Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 16:20   #2881
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Air filter had not been changed during the 15k service. I should have thought of it earlier.

How come ? Its part of that service - did the TASS forget to do it ?
Old 20th June 2014, 08:58   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Is it that the filter and the sensor need to be changed every 30K kms? I can understand the filter change but I don't understand the need to change the sensor every 30K.

Anurag.
It is an integrated unit the Diesel fuel filter has built in sensor.
Old 21st June 2014, 10:26   #2883
BHPian

Got my first flat yesterday, it was so bad that the rear left Dueler was out of air in a moment. Realized two huge nails that got into it in an inverted V shape and inner wall was pierced too. I am taking it to the dealer today as adviced by my SA to see if something can be done at his level. Else, will have to buy a new tyre.

After putting in the spare tyre, went for alignment and balancing and realized that front wheels were off.
Old 21st June 2014, 12:34   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Guys
As you all know I have a roof carrier installed on the beast which is of the aluminium colour. Am thinking of getting it painted matte grey to complement the silver colour of the beast. Can this be tried as a DIY job ? Any suggestions ?
Old 22nd June 2014, 05:15   #2885
BHPian

I wonder why i could not find even a single sardinia red storme owner review here. I had seen the pics posted by gurrala if i remember correctly but i wanted to see how this colour looks after a bit of usage...understand its a little offbeat colour when it comes to a suv but still NOT EVEN ONE?????
Old 22nd June 2014, 15:10   #2886
BHPian

1000km update

Completed 1000km in one week of taking the Storme. It is working perfectly fine, no issues or niggles but for left seat belt socket brushing against the central console sometimes, will get it rectified on Tuesday when I for it for first service.

Tank full method used for calculating the mileage : 10 kmpl with 100%ac and 80% city driving.

Have noticed one thing, the difference in fuel consumption with ac tuning in Eco mode is considerably less than that when it is in the blue mode.
Old 22nd June 2014, 16:55   #2887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Have noticed one thing, the difference in fuel consumption with ac tuning in Eco mode is considerably less than that when it is in the blue mode.
Interesting observation ! Thanks .
BTW, I'm getting similar fuel consumption numbers.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2014 at 12:50. Reason: On request
Old 22nd June 2014, 18:15   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I wonder why i could not find even a single sardinia red storme owner review here. I had seen the pics posted by gurrala if i remember correctly but i wanted to see how this colour looks after a bit of usage...understand its a little offbeat colour when it comes to a suv but still NOT EVEN ONE?????
Don't think that colour and pearl champagne are available anymore
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:08   #2889
Distinguished - BHPian

@Himanshu, are you sure ? Sardinia Red & Pearl Champagne are still listed on the website

Sardinia Red - havent seen any yet.
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:19   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Don't think that colour and pearl champagne are available anymore
Both the colours r very much available but only on confirmed order...i luvd the showroom pics of sardinia red storme but wanted to see someone owning this particular shade write a review..
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:34   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Interesting observation ! Thanks .
btw, I'm getting similar fuel consumption numbers.
Another observation regarding AC etc. I usually run it on 'blue' for the first 10-15 minutes till the cabin cools down and then switch it to 'green'. In the event of the vehicle standing in the sun for a long time, I suggest switching the rear ac also on initially to get the cabin cool fast, even if there's no one at the back. So, if you run the blue (and rear ac if its very hot) for the first 15 minutes, you can move to green mode fairly quickly, thereby improving your FE.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2014 at 12:52. Reason: Editing in line with previous
sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:59   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Both the colours r very much available but only on confirmed order...i luvd the showroom pics of sardinia red storme but wanted to see someone owning this particular shade write a review..
I test drove a Sardinia red vehicle at the now extinct ABS motors Gurgaon. It was also on my preferred list -- I quite liked the colour but ultimately went with Urban Bronze.
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:05   #2893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I test drove a Sardinia red vehicle at the now extinct ABS motors Gurgaon. It was also on my preferred list -- I quite liked the colour but ultimately went with Urban Bronze.
I loved the colour too..it looked really majestic on tjis beast but im apprehensive about the resale factor as tata as it is do not enjoy an upper hand as far as the resale is concerned. I believe even i would end up buying a UB curbing my first choice
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:34   #2894
BHPian

Quote:
...im apprehensive about the resale factor as tata as it is do not enjoy an upper hand as far as the resale is concerned.
Resale is never a criteria in my mind when I am buying a vehicle. I always think of long term ownership. My Wagon R is now over 10 years / 175,000 km and IMO it has another 1-2 years in it.

Coming to reasons why I did not buy the red, from one angle there was a red reflection from the bonnet on the windshield, Especially when you are looking left and forward. See if such a thing bugs you as well.

The second reason of course was that bronze had more votes in the extended family.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 03:16   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Resale is never a criteria in my mind when I am buying a vehicle. I always think of long term ownership. My Wagon R is now over 10 years / 175,000 km and IMO it has another 1-2 years in it.

Coming to reasons why I did not buy the red, from one angle there was a red reflection from the bonnet on the windshield, Especially when you are looking left and forward. See if such a thing bugs you as well.

The second reason of course was that bronze had more votes in the extended family.
Thanks bro. I usually drive my cars for a maximum of 5 years and i would feel happy if they do not lose much value in the run. Having said that, i would accept that Storme is one machine thats making me defy all logics and reasoning and i have kinda finalised the beast. Would u mind telling me how good is it if im driving it for about 50 kms per day in delhi ncr traffic conditions with only 30 percent of it on open roads..would the clutch or size be a problem,especially considering the fact that few vehicles like duster and even the old safari clutch used to get so hard with time that one could contemplate a knee replacement along with the clutch assembly too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks