Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 12:47   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
A big hearty thanks to the fellow members @himanshugoswami and @garyag79 for recommending ARISTO motors. It was a pleasant surprise considering that they represent TATA motors. Mr. Ajay could not make it personally as he had some personal problem at home and infact, was very apologetic about it over phone. He had sent over another colleague Mr. Ashish who was equally courteous and a pleasure to discuss and deal with. Someone coming over all the way from Gurgaon to Noida only for a "prospective" deal , that too right on time, was commendable. My 98% possibility of buying this beast has added another 1% only because of the wonderful attitude of these guys. Once again, thanks to both of you
Most welcome..... Now we are waiting to hear the good news
Old 7th July 2014, 10:28   #3002
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
A big hearty thanks to the fellow members @himanshugoswami and @garyag79 for recommending ARISTO motors. It was a pleasant surprise considering that they represent TATA motors. Mr. Ajay could not make it personally as he had some personal problem at home and infact, was very apologetic about it over phone. He had sent over another colleague Mr. Ashish who was equally courteous and a pleasure to discuss and deal with. Someone coming over all the way from Gurgaon to Noida only for a "prospective" deal , that too right on time, was commendable. My 98% possibility of buying this beast has added another 1% only because of the wonderful attitude of these guys. Once again, thanks to both of you
Most welcome Saqib...doing it out of selfish interest so that my nudge guard comes free......hope you get the truck soon.
Old 7th July 2014, 16:39   #3003
BHPian

2000 KM update:

Almost 4 weeks of Storme ownership and I have reached 2000 mark. No squeaks, rattles or any other issue. The gear shifts, clutch have become smoother after first service and I expect the drive to get better as mileage increases. Took the Storme beyond 100 km/h for the first time and maxed atl 110 Km/h and noticed a small play in the steering, must be balancing issue that I will get checked from an independent tyre shop.

Mileage has improved slightly to 11 kmpl with 100% city driving in 100% AC.

Queries:

1) I am keeping the tyre pressure to 34psi on all 4 wheels, is it fine or should I reduce it to 32. My drive is mostly on well paved smooth Delhi roads.

2) Is it still early to shampoo my car as it is just a month old. It is all the time parked under shade, be it office or home.

Thanks.

Last edited by garyag79 : 7th July 2014 at 16:41.
Old 7th July 2014, 18:23   #3004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
2000 KM update:

Almost 4 weeks of Storme ownership and I have reached 2000 mark. No squeaks, rattles or any other issue. The gear shifts, clutch have become smoother after first service and I expect the drive to get better as mileage increases. Took the Storme beyond 100 km/h for the first time and maxed atl 110 Km/h and noticed a small play in the steering, must be balancing issue that I will get checked from an independent tyre shop.

Mileage has improved slightly to 11 kmpl with 100% city driving in 100% AC.

Queries:

1) I am keeping the tyre pressure to 34psi on all 4 wheels, is it fine or should I reduce it to 32. My drive is mostly on well paved smooth Delhi roads.

2) Is it still early to shampoo my car as it is just a month old. It is all the time parked under shade, be it office or home.

Thanks.
Gaurav, how was the experience with Aristo service center? I am closing in on 1000 kms after 10 days of ownership and willl take the storme for service around the 1500 mark. I too am experiencing a sound upon clutch release.

was your issue sorted?

As re the Tyre pressure, my advice would be to stick to the manufacturer recommended values, unless you are going offroad, in which case you may want to reduce tyre pressure a bit.
Old 7th July 2014, 18:39   #3005
BHPian

Himanshu, my xperience with aristo was very good . Infact i had mentioned it in one of my post on this thread. Ajay had recommended me to meet gurukripa at the service center who took good care. Infact sasi on the forum too has gone today to aristo instead of concorde and hope he too had a good xperience.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 18:45   #3006
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that Bro. Hope they can maintain the standards. I will update my experience next week as well.

BTW, did you get your alloy?
Old 7th July 2014, 22:03   #3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vikram Mehra - from your posts, I understand that you will be driving in the mountains, therefore 4*4 is required. When you will get stuck in the middle of nowhere with no other vehicle in sight, only 4*4 will get you out of trouble. Please believe me, I have got out of numerous situations in numerous locations only because of 4*4, particularly low range.

Using low range with 2.48:1 reduction ratio is an experience that you must go through, you will cherish it forever. It's not only about getting unstuck, the real relevation will come when you interplay the transmission / transfer case combinations to get the exact output performance that you want in a particular terrain, that's what sets 4*4 apart, in a class of its own.

Your call! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks Behram Dhabhar and Stormerider for your valuable suggestions.
The heart has outweighed the brain this time.
The decision is made and I have finally decided to go in for a 4x4 Pearl white.
The dealer has promised to give me a three year zero dep policy (National insurance) for a payment of Rs 28000/-.
Is it worthwhile to go in for this policy or is it better to go in for the Rs 40000 cash back offer.
I personally feel that though the insurance is tempting, but I am a bit skeptical about 'National insurance'.
Suggestions please.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th July 2014 at 23:48. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:22   #3008
BHPian

Got my 3rd Service at 15069km done today at Aristo Motors, Old Gurgaon. The place is a little inside the village and its on the busy Sheetla Mandir Rd., so I suggest that those planning to go there try and reach early enough to avoid the crowd. I reached at 11:15AM after a botched attempt to get it serviced at Concorde Motors Mohan Estate. More about that later. Thanks to garyag79 for giving me Mr Gurukripa's number. A call to him was enough to get me scheduled in at the last minute.
So, here's the quick report:
1. The SA got the oil wrong; its not Petronas but Exxon Mobil Super 1000TM 15W-40. 7.5Ltr. He got a hearing from the SE and Supervisor for giving wrong information. He also got the cost wrong (had said Rs.1200.00). Final Cost: Rs.2121.52.
2. Oil Filter: Rs.213.92
3. Air Filter: Rs. 687.74
4. Diesel Filter: Rs. 1615.03
5. Wheel Alignment: Rs. 622.50
6. Wheel Balancing: 664.00
GRAND TOTAL WITH TAXES: Rs. 6,666.00.
Out of the above, the air filter was not mandatory, but considering the dusty roads that I have been driving in, I thought it better to change it. Service experience was good, with hardly any cars in for service today, probably due to being Monday. The workshop is kept very clean and well organized with enough space to handle cars without those rash mechanics damaging anything. Customer facilities and lounge etc is very basic and not really something very comfortable (unlike Hyundai and Maruti etc). The washing bay etc was kept clean, but they didn't have their dry cleaning staff in place, so the seats were not done. Have promised me the same as soon as I want to. That was a bit of a spoiler.
So guys, anyone in Delhi-Gurgaon with a TATA product can very safely go to Aristo instead of the overcrowded Concorde or the indifferent Dhingra.

Last edited by sasi405 : 7th July 2014 at 22:25. Reason: Missed information.
sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 12:07   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
1. The SA got the oil wrong; its not Petronas but Exxon Mobil Super 1000TM 15W-40. 7.5Ltr. He got a hearing from the SE and Supervisor for giving wrong information. He also got the cost wrong (had said Rs.1200.00). Final Cost: Rs.2121.52.
If it was Petronas Urania Supremo CI4+ then it was better oil then Exxon Mobil Super 1000TM ( CH4) , However Petronas Urania Tubo is lower grade and should not be filled
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
4. Diesel Filter: Rs. 1615.03
I see that Diesel filter price has reduced by some 200 Rs or may be it's cheaper in Delhi / NCR. I think Diesel filter is same TVS Delphi filter and change interval should be 30,000 KM and there was no need to change in 15K. Can someone confirm what does the booklet say ?
Old 8th July 2014, 12:27   #3010
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram mehra View Post
Thanks Behram Dhabhar and Stormerider for your valuable suggestions.
The heart has outweighed the brain this time.
The decision is made and I have finally decided to go in for a 4x4 Pearl white.
The dealer has promised to give me a three year zero dep policy (National insurance) for a payment of Rs 28000/-.
Is it worthwhile to go in for this policy or is it better to go in for the Rs 40000 cash back offer.
I personally feel that though the insurance is tempting, but I am a bit skeptical about 'National insurance'.
Suggestions please.
Make sure you are there during PDI. Many of these workshop guys engage 4x4 on tarmac and then rip at 100+ during PDI.
Sit with the guy during PDI
Old 8th July 2014, 13:08   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I think Diesel filter is same TVS Delphi filter and change interval should be 30,000 KM and there was no need to change in 15K. Can someone confirm what does the booklet say ?
no - the interval is 15k kms for the Storme
Old 8th July 2014, 13:26   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
If it was Petronas Urania Supremo CI4+ then it was better oil then Exxon Mobil Super 1000TM ( CH4) , However Petronas Urania Tubo is lower grade and should not be filled

I see that Diesel filter price has reduced by some 200 Rs or may be it's cheaper in Delhi / NCR. I think Diesel filter is same TVS Delphi filter and change interval should be 30,000 KM and there was no need to change in 15K. Can someone confirm what does the booklet say ?
Regarding the oil, the SA was mistaken. I don't think he was trained enough to understand the difference between the Storme and some other car. He was quoting 1200/- for 5 litres, whereas it is clearly written that one needs 7.5 litres. Later on, when I caught him with inconsistencies, he called the head of service.

The interval for the diesel filter mentioned in my booklet is indeed 30,000KM. However, they told me that there is a new circular according to which it has been revised to 15,000KM. It didn't bother me much, so I decided to go ahead anyway. And yes, it is the TVS Delphi filter.
Old 8th July 2014, 16:19   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Make sure you are there during PDI. Many of these workshop guys engage 4x4 on tarmac and then rip at 100+ during PDI.
Sit with the guy during PDI
Is there a way of checking whether this has not been done earlier, or when they take it to RTO for registration? I mean, they can do this when they bring the vehicle from their yard to the showroom?
Old 8th July 2014, 16:27   #3014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Is there a way of checking whether this has not been done earlier, or when they take it to RTO for registration? I mean, they can do this when they bring the vehicle from their yard to the showroom?
No way of checking anything. So you minimize the chances by being with the vehicle as much as possible!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 01:09   #3015
BHPian

Suggestions please.[/quote]
Please check the amount. I have been offered the same zero dep offer for 23000 whereas a normal comprehensive one is for 10000 this month. Cash in lieu of this offer is 40000 only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks