Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 16:48   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats Himanshu and you have got a very good deal as well. Pearl White is my personal favourite and almost booked the same colour in Lx but an additional discount on an "in stock " silver made me change my decision

1) Is the touch screen the same as the explorer edition version ? Did you find it user friendly ? If not why dont you just take an additional cash discount and go for an aftermarket unit ?

2) Isnt the spare wheel an alloy in the Vx ? I am surprised it isnt

3) I presume you have to fix the speakers after market ?
Thanks Narayan

The touch screen is the explorer edition kit and i did find it fairly easy to use. Im not too much of a gadget freak (one reason i love the simplicity of the Storme). Also, there has been a spate of car fires in NCR recently, ostensibly on account of after market accessories. Hence i am a bit wary and want to stick to factory authorised stuff so that my warranty is intact.
The unit comes with 2 speakers standard, so will get two addl JBLs from the dealership itself. neotiating a deal there as well as for the nudge guard

The VX spare is a steel wheel but thankfully not a space saver. wanted an alloy so got that in the deal

Gaurav, hearty congratulations. I live right across the road from Aristo so PM me when you are there. If im back from work then, i may drop in.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 11th June 2014 at 16:50.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:33   #2837
Senior - BHPian

Guys one Q- i intend getting a nudge guard for my Storme but the OE accessory is ludicrously priced at 16K. anyone installed a nudge guard in their storme? If so can you please share pic n price.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:36   #2838
BHPian

Any view on service centres in Gurgaon? Anyone experienced Delta in Sec 52?
Old 12th June 2014, 14:01   #2839
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Please do not discuss or plan brand specific meets here. Its against Team-BHP rules
Old 13th June 2014, 23:23   #2840
BHPian

Got my truck today. High five to the tbhp community and Storme owners whose experience and feedback was instrumental in me finalizing on the Storme.

Ownership thread to follow soon. Want to upload pics but the app on my iPhone is not allowing me to do so.
garyag79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 23:58   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Got my truck today. High five to the tbhp community and Storme owners whose experience and feedback was instrumental in me finalizing on the Storme.

Ownership thread to follow soon. Want to upload pics but the app on my iPhone is not allowing me to do so.

Congrats and welcome to the community. Wish you many miles ahead.
Old 14th June 2014, 07:26   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gaurav

I had called Ajay yesterday and he told me he was in the process of completing the paperwork with you
Old 14th June 2014, 15:47   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gaurav. Welcome to our fraternity!
Old 14th June 2014, 18:45   #2844
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Thank you all. Have just put up a thread on test drive and initial ownership report.
Old 14th June 2014, 22:55   #2845
BHPian

I have a question.

My Storme clocked 10500 km and its 2 month old, third servicing (engine oil change) is at 15 K kms. I have done long 7500+ km expedition form Pune to Ladakh in my Storme in last 2 weeks, I think I have stretched it hard to cover the distance.

Should I right now go for oil change regardless of km interval or wait for 15 K?

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 15th June 2014, 12:31   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
I think I have stretched it hard to cover the distance.
That's a good amount of running in a very short time ! Do you plan to maintain this run rate ? I think servicing at 15k should be fine but what exactly did you mean by the above ? As per manual, only if the vehicle is used in extremely dusty conditions, as a taxi or most of thr running is in stop and go traffic does an earlier service interval be required
Old 15th June 2014, 13:25   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
That's a good amount of running in a very short time ! Do you plan to maintain this run rate ? I think servicing at 15k should be fine but what exactly did you mean by the above ? As per manual, only if the vehicle is used in extremely dusty conditions, as a taxi or most of thr running is in stop and go traffic does an earlier service interval be required
I don't think I will be able to maintain the same run rate but it will surely cross 20 K in next 6 months.

Yes I mean by above statement is, I used vehicle in dusty, rainy and high/low temperature. For first 3 days we covered 1000+ km per day and for last 3 days its was 1200+ km per day.

I want to change the engine oil and fuel filter as the fuel wasvery adulterated in Ladakh but to maintain record for warranty I will have to again change the same on 15 K that's why this big question.
Old 15th June 2014, 14:56   #2848
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
I don't think I will be able to maintain the same run rate but it will surely cross 20 K in next 6 months.

Yes I mean by above statement is, I used vehicle in dusty, rainy and high/low temperature. For first 3 days we covered 1000+ km per day and for last 3 days its was 1200+ km per day.

I want to change the engine oil and fuel filter as the fuel wasvery adulterated in Ladakh but to maintain record for warranty I will have to again change the same on 15 K that's why this big question.

I think you should go in for an oil and filter change; no harm at all and good to keep your engine healthy.
Just driving 700 Kms from rourkee till Delhi my air filter got badly choked. The turbo wasn't working properly due to air not reaching it. I am also planning to get an additional servicing done at 20K considering my run is also mostly on highways before the one at 30K.

One important question guys:

My black colour has lost its sheen completely. Went to 3M car care kailash colony today and they gave me the following quotes:

1. Exterior package: 8000 once only
2. Annual exterior package ( includes 3 treatments) rs. 15000
3. Interior and exterior package - 22K for one year inc point 2 above and 2 interior cleaning sessions

Doesn't this sound quite expensive?
I got similar treatment done by reliance auto zone for wurth saving more than half the cost.
Has anyone taken their truck to 3M?
How much did you pay?
Also, is it worth the money or should I go to Wurth again?

Last edited by storme'd : 15th June 2014 at 15:00.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 17:20   #2849
Senior - BHPian

@storme'd

I'm surprised your black colour has lost its shine

I drove a black 3ltr dicor for nearly four years in Hyderabad and the beast used to gleam after every cleaning session

TML paint shop is actually one of the best in the industry and the Safari's paint quality is world class

I suggest you check the water being used to clean your car. If it's bore well water or hard water, that may be the culprit
Old 15th June 2014, 18:06   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
I think you should go in for an oil and filter change; no harm at all and good to keep your engine healthy.
Just driving 700 Kms from rourkee till Delhi my air filter got badly choked. The turbo wasn't working properly due to air not reaching it. I am also planning to get an additional servicing done at 20K considering my run is also mostly on highways before the one at 30K.

One important question guys:

My black colour has lost its sheen completely. Went to 3M car care kailash colony today and they gave me the following quotes:

1. Exterior package: 8000 once only
2. Annual exterior package ( includes 3 treatments) rs. 15000
3. Interior and exterior package - 22K for one year inc point 2 above and 2 interior cleaning sessions

Doesn't this sound quite expensive?
I got similar treatment done by reliance auto zone for wurth saving more than half the cost.
Has anyone taken their truck to 3M?
How much did you pay?
Also, is it worth the money or should I go to Wurth again?
Ok great !
Will go for servicing in this week.

About 3M, do not take heavy packages go for one time service. I went for Interior Classic (cleaning everything using shampoo ) which is very basic for interior cleaning and Exterior Superb (foam wash, machine wax and then hand polish) which is mid option for exterior and the car is shining like new.

Do not wash car daily and Jopasu duster it will save your car's paint and will keep corrosion/hard water strain free.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 15th June 2014 at 18:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks