Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 07:48   #2521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulkamboj View Post
Thank god for clarifying. I got worried.

I was on the red light but not going towards Sohna Road but going towards delta motors. Let's meet once you are back from your trip.
Ok. So it must have been you. This was around 10:00AM. I turned left from the Hongkong Bazaar Rd onto Golf Course Extn, towards Faridabad Rd, on my way to Jasola.
How's Delta Motors? I haven't been there, as a fellow Safari friend told me to not go there. However, if they are good, I don't mind going there as its just 2km from my house. Please share your experience.
I will be back on Wednesday (going tomorrow morning) so we can catch up next weekend maybe.
Old 6th April 2014, 09:51   #2522
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
TML is no more offering music system and leather seats even for the highest variant. Its only fabric seats in place of leather with the same price of Rs. 15,70,000 - This is really not fair

Also checked Safari storme official website today and in the features comparison they mentioned "Fabric" for LX and EX variant and "Fabric seats" for VX 4x2 and VX 4x4 variant? Whats the difference in Fabric and Fabric seats?
Is it? But they should not have stripped the VX (both 4X2 as well as 4X4) of leather seats and music system. Now, apart from factory fitted alloy wheels, there is very little which the VX would offer as against EX.

And VX's cost close to 15-16 & they have decided to strip even the top specs of leather seats & music system...not fair at all IMO.
Old 6th April 2014, 09:54   #2523
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Ok. So it must have been you. This was around 10:00AM. I turned left from the Hongkong Bazaar Rd onto Golf Course Extn, towards Faridabad Rd, on my way to Jasola.
How's Delta Motors? I haven't been there, as a fellow Safari friend told me to not go there. However, if they are good, I don't mind going there as its just 2km from my house. Please share your experience.
I will be back on Wednesday (going tomorrow morning) so we can catch up next weekend maybe.

I had gone to Dhingra motors earlier. The shop is big but they do not pay any attention. Here you can get the work done through your personal rapport. I find them better than the rest. I would recommend it.
Old 6th April 2014, 10:28   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
I had gone to Dhingra motors earlier. The shop is big but they do not pay any attention. Here you can get the work done through your personal rapport. I find them better than the rest. I would recommend it.
That's good to hear. How are the facilities in terms of service bays, equipment, lifts, paint shop and washing area? Also, is it a training centre as well? And how busy are they? Gurgaon ASCs (for companies like TML and GM), tend to be filled with cabs, therefore the question. And how would you rate competence of SEs and supervisors?
Personally, I was not happy with the washing area and the space in the service bays at Concorde Motors Mathura Rd. Want to find a better place for not only service but also to go for fixing small things.
Old 6th April 2014, 10:38   #2525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is it? But they should not have stripped the VX (both 4X2 as well as 4X4) of leather seats and music system. Now, apart from factory fitted alloy wheels, there is very little which the VX would offer as against EX.

And VX's cost close to 15-16 & they have decided to strip even the top specs of leather seats & music system...not fair at all IMO.

I agree

I took a td of the storme a couple of days back and while it's a soundly engineered product, the already spartan top end is even more bare bones now..... Not worth 15 big ones .... Trouble is the only possible alternative in this range is xuv which isn't a true blue SUV to start with!
Old 6th April 2014, 11:19   #2526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I agree

I took a td of the storme a couple of days back and while it's a soundly engineered product, the already spartan top end is even more bare bones now..... Not worth 15 big ones .... Trouble is the only possible alternative in this range is xuv which isn't a true blue SUV to start with!

Precisely. A ladder on frame, is a ladder on frame.

The Scorpio is good, but one has to agree, it is too long in the tooth now.

The big handicap of a Scorpio against the Storme is cruising ability, brakes & ride.

It is evens against almost all benchmarks & Storme is a good product, but TML should add features now, instead of stripping it further (if true)

Last edited by Sheel : 6th April 2014 at 11:23.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 12:05   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Stripping the low & mid variant was one thing, not giving the TOP END Storme a basic music system speaks of their attitude towards the product.

Would ANY part of the masses choose a 17L (Post discounts OTR Bangalore) TATA with no music system!? (MAYBE, maybe a VERY VERY tiny one). And then they say they targeted 3x current sales!

I've this gut feeling that the way Tata Motors functions has changed bit-by-bit post the recent tragedy. While sales were just slightly picking up, Tata Motors seems to've gotten into 'Milk-the-cow' mode.

IMO its numbers too could've begun to exponentially grow as more people realised, that although it lacked a few features, Storme is a mechanically well-sorted product. But with TaMo stripping to the car to just basic stuff, the aspirational value takes a major blow.

Maybe they're under the impression that it's reached the peak and isn't really going to grow/fall further. Anyway, they better see their competition in the XUV while the damage doesn't go from bad to worse.

P.S. : Also hope this attitude doesn't brush off with the new Zest & Bolt offerings.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th April 2014 at 12:08.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 13:54   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Stripping the low & mid variant was one thing, not giving the TOP END Storme a basic music system speaks of their attitude towards the product.

Would ANY part of the masses choose a 17L (Post discounts OTR Bangalore) TATA with no music system!? (MAYBE, maybe a VERY VERY tiny one). And then they say they targeted 3x current sales!

IMO its numbers too could've begun to exponentially grow as more people realised, that although it lacked a few features, Storme is a mechanically well-sorted product. But with TaMo stripping to the car to just basic stuff, the aspirational value takes a major blow.
Completely agree. I was planning to Buy Storme before Diwali this year. It will be extremely difficult for me to convince myself to buy a stripped down version and will be impossible to convince my family who are already pushing me to go for a sedan. I guess TML's sales and marketing team should wake up before it is too late.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 14:33   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Gold AMC of 4 years/40,000 kms. Costing Rs. 19,895/-.

Thanks. I currently have a Gold 3 years / 30K cover. Although I now feel that I may be very close to 30K by next march which completes 2 years for me. Would you recommend me to go for 4 years / 40K as well considering it doesn't cover the 45K service?
Old 6th April 2014, 15:05   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Per my info (don't know how accurate it is) tml is launching storme zx in June with a 2 din audio, steering mounted controls and leather seats. It will be approx 1 l more than the current Vx
Old 6th April 2014, 16:46   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
I had gone to Dhingra motors earlier. The shop is big but they do not pay any attention.
I've got my 1500 and 5000 kms services done at Dhingra and I don't have any complaints. BUT I haven't been delighted either, also the first 2 services in the Storme are more sort of check-ups. I went for the 5k service last weekend and they agreed to replace one of my power window channels in warranty, as it gets stuck midway at times and I have to roll down and roll up again (sometimes twice). But I am still waiting for the replacement for want of parts, let's see how this one goes. Initially, I did have an issue of power loss while driving and the check engine light coming up, right from day 1 and the Dhingra mechanic was able to rectify it cleanly, I've not had any recurrence of the issue after that.

So far it has been a wonderful experience with the beast and I am absolutely luvin' it. And yes, my storme is not a god gifted one :-). It does have the problems that people have been discussing (foul smell from the AC for a few seconds when it starts, back seat folding down in case of high speed braking, hand brakes not confidence inspiring and have to be supplemented with 1st or reverse gear when parking) but I feel it's still one of the best decisions I've made in recent times .
DragonRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 20:34   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Booking a Tata Safari Storme from Prerna motors and will start the process from April 19th onward targeting delivery for May 1st Week. The following are the price details with break-up i received today:

Safari Storme VX 4x2 OTR price: Rs. 15,70,000
Congrats Deepak!

Why aren't you going for a 4x4 if it is going to be a VX?

..and don't bother about the leather seats. Fabric seats are definitely more comfortable in the ever increasing summer temperatures of Bangalore

Last edited by Kairalee : 6th April 2014 at 20:36.
Kairalee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 20:49   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Why aren't you going for a 4x4 if it is going to be a VX?
Thanks Suresh. Only reason that i am not in a position to overstretch the budget. Opting for a 4x4 means shelling out 1.5 lacs more. With the kind of usage i will have, i dont see the need for 4x4 for me since i will not be participating in any Off-roading events. My usage will be similar to Wagon R - just routine city and highway drives. I felt SUV was necessary for me over a sedan because nowadays we have started taking our pet dog whenever we go on long drives and space was a big issue in our Wagon R. Also i dont think sedan will address these space issues either!

I will call you sometime this month to take some tips from you on the buying experience (If you are free)
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 00:17   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Suresh. Only reason that i am not in a position to overstretch the budget. Opting for a 4x4 means shelling out 1.5 lacs more. With the kind of usage i will have, i dont see the need for 4x4 for me since i will not be participating in any Off-roading events. My usage will be similar to Wagon R - just routine city and highway drives. I felt SUV was necessary for me over a sedan because nowadays we have started taking our pet dog whenever we go on long drives and space was a big issue in our Wagon R. Also i dont think sedan will address these space issues either!

I will call you sometime this month to take some tips from you on the buying experience (If you are free)
Without the leather and audio how does VX justify the 1.6 lac price difference over EX?
Old 7th April 2014, 00:23   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Without the leather and audio how does VX justify the 1.6 lac price difference over EX?

Airbags is my requirement and also a mandate from my family hence finalised on VX, else I don't see any reason spending around 2 lacs more to buy VX instead of EX

Most Viewed