Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 17:21   #3391
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Guys,

Can the doors be locked only using the remote locking feature? I tried locking the car with the key instead of remote locking and it doesn't work.
The doors should lock manually using the key, it could be a faulty locking mechanism I'd suggest that you get it check at TASS.
Old 25th September 2014, 17:24   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
You don't need to pay anything, not even the 10K. They're providing comprehensive insurance (non zero-dep) for three years. For the remaining 2 years the customer is supposed to redeem coupons that they give (at delivery) for free of charge renewal.

However there is one caveat, the "offer" assumes that the customer will not make a claim during this time-frame and therefore she/he would be eligible for no claim bonus.
In this way the insurance company will be guaranteed of the same customer for next 2 years.

If you make a claim you are at loss, as the company will charge you a higher premium the next year. I feel a yearly policy is better because if you claim, you can change to another company the following year.
Old 25th September 2014, 21:30   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
In this way the insurance company will be guaranteed of the same customer for next 2 years.

If you make a claim you are at loss, as the company will charge you a higher premium the next year. I feel a yearly policy is better because if you claim, you can change to another company the following year.
It doesn't really matter as the NCB cant be greater than 20% in year 1 and 25% in year 2 (subject to no claim in year 1)

If you claim in year 1 you pay around 7-10K depending upon the varient of your Safari Storme. If you don't claim in year 1 but do so in year 2 then you pay 9-12K again depending upon the variant.

Safari's insurance premium for year 1 is a bit above 50K for the VX 4x2; and should be above or around 35K for the remaining 2 years.

In my opinion its a good offer and they're providing cashless at all TASS outlets; this in my opinion greatly reduces the chance of switching between companies as cashless options are usually trouble free (based on my experience)

Last edited by maglev : 25th September 2014 at 21:35.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 23:32   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@sachinayak: That is a different SUV. There is a mention of it in this Oct,14 Autocar. It will have a JLR engine and will be a 7 seater. Expected in Jan 2015. I don't think Tata will merge safari with anything else.
Yes, I also read that TML is currently working on an SUV bigger than STROME; But expected in Jan 2015, very unlikely. The small SUV (Nexon concept) will be next brand new product.
Old 26th September 2014, 05:43   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Yes, I also read that TML is currently working on an SUV bigger than STROME;
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@sachinayak: That is a different SUV...I don't think Tata will merge safari with anything else.
May be, may be not. I doubt if they are fast enough to launch anything new by Jan 2015, and if i read correctly their next big focus would be the Nexon.

With Mahindra launching the new Scorpio at an incredibly VFM pricing, the Storme is definitely going to feel the heat. If Tata Motors wants to stay in the game, they need to up the stakes "significantly". They did that with the Zest (and showed that they are capable of doing so). Why not the Storme, which I understand will fetch them much higher profit margins and brand visibility than the Zest.

Interesting times ahead perhaps.
Old 26th September 2014, 07:07   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Yes, I also read that TML is currently working on an SUV bigger than STROME; But expected in Jan 2015, very unlikely. The small SUV (Nexon concept) will be next brand new product.
Agree. TML is very slow with new products. That with JLR engines and kit to match it, it will be priced much higher. TML needs to worry a lot about the new VFM Scorpio pricing. I personally will still buy the Storme
Old 26th September 2014, 19:13   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Guys,

Can the doors be locked only using the remote locking feature? I tried locking the car with the key instead of remote locking and it doesn't work.
I had the same issue with my Wagon R. turned out to be some issue with the settings of the central locking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
The doors should lock manually using the key, it could be a faulty locking mechanism I'd suggest that you get it check at TASS.
I dont think TASS will resolve this if its something to do with central locking mechanism. They will ask us to call Autocop or Nippon depending on which vendor installed the central locking system on Storme.

Last edited by lazybrain : 26th September 2014 at 19:15.
Old 26th September 2014, 19:18   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Agree. TML is very slow with new products. That with JLR engines and kit to match it, it will be priced much higher. TML needs to worry a lot about the new VFM Scorpio pricing. I personally will still buy the Storme
By the way , merlin aka storme was supposed to be launched in 2007 and they were late only by 5 years . Going by the pace , i dont think they will be coming up with anything new before 2016 atleast
Old 26th September 2014, 19:32   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
By the way , merlin aka storme was supposed to be launched in 2007 and they were late only by 5 years . Going by the pace , i dont think they will be coming up with anything new before 2016 atleast
Well how much competition we had back in the year 2007 when it comes to automobiles in India? IIRC hardly any, irrespective of segment, During those days only safari and Scorpio ruled the SUV world on Indian roads and other SUV's were for super riches! Launching storme back then did not make sense when Dicor was catching up so significantly?

Coming to the point the way they build the zest in all aspects i am overall positive with the outlook of TATA motors at present time
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 19:35   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I had the same issue with my Wagon R. turned out to be some issue with the settings of the central locking.

I dont think TASS will resolve this if its something to do with central locking mechanism. They will ask us to call Autocop or Nippon depending on which vendor installed the central locking system on Storme.

MINDA supplies TATA's central locking units; and since the system is OE, TASS becomes liable.

The other reason is that OE systems use a different, more sophisticated locking gun as compared to ANY after-market system, the OE guns are a single unit which connects directly with the manual and automated locking mechanism, further since they are cable operated they end up being inherently quieter and smoother in operation.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 19:48   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Well how much competition we had back in the year 2007 when it comes to automobiles in India? IIRC hardly any, irrespective of segment, During those days only safari and Scorpio ruled the SUV world on Indian roads and other SUV's were for super riches! Launching storme back then did not make sense when Dicor was catching up so significantly?

Coming to the point the way they build the zest in all aspects i am overall positive with the outlook of TATA motors at present time
For sure zest has created a new benchmark in that segment in the interiors , fit and finish. They are undoubtedly on the right track. Only if they could launch the products within reasonable time frame and try to keep ahead as the competition is definitely a cut throat one now.
Old 26th September 2014, 20:27   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
MINDA supplies TATA's central locking units; and since the system is OE, TASS becomes liable.
The reason why i stated this was i had bad experience with Maruti since they denied all responsibilities with my central locking system issues and directed me to Nippon all the time. it was OE system from Maruti when i bought the car! though my understanding about this may be wrong?

Last edited by lazybrain : 26th September 2014 at 20:30.
Old 28th September 2014, 13:35   #3403
BHPian

Got back onto this thread after a long time (well, TBhp also). Looks like no one is really discussing their Stormes any more, with the discussions hovering around TATA Motors and their rumor mills!! It only means one thing; people are not facing any major issues with their Stormes.
Anyway, I would like to update everyone here on mine. My Dec '13 - Jan '14 Storme EX has now crossed 23500km. There have been no problems till date except the following:

1. Some squeaking noise has developed somewhere in the front right side. The noise coincides with small undulations on the road, which leads me to believe that something is loose somewhere (possibly the sump guard). Bigger potholes, bumps etc doesn't induce this sound. Will be getting it checked soon.
2. The rear door still rattles, especially on rough surfaces like a metalled, unpaved road. It does not rattle or make noise when I hit potholes or bumps.
3. Roof mounted ac has also developed a small rattle. This was there when I took delivery and was rectified during the 1500km service.
4. The front glass had to be replaced once due to a stone hit from a passing truck. Now the same thing has happened again! Bad luck!

I am planning to get the car thoroughly checked at the nearby TASS (Delta Vehicle Support) and check for suspension wear, tyre wear and any other thing that might warrant attention. Who knows? The long weekend ahead might just kindle the driving spirit in me!
Old 29th September 2014, 10:09   #3404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Anyway, I would like to update everyone here on mine. My Dec '13 - Jan '14 Storme EX has now crossed 23500km. There have been no problems till date except the following:
That is surely quite reassuring. The problems listed by you seems quite minor; tough luck with the windshield though.

I am in the market now scounting for my next vehicle and Storme is pretty high on the list. Was quite looking forward to a facelift this Diwali, but does not look like thats going to happen. But I cannot wait till next year; already waited too long now, hence will have to choose in the current lot.

Question: How has your overall experience been with the TASS?
Old 29th September 2014, 11:35   #3405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
That is surely quite reassuring. The problems listed by you seems quite minor; tough luck with the windshield though.

I am in the market now scounting for my next vehicle and Storme is pretty high on the list. Was quite looking forward to a facelift this Diwali, but does not look like thats going to happen. But I cannot wait till next year; already waited too long now, hence will have to choose in the current lot.

Question: How has your overall experience been with the TASS?
I don't have a Storme, but my experience with TASS has been on par with my previous experience with MASS. No difference. Politeness is actually better in TASS and there is totally no attempt made to take you for a ride & sell/change things that are not required.

On the other point, yes, currently there are loads of cash discounts on the Storme. But I'd seriously recommend you to try and wait longer if Storme turns out to be winner of your personal car choice shoot-out. IF indeed they manage to pull a Zest with the Storme, you'll be with an only 4-5 month old - effectively fresh - car which would still feel older. If they do keep the price down & add really valuable goodies, you might feel undone & will have to still stick with the car you have. And its a million rupee plus car you are buying. I myself am waiting for it for almost an year already.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks