Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 22:58   #3031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
after completing a 1000 kms, i see a distinct change in the beast. the gears have become smoother, but the engine is running a bit coarse. time for a service next week.

on some roads, i detect a slight pull to the left- not sure if its the camber of the road or a wheel alignment issue.
Engine oil + oil filter + air filter change will get your beast back on track with the smoothness.

Hope the road wasn't angled in the direction of the pull?!

Do get the alignment checked to get things sorted.

Anurag.
Old 11th July 2014, 23:56   #3032
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
on some roads, i detect a slight pull to the left- not sure if its the camber of the road or a wheel alignment issue. i think its the latter since i dont feel that in my other cars. will get the alignment checked from a tyre shop post the service.
I was having this issue from day 1. car always pulling to left though it was slight/minor. Deliberately did not get this checked from TASC since i rely more on outside tyre service centers. After the 1st service took the beast to MADHUS - got the tyres aligned, removed normal air and filled with nitrogen. Now i dont get any left pulling issue.

BTW completed almost 2200 kms on ODO today. Beast is giving me mileage of max. 11 kmpl with 50% highway and 50% city driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Engine oil + oil filter + air filter change will get your beast back on track with the smoothness.
If i understood this correctly are you recommending this for the first service? All these things are not mentioned in the owner's manual for 1st service, neither during my first service oil or filter was changed!

Last edited by lazybrain : 12th July 2014 at 00:01.
Old 12th July 2014, 00:34   #3033
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post

If i understood this correctly are you recommending this for the first service? All these things are not mentioned in the owner's manual for 1st service, neither during my first service oil or filter was changed!
Yes buddy, I am recommending to change them at 1000 kms. I know Tata doesn't give this in the schedule but I suggest to change it proactively.

MASS too never says to change them at 1000 kms but I did change them proactively. Helps a bit in long-run.

Anurag.
Old 12th July 2014, 02:12   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
White looks best on it Himannshu in my opinion followed by black. Good to know yours is happening tomorrow, that means my spare alloy rim has also come.

Thanks madhu, had a Firefox MTB initially but it soon gave way to the Bianchi, the roadie is with me now for last 3 years, it loves the Delhi roads.
Off topic, but yeah white does look on storme and makes it look truly huge. I saw a white storme with that explorer decal ( somehow i liked it on white storme) and a front bonnet spoiler, a new accessory launched by TMIL for storme. I although saw it from some distance but man, it was looking fantastic. Do check that spoiler out.
Old 12th July 2014, 02:20   #3035
BHPian

Can someone please help with a detailed list of all GOLD AMC options provided by TATA for storme pertaining to different number of years and kilometres. I am interested in gold amc and all the dealers have tried to push for a different years/km combo. My past usage on a dzire has been around 50000 km in 3 years, which package would suit me more. I hope i am making some sense here. Would appreciate an excel kind of format consisting of all the available options in gold AMC. thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 08:36   #3036
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review

Visited Concorde Motors Baner yesterday took a quote for the Storme EX.Following are a few details:

On road price: 12,32,000/- appx.

Discount 40K + 15K corporate.

By paying about 19K i was offered three years of zero depreciation insurance (thats a saving of almost 1 Lac in three years as the insurance premium is 44K appx yearly)

Then loan from SBI was a mouth watering offer too.

I guess Storme is coming home albeit a pleasant one.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:28   #3037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Can someone please help with a detailed list of all GOLD AMC options provided by TATA for storme pertaining to different number of years and kilometres. I am interested in gold amc and all the dealers have tried to push for a different years/km combo. My past usage on a dzire has been around 50000 km in 3 years, which package would suit me more. I hope i am making some sense here. Would appreciate an excel kind of format consisting of all the available options in gold AMC. thanks
Dealers usually have set packages, try getting in touch with local tata executive. Amc is a customizable product and typically used to cost 85paisa per km of coverage.
I have a 4yr/1lac km gold Amc. If you need details search the thread, as it has been discussed in detail.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:42   #3038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Off topic, but yeah white does look on storme and makes it look truly huge. I saw a white storme with that explorer decal ( somehow i liked it on white storme) and a front bonnet spoiler, a new accessory launched by TMIL for storme. I although saw it from some distance but man, it was looking fantastic. Do check that spoiler out.
I saw a Storme with the hood deflector you are talking about. I did not like the design though. Did not gel with the bonnet and looked too bulky. Any idea how much it costs?
Old 12th July 2014, 15:03   #3039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I saw a Storme with the hood deflector you are talking about. I did not like the design though. Did not gel with the bonnet and looked too bulky. Any idea how much it costs?
Hood deflector costs around Rs.4000 in Bangalore

BTW i received an email from concorde motors on list of Safari Storme exclusive accessories along with pricing (in Bangalore). Thought I will post here for benefit of members:

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-untitled.jpg
lazybrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:04   #3040
BHPian

TYVEK BODY COVER AT rs 3700/- is very very low pricing indeed for a vehicle size of the STORME.
I know that many sites are selling the smaller car covers at rs 4000-5000 levels.
So that is indeed very sensible pricing .
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:07   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Value Care (AMC) Program provides different options as per your requirements and start at 10,000Km/1Yr. up to 1,00,000Km/5 Yr in Gold Package. Kms. can be selected at your choice in iterations of 10,000 and similarly you can select the duration.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:37   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Tata Value Care (AMC) Program provides different options as per your requirements and start at 10,000Km/1Yr. up to 1,00,000Km/5 Yr in Gold Package. Kms. can be selected at your choice in iterations of 10,000 and similarly you can select the duration.
Precisely , n that is the list of options i am looking for ? because most of the dealers are adamant of pushing the option that they have or relying on our knowledge . So if we have a list of all the km/time Amc options, we can choose which one we want to opt for . Anybody can help with that?
Old 12th July 2014, 19:47   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Precisely , n that is the list of options i am looking for ? because most of the dealers are adamant of pushing the option that they have or relying on our knowledge . So if we have a list of all the km/time Amc options, we can choose which one we want to opt for . Anybody can help with that?
Pls search in this thread, I had posted this earlier and tsk had edited it and made it into a nice chart
Old 12th July 2014, 20:23   #3044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Pls search in this thread, I had posted this earlier and tsk had edited it and made it into a nice chart
I tried to look for it but couldn't find it. Would Really appreciate if you could post the link.
Old 13th July 2014, 00:28   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
I tried to look for it but couldn't find it. Would Really appreciate if you could post the link.
Here it is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3189904

I guess this was the post @Narayan was referring to!
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks