Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 16:51   #2221
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

This is actually an insult to the people of Ladakh !!

Even DC would squirm at this !!
Old 5th February 2014, 19:46   #2222

Ladakh Design is not appealing. The unique character of safari is slowly fading out with the last few versions.
Old 7th February 2014, 08:33   #2223
BHPian

The ladakh edition looks good & shows the mod potential for Storme. Feels good to know that TATA are not lying dormant about their vehicles like they usually do.
Old 8th February 2014, 15:08   #2224
BHPian

2 new problems have cropped up:

1. There is a squeaking sound of the belts when the car is idling. This however disappears on pressing the clutch
2. The clutch is making a very loud noise every time it is pressed. This is not the tic tic sound internally but something which comes from the engine area. It's like something is rusted big time.

I call up the workshop and they told me not to worry as they will check it in the service. Any pointers?
Old 8th February 2014, 16:30   #2225
BHPian

Overall I think the Ladakh mod on the Storme will evoke strong feelings as is already evident. As for me I love it. Are those alloys actually available any place?
Old 8th February 2014, 16:39   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Overall I think the Ladakh mod on the Storme will evoke strong feelings as is already evident. As for me I love it. Are those alloys actually available any place?
I too like the alloys, and the snorkel. What is the deflector on the roof up front? SUVs in the US have similar ones on the front of the bonnet. Been looking for one for my Storme. Not a fan of the ugly treatment to the tailgate though. The original one of the Storme is much better.
Old 9th February 2014, 09:56   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post

1. There is a squeaking sound of the belts when the car is idling. This however disappears on pressing the clutch
2. The clutch is making a very loud noise every time it is pressed. This is not the tic tic sound internally but something which comes from the engine area. It's like something is rusted big time.

I call up the workshop and they told me not to worry as they will check it in the service. Any pointers?

Guys anyone facing similar issues?
Old 9th February 2014, 10:47   #2228
BHPian

Quote:

Guys anyone facing similar issues?
What's the km on the odo? I guess you will have to find people who have run similar km and then see.
In my case, I am almost at 3000km now and haven't faced these issues. However, I am still facing that slight noise from the CRB, whenever I shift down from say 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd, while slowing down.
My hunch is that there is some misalignment in the clutch, which is making the noise. Better get it checked sooner rather than later.

Last edited by sasi405 : 9th February 2014 at 10:48.
Old 9th February 2014, 15:52   #2229
BHPian

Quote:

Hi stormed, I am facing the issue of the clutch noise. I have given the vehicle for repair today and let's see what comes out of it. They have kept it for a day and will return it tomorrow. Hope they do as promised.
Old 9th February 2014, 18:56   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
What's the km on the odo? I guess you will have to find people who have run similar km and then see.
In my case, I am almost at 3000km now and haven't faced these issues. However, I am still facing that slight noise from the CRB, whenever I shift down from say 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd, while slowing down.
My hunch is that there is some misalignment in the clutch, which is making the noise. Better get it checked sooner rather than later.

Sasi the truck has run 12500 Kms now. It's quite a deep sound so am concerned but the technical guy at the workshop told me on the phone that all it needs is lubrication. Will update after taking it to the workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulkamboj View Post
Hi stormed, I am facing the issue of the clutch noise. I have given the vehicle for repair today and let's see what comes out of it. They have kept it for a day and will return it tomorrow. Hope they do as promised.

Thanks Vipul, look forward to hearing from you on the feedback from the workshop.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th February 2014 at 06:27. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 10:26   #2231
rkg
Senior - BHPian

it appears Storme will come with SAC(self adjusting clutch) very shortly. the SAC is from european firm
Old 10th February 2014, 15:03   #2232
BHPian

Storme Owners - Quick question
I got a specs sheet from www.tatacars.com which talked about Follow Me Home lamps. Now i was under the impression that Storme does not have it. It just has a parking locator.

Does anyone think otherwise. Please let me know if available. If so, how does it operate ?
Old 10th February 2014, 15:39   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Hi Subraiyr -

I dont own a storme, but in my safari, the "follow me home" is an option where the Head Lights continue to glow for 30 seconds after you switch off the engine. The issue is, even if you dont want the lights to stay on for 30 seconds, it would still be on. Rather - each time the head lamp is used, the "follow me home' option gets invoked.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:13   #2234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
subraiyr : .. Follow Me Home lamps. Now i was under the impression that Storme does not have it.

jkrishnakj : .. in my safari, the "follow me home" is an option where the Head Lights continue to glow for 30 seconds after you switch off the engine. The issue is, even if you dont want the lights to stay on for 30 seconds, it would still be on. Rather - each time the head lamp is used, the "follow me home' option gets invoked.
Must be a different version in Safari, but will let the Safari guys talk about that.

In Storme:
With Headlamp switch off,
If you take the key out of the ignition - cabin lamps will glow for 30 secs
If you press "UnLock " or "Lock" on your remote, the cabin lamps will glow for 30 secs
If you press Lights button on remote, headlamps will glow for 30 seconds

This would be the "follow me home feature "

What I have tried:
Head-lamp on, remove ignition key - pilot will remain on. Cabin lamps will come on, as mentioned above.
Key in Ignition, head-lamp switch off - headlamps go off immediately. (Pilot will remain on / off depending on position of headlamp switch).

Unlike what @JK said, I have not seen the headlamp glowing for 30 seconds each time the headlamp is used.

Last edited by condor : 10th February 2014 at 17:15.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 17:44   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Storme Owners - Quick question
I got a specs sheet from www.tatacars.com which talked about Follow Me Home lamps. Now i was under the impression that Storme does not have it. It just has a parking locator.

Does anyone think otherwise. Please let me know if available. If so, how does it operate ?
In the Storme, 'follow me home' happens only when you want it, i.e., if you press the lights on switch on the remote. In other vehicles, it comes on whether you want it following or not. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks