Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2014, 00:37   #3046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Here it is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3189904

I guess this was the post @Narayan was referring to!
Thanks, that is precisely what i had been looking for. Thats one steep hike if u compare the 40k with 50k option. It should be because of the extensive 45k service mark and the possibilities of clutch replacement by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp - from one bawaji to another, thank you for your gracious appreciation. What I did to your car was to quietly talk to it, it told me what was troubling it, we corrected it by doing exactly what was required, so it is working properly now. . Good things are worth having in life, your vehicle is one of them.
Reminds me of "THE HORSE WHISPERER"

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th July 2014 at 21:47. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 06:44   #3047
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

@Lazybrain, that post only has 4 options for the Gold package. There was at least 1 (may be 2) more options for higher running, but very expensive .. almost double.

I may have posted about that in the thread, in April / May 2013, but dont remember exactly now.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 18:44   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Just got back from 4700km round trip to Laddakh, and should i say I am really satisfied with everything. to TATA. The power & Torque in 1 & 2 gear is so good that it can bring you out of every situation (sand pits, slush, steep inclines, water/river crossings etc.).

Though I lost two tyres, because of a small mishap on NH1 near Kurukshetra rest all was good. Nobody was hurt except the the tyres! Now am in a dilemma as I will be changing 2 tyres.
Q1) Should I go in for Yokohama geolander or Continental Cross Contact or should i stick to BS Dueller?
Q2) Size - stock(235/70 R16) or wider (255/65 R16)?

My guess is I will put the new tyres at the back as safari is RWD.

Dear Vikram
leh circuit is 90% doable on 4x2 but extra kit is always welcome, just in case! all taxis that run in that area are 2WD. Some off beat route do require 4WD but are less. with 2WD you will always have to be wary of your car's capacity and should always assess the situation. We also avoided some red routes meant for 4WD only. but then there are some which even the 4WD also cant do.
This is great, waiting your TL eagerly now. Just completed a fantastic TL by Tanvir and I am completely stumped by the beauty of photographs shared, it seemed like was travelling with him.

Since yours is most recent one will love to go through your experiences. Please share soon. Never satisfied with Leh TLs & Photographs...want to watch them again & again.

This is one dream destination for which I went for Safari...hoping to plan something soon.
sunit5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 13:17   #3049
BHPian

I have been a very satisfied owner of my 3+ year old Tata Manza.
Past Sunday while picking my Manza back from service at Concorde i came across below Stormes(there were 2 of it). Couldn't resist clicking the pics.
Since Concorde worli service center back yard is Jaguar service center, whenever i am at Concorde worli service centre i always pay a visit to the Jaguars to satisfy my eyes... however this time i was surprised to learn that JAGUAR has now moved to new address in Vikhroli (thereby making space for additional load of the ZEST and The BOLT (My assumption))

As i mentioned i have no lena dena with Storme , but in my heart may be i see my next car in it (2-3 years down the line , currently very happy with the Manza). Every time i spot a Storme , my heart goes ....
I clicked the pics with due permissions from the service center security guard.
Pardon me for very poor photography (also the mobile cam of my S3)
But having taken the pics i had to post it on this thread here for the benefit of my friends here.
The bonet fender is indeed looking very good in reality than in the pics.
It adds that rugged/muscular touch to the otherwise toned down front looks of the SAFARI.
Also do notice the LIGTH FORCE AUX lights and the bull bar on which it is mounted.
This was looking fantastic
ON inquiring about who the owner is (the graphic job looked very good and much better than the explorer edition) i was told that these 2 stormes belonged to TATA MOTORS. Also about the graphic job i was told that these are available with our accessories team at worli showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-front-main.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-front-fender-left-side-view.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-front-fender-right-side-view.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-front-internal.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-side-graphics.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-back-graphics.jpg  

Last edited by madhu33 : 15th July 2014 at 13:22.
madhu33 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 17:56   #3050
BHPian

^^ not sure about the other accessories. But the hood deflector will look good depending on the color of the storme it is being installed. I was in Concorde showroom this weekend at dairy circle. Tried the hood deflector on my pearl white storme and it looks very odd. But the sales guy told me that hood deflector goes well with urban bronze or black storme. Same goes with chrome garnish. Looks odd on pearl white but would look better on urban bronze and black.

Finally I just got the door visor installed on my storme and walked out. Paid around 1800 Rs. Will post the pics of my storme with door visor when I get time
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 16:24   #3051
BHPian

The hood deflector and scoop indeed look cool on the black storme.
However IMHO these accessories are far from practical as the deflector would not only reduce the visibility of nearby objects from drivers' seat, but will also serve as a bin to garbage like falling leaves, dust etc. Aero(NON)dynamics of this vehicle might also be compromised slightly due to these. (Anyway, why do they put a TATA logo & name on all accessories, when we already have a big one on the grill?)
But i'm sure these won't even look good on my PC storme, so no tension

Last edited by YGarg : 16th July 2014 at 16:25.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 17:31   #3052
Senior - BHPian

The 9724 /9726 storme graphics look to be inspired by the Singham movie !
Old 16th July 2014, 18:14   #3053
BHPian

Tata has sponsored vehicles for soon-to-be releasing Singham Returns. Maybe, these vehicles are for promotional events relating to the movie or have been part of the movie.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 22:56   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
However IMHO these accessories are far from practical as the deflector would not only reduce the visibility of nearby objects from drivers' seat, but will also serve as a bin to garbage like falling leaves, dust etc.
Exactly. this is what i pointed out to the Sales guy when he was giving me technical explanation of why hood defector should be installed (though i was not convinced with his explanation) and he never had the answer. forget about falling leaves and dust, for guys like me who rely on car cleaning guys will they even bother to go under the hood deflector and wipe the area with cloth? This hood deflector even though it might look good on your safari, will give you more work to ensure the area is always clean Pay money for the accessory and invite more work! (though to each its own and no offense meant to hood deflector lovers but sincerely its looks superb on dicor but definitely not worth on storme)
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 14:45   #3055
BHPian

Hi All,

Was travelling so coudnt post an update on the squeaking from the tail gate. I greased the U clip with ball bearing grease that I had in the house and it solved the issue. No more squeaks from the tailgate no matter how slow or fast the beast gets rattled horizontally.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:53   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Hi All,

Was travelling so coudnt post an update on the squeaking from the tail gate. I greased the U clip with ball bearing grease that I had in the house and it solved the issue. No more squeaks from the tailgate no matter how slow or fast the beast gets rattled horizontally.
You need to do the insulation tape treatment on all the doors. Trust me, it happened in my vehicle with the tailgate first and then spread to all the doors. So, its better that you wind up some insulation tape on all the U clamps. This is better than grease, as it is clean and there is no chance of it spoiling someone's clothes or hands. Can show it to you (if you decide to meet me on the highway, that is...

On another note, on my drive from Jasola (office) to my site in IP Extension today (a distance of 14 km one way), I came across no less than 6 Stormes! People seem to be warming up to getting a Storme.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:22   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
You need to do the insulation tape treatment on all the doors. Trust me, it happened in my vehicle with the tailgate first and then spread to all the doors. So, its better that you wind up some insulation tape on all the U clamps. This is better than grease, as it is clean and there is no chance of it spoiling someone's clothes or hands. Can show it to you (if you decide to meet me on the highway, that is...

On another note, on my drive from Jasola (office) to my site in IP Extension today (a distance of 14 km one way), I came across no less than 6 Stormes! People seem to be warming up to getting a Storme.
Please dont scare me, I was told by Concorde guys that all U clamps have been changed and the Stormes being delivered since April 14 do not have this issue.

Me too saw 2 brand new Stormes yesterday, one PW at the daaru stop just after Toll towards Fdbd and an UB one at Genpact with xplorer decals.
Old 17th July 2014, 18:43   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
You need to do the insulation tape treatment on all the doors. Trust me, it happened in my vehicle with the tailgate first and then spread to all the doors.
I agree. whenver i report this at the TASS, i presume they were greasing it and the problem comes up again after 3-4 days.

In my case, I noticed the sound was more from the middle row locking mechanism on the left side ( not sure why everyone had this problem only on the left side ). I put insulation tape on that bolt where the seat back gets locked and the squeaks have gone for now

But one thing to note is that it becomes difficult to open the doors if you put tape on the U bolts. Are you guys also facing the same issue
Old 18th July 2014, 15:36   #3059
Senior - BHPian

Purely my personal opinion, bu the hood deflector design chosen just does not look good on the Storme. Leaving out the smily grille, one of the design USP's of the Storme for me and my family was the very Range Roverish square tall front end. This deflector is taking away from that instead of accentuating it. Again, just my personal aesthetic opinion here. Oh, and I do not like the scoop either. The Storme anyways has a very nice (and subtle) power bulge there. This simply hides it. I like the lights, but the bull bar is really too Karol Bagh meets Nana Peth for my sensibilities.
ebonho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 22:18   #3060

To me design looks very hideous of hood deflector may be because of overdone modification on the front (scoop , hitler resembling moustache bull-guard).
The old 2.2 looks bit better compared to storme with the deflector , though i never faced any issue on my old car where my car hood got pelted by stones or bugs while driving.

If required I will go for some alternative like placing a body color tape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks