Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 13:17   #3016
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram mehra View Post
I have finally decided to go in for a 4x4 Pearl white.
Dear Vikram Mehra - you have taken the correct decision. It is essential that you fully understand the tremendous potency of having high and low range 4*4, only then you will enjoy it's glorious capabilities. For any information that you want, please do let me know, it will be my pleasure to help you.

Best of luck and best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 9th July 2014, 15:17   #3017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Please check the amount. I have been offered the same zero dep offer for 23000 whereas a normal comprehensive one is for 10000 this month. Cash in lieu of this offer is 40000 only.
Please check the IDV value many times private insurer offers lower IDV to give lower quote and you need to check the fineprint.

I do not think you can get comprehensive for a 10+ Lakh vehicle for 10K Rs in any case.
Old 9th July 2014, 15:55   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Please check the IDV value many times private insurer offers lower IDV to give lower quote and you need to check the fineprint.

I do not think you can get comprehensive for a 10+ Lakh vehicle for 10K Rs in any case.
I crossed check with my Sales advisor. He confirmed that its the promotional scheme launched by TATA motors. Its a 3 year free insurance Offer for safari storme (on a payment of 10k in case of normal insurance and 23k for zero dep) . Incase someone does not want to take this offer and wishes to go for insurance on his own , the company is giving a cash discount of 40k .
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 17:03   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Buddy , please post the pics of your PC storme. Have seen the professionally taken pics of the colour , would love to see how it looks otherwise . thanks
Condor has already posted a beautiful front pic, here are more for you.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7296.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7274.jpg
YGarg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 11:20   #3020
BHPian

Well first squeak heard yesterday. I guess it is coming from the tailgate and from the left hand side, so it must be the clip. It comes only when that side of the Storme moves horizontally while going on uneven roads. Peculiar it is as it comes only when their is slight movement and not when the Storme really shakes sideways on major uneven roads.

Any pointers on why this is happening. I will grease the clip tomorrow and see if it helps.

Interesting:

Yesterday while leaving for office I was following an Ecosport for 1 km out of my apartment parking. A couple of neighbors saw the drive, late last evening they said it seemed as if the monster was about to eat the chicken for breakfast.

Last edited by garyag79 : 11th July 2014 at 11:22.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:41   #3021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Interesting:

Yesterday while leaving for office I was following an Ecosport for 1 km out of my apartment parking. A couple of neighbors saw the drive, late last evening they said it seemed as if the monster was about to eat the chicken for breakfast.
.. had parked my Storme next to a Duster. The Duster also looks small compared to the Storme. Forget the ES !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 13:50   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Duster also looks small compared to the Storme. Forget the ES !
Though no offense meant to anyone. Even a SUV like fortuner looks smaller from Drivers seat of storme (though it is not). It is just the height of storme which creates the illusion in this case
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 14:54   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Though no offense meant to anyone. Even a SUV like fortuner looks smaller from Drivers seat of storme (though it is not). It is just the height of storme which creates the illusion in this case
Talking about height, I took my Storme to DLF Promenade at Vasant Kunj and entered the basement parking of a mall for the first time in it. I was oblivious to the Storme's height and was looking for a parking spot. Didnt realized that the HVAC ducting and parking signage are kind of hanging low with respect to the Storme's height. The arial brushed against them a couple of times and then I had to flatten it on the roof and at one point the roof scrapped the One Way signage.

After I had parked, I saw Fortuners Pajeros parked in the basement and wondered if they scrapped too. Got to get rid of my hatchback and sedan habit asap.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 15:22   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
The arial brushed against them a couple of times and then I had to flatten it on the roof and at one point the roof scrapped the One Way signage.
Thanks for this . Never knew that aerial can be flattened on the roof. This has become a daily affair for me since my office parking lot has all pipes mounted on the roof and the aerial brushes on the roof as a daily routine. I was wondering how to solve the problem since in the long run it might damage my aerial
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 15:46   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Does the position of the aerial - upright or flattened - affect the reception on the radio? Asking because with the roof rack I have had to kaap it upright to clear the rack - rather than the almost flattened position I used to keep it at before.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:05   #3026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Even a SUV like fortuner looks smaller from Drivers seat of storme (though it is not). It is just the height of storme which creates the illusion in this case
Forgot to mention .. the Storme does have presence. Was actually surprised when I saw another Storme coming towards me.
Havent compared with a Fortuner, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Does the position of the aerial - upright or flattened - affect the reception on the radio?
I had posted in the Duster thread .. keeping the antenna flat does not affect reception.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:10   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Forgot to mention .. the Storme does have presence. Was actually surprised when I saw another Storme coming towards me.
I cannot resist the urge to give approaching Storme driver a slight nod or a big thums up (depending on time of day, energy levels, and mood) whenever such happens.

Quote:
I had posted in the Duster thread .. keeping the antenna flat does not affect reception.
But what about flat under a rack, and then a rack with luggage and tarp? Will that affect signal?
Old 11th July 2014, 16:20   #3028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
But what about flat under a rack, and then a rack with luggage and tarp? Will that affect signal?
That may be at least as good as / not worse than an internal antenna ?

Then again, havent tried that. But I keep the antenna on my Storme flat at all times.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:47   #3029
BHPian

I live in a fringe area, hence can say that there IS a difference in reception of antenna in flat / upright position. Usually it can be left upright as it is flexible (bends without damage when passing under low beams / barriers) and looks better. However if you happen to reverse the car under obstructing barriers (like the gate of my garage), the antenna won't find it as comfortable to bend forward and will make sounds.
So I don't keep it erect all the time.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 22:49   #3030
Senior - BHPian

after completing a 1000 kms, i see a distinct change in the beast. the gears have become smoother, but the engine is running a bit coarse. time for a service next week. I also have that infamous "tak" sound in the clutch. did the other members get their's resolved, and if yes what was the cause?

on some roads, i detect a slight pull to the left- not sure if its the camber of the road or a wheel alignment issue. i think its the latter since i dont feel that in my other cars. will get the alignment checked from a tyre shop post the service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks