Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:05   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

As far as i have learnt both Power and torque would be increased, which will be very nice! Also launch may happen by Dec-Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
But does anybody have any idea of what these changes are going to be.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:14   #3377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
As far as i have learnt both Power and torque would be increased, which will be very nice! Also launch may happen by Dec-Jan.
Thats It! I thought that its going to get new interiors with ACC, similar to the one in the Aria, and maybe an auto transmission as well. And is not dec-Jan launch timeline too far down the line.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:24   #3378
Senior - BHPian

Yup, better interiors, 6speed transmission and new front grill. these i know off maybe their will be more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Thats It! I thought that its going to get new interiors with ACC, similar to the one in the Aria, and maybe an auto transmission as well. And is not dec-Jan launch timeline too far down the line.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:53   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I somehow liked the panel when it was completely in Black
I did too. Was wondering, is the same sort of finish possible with those vinyl wraps which guys use to customize their bikes and cars with? Will the lettering (STORME, etc.) show through the wrap? Is your plasti dip a reversible peel-off layer as well? Or is it permanent?

I think the chrome strip behind breaks the monotony, provides a contrast, especially in a black Storme. Matte black on that would merge with the matte black fiber panel above it.

But the front chrome lip is too wide and would really look nice matte black (with embossed lettering) against a shiny black bonnet of the Storme. In fact, I am thinking of getting the grille painted matte black as well (the current OE is a bluish silver).

Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by ebonho : 22nd September 2014 at 16:04.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:40   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Please note that you would not get the current mouth watering discounts ( Close to 1,20,000) on the refreshed model. Also, as far as I have read the changes are not ground breaking.
Is there really a 1.2 L discount on the Storme ? I would seriously consider one if there is.

As per http://cars.tatamotors.com/corporate-offers-september/ , Benefits of Rs 95,000 is for Safari Dicor LX variant, Ex- Delhi

Other websites like KHT motors state a cash discount of 40K, see http://www.khtmotors.com/tata_safaristorme.htm .
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:59   #3381
Senior - BHPian

Yup, even my friend was offered just 40k discount in Mangalore dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is there really a 1.2 L discount on the Storme ? I would seriously consider one if there is.

As per http://cars.tatamotors.com/corporate-offers-september/ , Benefits of Rs 95,000 is for Safari Dicor LX variant, Ex- Delhi

Other websites like KHT motors state a cash discount of 40K, see http://www.khtmotors.com/tata_safaristorme.htm .
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:06   #3382
Senior - BHPian

So are they phasing out Safari Dicor 2.2? What will take its place? Is a cheaper version of Storme in the offing? Some time back there was a report (link from some other auto blog) that Tata is working to improve Safari Dicor also.
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:40   #3383
Senior - BHPian

I'm eagerly waiting for the facelift too. Hope the changes are for good and price remains the same.
There is a cash discount of 40k or 3 years insurance for 10k which is about 95k. Also 10k exchange bonus. All in Bangalore.
Any concrete news about the update?
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 11:56   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
There is a cash discount of 40k or 3 years insurance for 10k which is about 95k.
If 3 years insurance payment is made at one shot, what happens in case a claim is made in the first year ? Does one need to pay beyond the 10 k paid initially ?
Old 24th September 2014, 19:04   #3385
BHPian

As shared on a different thread, repeating my post here. Came across this post on another forum. Thought of sharing here.

Quote:
Today I just came to know from a senior guy in Tata SUV division that launch might be around January end. All variants will get airbags and inbuilt music systems.with top variant having 8 airbags and sunroof. Interior will also be changed. Land rover engineers have helped in updates as per him.
sachinayak is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 19:51   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
As shared on a different thread, repeating my post here. Came across this post on another forum. Thought of sharing here.
Those are significant changes. From the kind of kit they are adding as standard, prices might move upwards or stay as is without discounts. Latter option is less likely. Tata will take this opportunity to hike prices and can always play the discount card in case sales are not good.
Old 24th September 2014, 22:14   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
There has been so many rumors in the recent months, it is difficult to keep a track. First there was the forward facing 3rd row, Harman ICE in top spec - in between heard about ACC and now airbags/ICE across variants. And the time they are taking to bring in these changes are never-ending.
Old 25th September 2014, 09:39   #3388
Senior - BHPian

@sachinayak: That is a different SUV. There is a mention of it in this Oct,14 Autocar. It will have a JLR engine and will be a 7 seater. Expected in Jan 2015. I don't think Tata will merge safari with anything else.
Old 25th September 2014, 15:22   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
If 3 years insurance payment is made at one shot, what happens in case a claim is made in the first year ? Does one need to pay beyond the 10 k paid initially ?

You don't need to pay anything, not even the 10K. They're providing comprehensive insurance (non zero-dep) for three years. For the remaining 2 years the customer is supposed to redeem coupons that they give (at delivery) for free of charge renewal.

However there is one caveat, the "offer" assumes that the customer will not make a claim during this time-frame and therefore she/he would be eligible for no claim bonus.

In case there's a claim, the NCB benefit would have to be paid.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 16:40   #3390
BHPian

Guys,

Can the doors be locked only using the remote locking feature? I tried locking the car with the key instead of remote locking and it doesn't work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks