Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 16:43   #2206
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Silver ! Congrats, Stormerider ! Your id is so apt ! And wishing you many many more such milestones !
Thanks Condor, the plan is to keep it atleast for 100k/4yrs and hence had taken AMC for that duration for peace of mind. But if these kms remain troublefree and reliable, would love to keep it for long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I can see that your average daily run works out to about 72km/day, which is kind of close to mine (I average about 70km/day as of now, which is actually about 110km/day when I calculate 5 days a week). Is this run on a daily basis or has it been accrued over long distance drives as well? The reason for asking is, if in case it is on a daily run, I would like to know the kind of roads you drive on and if there have been any typical observations that you may have made such continuous daily runs; stuff related to suspension, alignment, steering, gearbox, engine etc.
I want to know from people who regularly use their trucks over long distances whether there are things that one has to look out for. A lot of people use their vehicles sparingly or in bits and spurts, which may not give them the same feedback as would a regular high km user. Thanks!
Sasi, majority of that happens to be my daily run to office and sites as I am an architect. Occasional site visits/ trips outside Jaipur (1-2 per month), and a monthly visit to Ranthambore temple make my run. The farthest distance I took the truck in last 11 months is to Bikaner(350kms), thanks to my daughter who is now 6 months old. As for kind of roads, its a mix bag, tarred city and highway, broken stretches to sites, and sometimes no roads between farms looking for new sites for development.
All I will say here is that the truck is awesome in 99% things, rest 1% are squeks and silly things that Tata left. Other observations I am reserving for the ownership review .
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:44   #2207
BHPian

Storme Owners - i have a question on the digital temperature indicator. Being in Bangalore the temp indicator starts at 8 - 9 degrees at the beginning of the day from cold. It grows to about 24 - 25 and stabilizes there during the day time.
However, this time around as i was driving back from Chennai to Bangalore (started at 1pm) the indicator was at 28 degrees. By the time i reached krishnagiri it moved to 41 degrees and then at Electronic city it hit 60 degrees
Today morning in Bangalore, it started off at 31 degrees

My question is why does it show such high temp even though the outside temp is lesser. Is it a faulty meter ? Or is the temp related to airflow within the engine ?
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:29   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Storme Owners - i have a question on the digital temperature indicator. Being in Bangalore the temp indicator starts at 8 - 9 degrees at the beginning of the day from cold. It grows to about 24 - 25 and stabilizes there during the day time.
However, this time around as i was driving back from Chennai to Bangalore (started at 1pm) the indicator was at 28 degrees. By the time i reached krishnagiri it moved to 41 degrees and then at Electronic city it hit 60 degrees
Today morning in Bangalore, it started off at 31 degrees

My question is why does it show such high temp even though the outside temp is lesser. Is it a faulty meter ? Or is the temp related to airflow within the engine ?

Definetly looks like a faulty meter. 60 Deg is too hot !
Old 4th February 2014, 22:23   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Thanks Subraiyr for possibly clarifying a point that I had. I am going to drive tomorrow with the temp indicator mode on and see if it reads the outside temperature after some km of driving.

My truck has completed exactly one month as of today morning. Total km covered is 2581km. No niggles as such so far except some rattling in the roof mounted AC unit and very slight screeching from the front brakes (at very low speeds only). Average is hovering around 13.5kmpl. The other problem (if I can call it that) that I am facing is that my average speed has increased quite a bit since my Aveo days. Where I used to drive at 80kmph, I am now regularly crossing 100kmph. Don't know whether its a good thing or not.

As they say, the Scorpios are the bulls, the XUVs are the cheetahs and the Stormes are the ELEPHANTS. Nothing dare come close to the elephants.
Old 5th February 2014, 11:53   #2210
Senior - BHPian

*** .... Tata Safari Storme Ladakh Edition (courtesy Motorbeam):

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-1024x682xtatasafaristormeladakh.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ji6lzpp_5r.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-1024x682xtatasafaristormeladakhedition.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ancvyzs0jf.jpg

Overdone IMO... should also be a part of Weird & Wacky Mods thread .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:00   #2211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

I liked it (is it by TATA or DC?). But I doubt if they will put it in production. Even if they do, it will be expenssive.
Old 5th February 2014, 12:31   #2212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't think it looks hideous or anything. Infact I really liked it. I am happy that Tata are putting in efforts to revamp their position. Ofcourse they have a long way to go, but they are on their way for sure.
Old 5th February 2014, 12:44   #2213
BHPian

Quote:

I like it too... It has the scope for being an interesting option. Only the wheels are too big with no clearance in the wheel arch. This will not work off road.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:26   #2214
Team-BHP Support

My! What big eyebrows she has!

Nice tyres/alloys combo.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:31   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks REALLY good. Not sure why it should be the W&W thread ??

Is that a small camera on the hood ? whats that for !

Last edited by narayan : 5th February 2014 at 13:35.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:31   #2216
BHPian

The Ladakh edition looks mean and aggressive. Will definitely give the competition a run for their money if it is launched.
Old 5th February 2014, 13:47   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Looks WILD but in a good way They should launch this. In Black. It'll surely be an eye-catcher on the road!

Last edited by safari_lover : 5th February 2014 at 13:49.
Old 5th February 2014, 14:45   #2218
BHPian

Wait till you see the rear, a tavera with a lot more plastic. By the time it comes back from Ladakh all the plastic and fibre bits will be sitting in the boot. And how on earth would anyone fit those oversized wheels in the spare wheel location or do you have to just run with 4 wheels and a lot of prayers.

Its overdone with minimal functionality and more of bling. The one they had last time with the red and white theme was much better.

But individual tastes are different so I'll not be surprised if people are willing to spend even 3+ for this package.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:02   #2219
BHPian

Any information on 2014 Storme on display at the expo?? I have been postponing my decision to buy the Beast for the last 1 month waiting for any new changes that TATA may introduce in this Expo.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:55   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
*** .... Tata Safari Storme Ladakh Edition (courtesy Motorbeam):...

Abit, but IMO it's the 'Itna toh banta hain' kindof overdone, not the "Hideous & Extremely Overdone" kindof overdone.

Looks good. Glad they're not limiting themselves to just the explorer edition. Also Shows that the Storme's design can adapt to changes.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th February 2014 at 16:00.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed