Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 13:59   #2701
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Guys...my Storme LX is just one month old and has done 2800 kms. I am facing an issue where after gear shifts, when i accelerate, there is a noise (tak tak tak) coming from somewhere below the engine. It stays on for a second or two. It happens during the initial acceleration after every shift. This was reported during my first service but not rectified. The sound is very much audible with windows rolled up.

Last week i was on a 400 kms drive and in between i noticed that there was a sudden power loss and a huge shudder from engine. All the warning lights came on and the AC blower stopped functioning. As soon as i switched off the AC things returned back to normal. This happens as soon as i switch on the AC. During this time, the reading lights, park lights and even the headlights flicker continuously. The power loss issue only lasted for a day and never cropped up after that.

Any idea on the what the reason could be? All help would be appreciated since i could directly ask the service engineer to check these particular things to rectify the above issues.
Dear Sandeep-vgl - please PM me your contact details and dealer details immediately.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 8th May 2014, 14:34   #2702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Last week i was on a 400 kms drive and in between i noticed that there was a sudden power loss and a huge shudder from engine. All the warning lights came on and the AC blower stopped functioning. As soon as i switched off the AC things returned back to normal. This happens as soon as i switch on the AC. During this time, the reading lights, park lights and even the headlights flicker continuously. The power loss issue only lasted for a day and never cropped up after that.

Any idea on the what the reason could be? All help would be appreciated since i could directly ask the service engineer to check these particular things to rectify the above issues.
Does this flicker happens every time you switch on the AC? In that case there could be a vehicle wiring fault. Usually happens with the earth connection. Please get it rectified. this is the number one cause of vehicle fires
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 14:38   #2703
BHPian

Yes. It does. But as mentioned it appeared only on that particular day last week during my long distance travel. Not appeared after that till now.

The flicker frequency reduces when i change AC from normal to Econ mode.
Old 8th May 2014, 23:25   #2704
BHPian

Breached the 10000 km mark today, in 4 months and 5 days. No problems to report so far (touch wood!), except for squeaking of doors, which has completely been eliminated through the 'insulation tape method'. The light above the rear seat has developed a slight flicker and sometimes it switches off and comes on again. The CRB noise is still there when down shifting from 5th to 4th; didn't get eliminated in the last service. I have been getting a consistent daily drive mileage range of 12.75kmpl to 13.75kmpl. Two highway trips of a total of 1300+ km have been undertaken, with a consistent performance both times. In my last highway trip, there was one instance where the engine momentarily looked like its going to stall while I was coasting to a stop at a toll booth. It didn't happen though, and hasn't happened afterwards. I guess it must have been a choked air filter / inlet.
The truck gave me a small gift just as the odo turned 10000km; the light in the dash clock, which never worked ever since I had the vehicle, suddenly came on! It's worked so far. Let's see if it continues to work.
On the whole, a satisfactory experience and definitely full value for money. Will recommend the Storme to anyone looking for a tough, no nonsense vehicle that can tackle anything that one can throw at it.

PS: Not able to post a picture of the odo due to some permissions problem.
sasi405 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 23:34   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Breached the 10000 km mark ... gift just as the odo turned 10000km; the light in the dash clock, which never worked ever since I had the vehicle, suddenly came on! It's worked so far. Let's see if it continues to work.
On the whole, a satisfactory experience and definitely full value for money. Will recommend the Storme to anyone looking for a tough, no nonsense vehicle that can tackle anything that one can throw at it.

PS: Not able to post a picture of the odo due to some permissions problem.
That's quite a good amount of usage over fairly extensive kindof roads/terrain. Good to know Storme's holding up well.

The pics may be >1mb. Open in paint - press Ctrl+w and reduce 100 to ~70, pic size should reduce.

CONGOS and happy motoring
Old 9th May 2014, 06:14   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear narayan / condor /sasi / jkdas - cool it guys, I never mentioned that I drive Storme! I never mentioned in which car I got 800 kms in a tankfull, so going to 14.54 kmpl is not in the right direction. I have purposely not mentioned the car. The intention was to make you guys aware that it can be done, in any car. The tool is "VBF".

VBF is a vehicle evaluation module which has been developed out of real world simulation testing. This information gets converted to various DVPs (Design Validation Plans) which need to be met before the vehicle sees itself in production. Obviously, this is internal information. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Phew! thank lord that you updated us about this! I was gonna try drive today and thought will try again!

For a change, I am gonna try for a better kmpl reading with another setting with the 'box' . Let's see if I can make it meet the 600kms on a tankful first while crossing 1,25,000kms this weekend.
Old 9th May 2014, 17:48   #2707
BHPian

Is there some big update happening tomorrow? Tata Safari's twitter handle says, "Please stay tuned to the page and wait for the big reveal that happens tomorrow." Wondering what this could be!
Old 9th May 2014, 18:18   #2708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Is there some big update happening tomorrow?
Not sure, but may be it is regarding Zest launch? Else as such I guess there is no updates planned on Safari.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 9th May 2014 at 18:20.
Old 10th May 2014, 12:51   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there some big update happening tomorrow? Tata Safari's twitter handle says, "Please stay tuned to the page and wait for the big reveal that happens tomorrow." Wondering what this could be!
Wasn't there some new 120 bhp UV launched/going to be launched?
Old 10th May 2014, 13:00   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Wasn't there some new 120 bhp UV launched/going to be launched?
I don't think it is/was about UV. May be its just a new website/group for Storme owners. This is the latest from their twitter handle; "Safari’s streak of adventure helps you kick up a Storme as you tread these uncharted trails.Coming soon! Big reveal! pic.twitter.com/D2KqazFe7Y"
Old 10th May 2014, 13:08   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it is/was about UV. May be its just a new website/group for Storme owners. This is the latest from their twitter handle; "Safari’s streak of adventure helps you kick up a Storme as you tread these uncharted trails.Coming soon! Big reveal! pic.twitter.com/D2KqazFe7Y"
Its called the Movus. Revised Sumo Grand I think.
Old 10th May 2014, 21:29   #2712
BHPian

For all the hoola-ho on twitter, it was just the launch of "Discover New Trails" app
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 18:40   #2713
BANNED

Re: Scoop: Is an updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
I wonder how would an AMT work in the storme?

Is it a little too wishful to think on those lines?

I would love to pick up an AMT Storme EX for say about 13 lacs on road pune as the EX costs about 12.6 lacs OTR.
Currently in a quandry myself about EX and VX versions. I agree that EX has all the bells (if not the whistles) that one needs but the fact it doesn't have airbags has been impeding the decision to no end. Unfortunately, none of the cars, under 12L OTR, with close to the mythical 'off-roading' capabilities come with basic safety requirements like airbags and ABS.

Distraught!

I don't care if the last row is made front facing or not, my wishlist of the Storme EX version ends with a properly positioned 2-Din touchscreen, 150PS engine (coupled with some fat reducing techniques to enhance FE) and Airbags.

Last edited by methecupid : 12th May 2014 at 18:42.
Old 12th May 2014, 19:24   #2714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Currently in a quandry myself about EX and VX versions.
From your post, I guess VX is what you would be happy with - after the new version comes. If you do take the EX, I wont be surprised if you will keep thinking - why did I !!
Old 13th May 2014, 14:20   #2715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
From your post, I guess VX is what you would be happy with - after the new version comes. If you do take the EX, I wont be surprised if you will keep thinking - why did I !!
I am not so sure, whereas the difference between the LX to EX is 70k (substantiated by the height adjustable seats, rear wipes, electronically foldable mirrors), the difference between the EX to VX is a whopping 1.5L, substantially for leather seats and Airbags. Now i fail to understand why i shouldn't get a couple of airbags nevertheless if i buy LX, EX, VX or God-particle X!

I wish they take care of this anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
All this and price below Storme Lx is not possible IMO and to add to that who will buy the Storme after that
I agree. Changing the fit and finish isn't going to be a walk, adding the new engine and still managing to be on the right side of the 80k difference between Safari EX and Storme LX.

But hey, Albert Einstein once said "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle". Dream. Trust. Believe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks