Old 29th June 2014, 10:37   #2956

Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post

One advantage which a 2 WD store ( or any similar vehicle) will have over most sedans is the tremendous low end torque and rear wheel drive

An open question to all who might have experienced it. Does Storme being a RWD also mean that it will have loose front in surfaces like snow. Hence for all the forum members who are looking to be adventurous, the VX 4x4 becomes a default.

I remember having tried to help my friends BMW Z4 out of the snow. The only thing that car could do is change it's nose end from one direction to the other, without moving an inch from it was. My rather pedestrian FWD 12 year old Corolla went through just fine 😂
Old 29th June 2014, 11:26   #2957

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

A 4x4 is indeed the one to go for. Some kind of a visual differentiation and probably a sporty feel to the vehicle would make it so much more interesting for me.
Old 29th June 2014, 17:04   #2958

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Couple of things

Give my reference to Sachin Tyagi

Say himanshu goswami bought storme thru him from Aristo motors and he should match the deal

Also discount offered is ludicrous

Just to give some perspective I got almost 40 k cash discount, explorer edition audio with 4 speakers free and fifth alloy free- cumulative worth 70 k

All this when I didn't even take insurance from dealer since my company covers it under lease

Please check with some other dealers as well and if you are anyways planning for del regn then you should talk to Aristo. Another bhpian Gaurav also bought his storme from them last week and we can help you get a good deal

PS- mine was a factory fresh piece so it's not like I got the discount because of old dealer stock. In fact dealer didn't have pearl white and had to order it. Mine is June 14 manufactured
Thanks a ton bro. Will meet him and give your reference soon. I would be buying insurance from the dealer as 32000 for 3 years zero dep is definitely a good deal. And if I could manage those extra discounts and freebees that you had got i.e explorer edition system with speakers and alloy apart from the 40k cash discount, i owe you a ride on my brand new truck as soon as its out of the showroom . I am most probably going for UB or SARDINIA RED( i just fell in love with the colour when i saw the pics posted by @Raja and @Gurrala. Variant would be EX for sure.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 17:04   #2959

Did the first highway drove on the Storne. Got FE of 15.7kpl with speeds under 100 kph and both ACS on full time. This was measured over a 350 km round trip today
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 20:16   #2960

Did the first highway drove on the Storne. Got FE of 15.7kpl with speeds under 100 kph and both ACS on full time. This was measured over a 350 km round trip today
Congrats himanshugoswami on the Safari Storme. Happy Driving !
Thats a indeed good FE from Storme.

RJ
roadjourno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 22:22   #2961

Nice ride himanshu, you made the truck stand on its legs in the first week itself.

@stormed: i too got discounts similar to what himanshu has got from aristo motors. Please get quotes from a couple of dealers, based on my experience i have seen variation in registration and amc charges in different dealer quotes. I had quotes from three dealers for comparison and eventually went with the one who offered a better deal on accessories and stuff and dealt with me better personally. I too got the ice, 5 alloys, mats, deity for free in addition to dealer discount, corporate discount and a rounding off discount.

Check with aristo motors gurgaon and you can speAk with ajay there, give him himanshu's and my reference. I am sure you will get a good deal than this one.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 02:05   #2962

Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Nice ride himanshu, you made the truck stand on its legs in the first week itself.

@stormed: i too got discounts similar to what himanshu has got from aristo motors. Please get quotes from a couple of dealers, based on my experience i have seen variation in registration and amc charges in different dealer quotes. I had quotes from three dealers for comparison and eventually went with the one who offered a better deal on accessories and stuff and dealt with me better personally. I too got the ice, 5 alloys, mats, deity for free in addition to dealer discount, corporate discount and a rounding off discount.

Check with aristo motors gurgaon and you can speAk with ajay there, give him himanshu's and my reference. I am sure you will get a good deal than this one.
Thanks a lot. Can you please elaborate if you got 5 alloys or only the fifth alloy complementary. And also did u get the speakers and the touchscreen ICE ? What was the dealer discount that you got ? I have noticed that the moment TATA introduces some scheme , these dealers stop giving the discount or give a meagre amount which in my case was 4500.
Old 30th June 2014, 05:38   #2963

13 months & 20k on the clock. All is well

Prerana motors had send across their SA for a routine check. This was for all vehicles less than 18 months.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 10:22   #2964

Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Thanks a lot. Can you please elaborate if you got 5 alloys or only the fifth alloy complementary. And also did u get the speakers and the touchscreen ICE ? What was the dealer discount that you got ? I have noticed that the moment TATA introduces some scheme , these dealers stop giving the discount or give a meagre amount which in my case was 4500.
Got 5 alloys at the price of 4, ICE with 4 speakers. All depends on the dealer in terms of discounts and freebies. Aristo is relatively new in the market and all other dealers in Gurgaon dont have a good standing in the market, thus it is offering relatively better service.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 11:03   #2965

Took some snaps of my Storme yesterday; posting them here for all of you, please ignore the quality as I had to compress the images to reduce them to <1 Mb size and they were taken from my humble 5 MP BB cam.

In all its glory

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-selfie.jpg

Comparo with the Cheetah

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-comparo.jpg

TBHP Decals

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-rear.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-rhs-profile.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-lhs-profile.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-key-ring.jpg

Black and Beige Interiors go well with the similar shade seat covers

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-interior.jpg
garyag79 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 11:30   #2966

looking good Gaurav......So are you getting that Guard . BTW Ajay called to say my fifth alloy has come, so pleas check for yours as well.
Old 30th June 2014, 11:58   #2967

Visited pandit auto couple of days back to enquire about the zest and could not help myself from checking out the storme....and boy doesnt she look magnificent *thumbs up*
But what i noticed was that the music system has been taken out of all the versions not even the vx has it...so not blue tooth..

Himanshugoswami great to know about your storme's mileage. *thumbs up*

Now i am tempted as the ex is for 12.3 on road pimpri chinchwad and also good discounts on offer

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only 2 smileys are allowed per post. Please read the Announcements before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th June 2014 at 17:38. Reason: see note in post :)
Old 1st July 2014, 09:19   #2968

Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Took some snaps of my Storme yesterday; posting them here for all of you, please ignore the quality as I had to compress the images to reduce them to <1 Mb size and they were taken from my humble 5 MP BB cam.

In all its glory

Attachment 1256214

Comparo with the Cheetah

Attachment 1256220

TBHP Decals

Attachment 1256216

Attachment 1256215

Attachment 1256217

Attachment 1256218

Black and Beige Interiors go well with the similar shade seat covers

Attachment 1256219
Your storme looks butch and mean bro..i would have loved to go for white too but my better half has warned me against it for the reason that she has got terribly bored with sitting in my white dzire for the past six years . I have my heart set on sardinia red, only want to see a bit used one to figure out how the colour looks after a bit of use and abuse. Anyways, congrats for your ride once again..

I would like to ask this question to all fellow tbhpians especially seniors. My friend has a 2013 model storme vx 2 wd. The vehicle is facing a left pull problem and despite many trips to the TASS, which included- balancing, allignments, rotations, steering check etc , the problem either continues or crops up soon after the visit. What could be the reason behind this infamous left pull in storme and how to go about rectifying it?

And to keep the engine healthy, like Ford recommends for their vehicles, revv it at 3k rpm for 30 seconds, once a week
Is that to be done while idling or running ?

May you be blessed with a million trouble free miles on your beast

So you finally got one! Congrats!!

What was the final deal you got and which dealer?
I have not yet taken the plunge. Not getting time to visit gurgaon for aristo. But would surely be checking it out soon. As of now, i am thinking of going to oberoi motors ,noida again and give your reference to mr. Tyagi ,asking him to match the deal. I had asked him to show me the red colour in flesh, be it at their yard but the staple answer i got was "sir aaj take ek bhi nahi bechi maine , order par milegi but dekhne ke liye nahi available hai " . Anybody you know who has got this particular shade on his storme?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st July 2014 at 09:46. Reason: back to back posts
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 09:37   #2969

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

So you finally got one! Congrats!!

What was the final deal you got and which dealer?

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 1st July 2014 at 09:38.
Old 1st July 2014, 09:48   #2970

I love the looks of the Storme but the almost spartan interiors are a shocking revelation given the price of the car. The steering wheel especially.