Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 17:43   #2536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post

So far it has been a wonderful experience with the beast and I am absolutely luvin' it. And yes, my storme is not a god gifted one :-). It does have the problems that people have been discussing (foul smell from the AC for a few seconds when it starts, back seat folding down in case of high speed braking, hand brakes not confidence inspiring and have to be supplemented with 1st or reverse gear when parking) but I feel it's still one of the best decisions I've made in recent times .
Hi DR, I think so too. The Storme is an excellent vehicle.

It is not only with Storme but all vehicles break down at one point of time. It is the lack of sense of urgency shown by TML is what lets it down. The back seat needs to be slapped in hard till it clicks in place which was rectified in my Storme as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
That's good to hear. How are the facilities in terms of service bays, equipment, lifts, paint shop and washing area? Also, is it a training centre as well? And how busy are they? Gurgaon ASCs (for companies like TML and GM), tend to be filled with cabs, therefore the question. And how would you rate competence of SEs and supervisors?
Personally, I was not happy with the washing area and the space in the service bays at Concorde Motors Mathura Rd. Want to find a better place for not only service but also to go for fixing small things.
It is small and you are right. Many of the customers are the cab owners but they deal with them very differently from a privately owned vehicle owner. Sanjay Sharma is the Workshop Manager and quite good.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th April 2014 at 18:22. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
vipulkamboj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 19:33   #2537
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Per my info (don't know how accurate it is) tml is launching storme zx in June with a 2 din audio, steering mounted controls and leather seats. It will be approx 1 l more than the current Vx
If this news is true, I'll mostly be taking Storme out of my list of upgrade options. I'll also change my avatar on TBHP infact! I'll simply keep my Vista, add a SUMO Gold & save some money still! It will be a very sad decision. Increasing price for adding features that are already standard in ECONOMY grade hatchbacks will probably be the final nail that is needed to totally seal the coffin of this wonderful car.

I really hope that this is not true.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 19:42   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It will be a very sad decision. Increasing price for adding features that are already standard in ECONOMY grade hatchbacks will probably be the final nail that is needed to totally seal the coffin of this wonderful car.

I really hope that this is not true.
Seriously, if this is true then what is Tata thinking! You get 2 DIN, steering mounted controls, ACC and what not in a car half the price of Storme and then you do this. Really!!!
Old 8th April 2014, 10:20   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Per my info (don't know how accurate it is) tml is launching storme zx in June with a 2 din audio, steering mounted controls and leather seats. It will be approx 1 l more than the current Vx
if this is true, then all TBHP Storme fans should send a "facepalm" meme to Tata Motors.

However, it will help me explain the value of LX to my wife who is insisting on the VX.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:53   #2540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
if this is true, then all TBHP Storme fans should send a "facepalm" meme to Tata Motors.

However, it will help me explain the value of LX to my wife who is insisting on the VX.
I'd suggest you go for the EX over LX. The additional features you get are worth the price. The arm rest is well designed & is a boon on long drives (which is where the Storme always encourages you to go). The rear wipe n wash is also a really useful feature for SUVs as otherwise a lot of mud on the rear glass obscures vision in the IRVM. LX also doesn't have in-roof rear AC I believe. If you ask me, over the Storme LX, the Grande MK2 GX makes much better case utility wise. It lacks ABS & multi link rear suspension, but otherwise is a wonderfully spacious full 7 seater.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th April 2014 at 11:05.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 11:01   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd suggest you go for the EX over LX. The additional features you get are worth the price. The arm rest is well designed & is a boon on long drives (which is where the Storme always encourages you to go). The rear wipe n wash is also a really useful feature for SUVs as otherwise a lot of mud on the rear glass obscures vision in the IRVM. LX also doesn't have in-roof rear AC I believe. If you ask me, over the Storme LX, the Grande MK2 makes much better case utility wise. It lacks ABS & multi link rear suspension, but otherwise is a wonderfully spacious full 7 seater.
I think this was discussed a long time ago on this very thread. Of the three, the EX indeed is the best value for money variant. Add in the height adjustable driver seat and the fog lights as well.

And don't forget the dashboard clock!

Actually when I bought the Storme last year in February, in Pune the difference between LX and EX was less than 60K. For all of the above.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 14:01   #2542
BHPian

Presenting Tata Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_3490.jpg

Got delivery of my Storme on 8th April 2014 @ 5PM from Concord Motors Pune.

Thanks a lot to TBHP and all respected members here for answering my every query.

Had a nice long drive of 250 km straight from showroom to Satara and back. Everybody from family enjoyed the joy ride in beast and the feedback was like .

Will post my initial impression after next long drive from Pune to Kokan.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 14:05   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Vishal
Congratulations Vishal! I guess urban Bronze is the best colour for Storme. Will wait for your ownership reviews.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 14:31   #2544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1228330

Thanks a lot to TBHP and all respected members here for answering my every query.

Had a nice long drive of 250 km straight from showroom to Satara and back. Everybody from family enjoyed the joy ride in beast and the feedback was like .

Will post my initial impression after next long drive from Pune to Kokan.

Thanks,
Vishal
Hey Vishal, hearty congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with it. Where did you get it from? Concorde it seems. The C is just about visible on the testimonials chart. If you don't mind, could you please post / PM the pricing & offers that you got? Is it a 2013 make or 2014?

EDIT : I was so busy watching the picture time and again that I missed reading properly through your post. You've clearly mentioned you got it from Concorde

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th April 2014 at 14:54.
Old 9th April 2014, 15:06   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Vishal, hearty congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with it. Where did you get it from? Concorde it seems. The C is just about visible on the testimonials chart. If you don't mind, could you please post / PM the pricing & offers that you got? Is it a 2013 make or 2014?
Thanks a lot !

Yes it is Concorde Motors Pune.
The offer I got is as below:

Storme EX OTR : 1187851/- No Extended warranty, No AMC, No LBT (I am outside of PMC )

Discounts: 10000/- Cash + 5000/- Holi Dhamaka + 5000/- Tata referral

Insurance: 27801/-

I purchased zero depreciation insurance from New India Assurance using my Thar's NCB 20%, pluse they offer me 20 % discount for new vehicle.

Goodwill Accessory: Storme original mattings + Paint protection from 3M.

Over all my experience with Concord Motors Pune is amazing except my first visit where the SA thought that I will not afford Storme but then a friend form our forum introduced me to a senior manager there and then a enthusiastic SA closed my deal without hassle and delivered my Stomre on exact promised date and time. If you are planning to visit them contact Hemant Gurav.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 9th April 2014 at 15:11. Reason: text changed
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 18:04   #2546
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vishal! Welcome to the Pune Storming Chapter!!!!
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 23:59   #2547
BHPian

First of all congratulations for being a proud owner of Real beast. Urban Bronze is cool color and i realized this when i test drove the storme couple of months back with same color. Though this color is not that photogenic when u see it in real its a real "WOW"

Quote:
Goodwill Accessory: Storme original mattings + Paint protection from 3M
Can you please elaborate more on this?
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 00:07   #2548
BHPian

Many congratulations Vishal and welcome to the ever growing storme family on tbhp. Wish you many successful miles with the beast.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 10:57   #2549
BHPian

Quote:

Storme EX OTR :[/b] 1187851/- No Extended warranty, No AMC, No LBT (I am outside of PMC )

Discounts: [/b]10000/- Cash + 5000/- Holi Dhamaka + 5000/- Tata referral
Congrats on the new ride.
The deal you got is really sweet considering the (now) reduced Ex-showroom price. UB & Black storms stand out in the crowd, and IMO Body colored ORVMs and Black roof rails suit this color more than Shiny ones of VX trim.
As the vehicle might have come without music system, have you purchased it separately? And sorry to repeat an already asked question.. is it 2013 make or 2014?
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 11:13   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post

Can you please elaborate more on this?
Thanks !
May be I used complicated term like "Goodwill" In simple words, these 2 things are offered by Concord Motors as free accessory after negotiation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Many congratulations Vishal and welcome to the ever growing storme family on tbhp. Wish you many successful miles with the beast.
Yes feeling good in Storme family. Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats Vishal! Welcome to the Pune Storming Chapter!!!!
Thanks Doc ! Yes now lets meet sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Congrats on the new ride.
The deal you got is really sweet considering the (now) reduced Ex-showroom price. UB & Black storms stand out in the crowd, and IMO Body colored ORVMs and Black roof rails suit this color more than Shiny ones of VX trim.
As the vehicle might have come without music system, have you purchased it separately? And sorry to repeat an already asked question.. is it 2013 make or 2014?
Yes now all verient comes without music system. No I have not purchased anything as I am already running on empty pocket because I moved from LX to EX on last minute after reading ebonho's review.

This is March 2014 manufactured, landed at stock yard of Concord Motors on 28th March 2014 just one day prior to my booking. I am lucky to get a fresh vehicle without waiting period.

Thanks,
Vishal

Most Viewed