which is kind of close to mine (I average about 70km/day as of now, which is actually about 110km/day when I calculate 5 days a week). Is this run on a daily basis or has it been accrued over long distance drives as well? The reason for asking is, if in case it is on a daily run, I would like to know the kind of roads you drive on and if there have been any typical observations that you may have made such continuous daily runs; stuff related to suspension, alignment, steering, gearbox, engine etc.
I want to know from people who regularly use their trucks over long distances whether there are things that one has to look out for. A lot of people use their vehicles sparingly or in bits and spurts, which may not give them the same feedback as would a regular high km user. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks