Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 10:48   #3421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Maybe this is a silly question, but who is BD?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...moves-m-m.html
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 11:04   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it confirmed that the updated Storme is going to be called Ladakh?

To me - it just feels like two enthusiastic sales people who believe the 'Ladakh' concept displayed at the auto expo is the updated Safari Storme soon to be launched.
I don't think they came across as that passionate or curious to even care about the Ladakh concept displayed in the auto expo earlier this year.
They were jabbering a lot of stuff, typically learned during a customer sales training. And it seemed that 'Ladakh', 'Kite' etc were learnt by them during such an exercise.

I seriously don't think these guys or even their managers/owners in the dealership even care about learning more about the automotive market other than what is dumped onto them by the companies. Hence, I feel 'Ladakh' is indeed the updated Storme, or perhaps its may be a pseudonym for internal purposes.

Last edited by rrsteer : 30th September 2014 at 11:08.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:30   #3423
Senior - BHPian

In keeping with the original seudonym, this one should have been called Arthur ..... or Artorius.
Old 30th September 2014, 12:35   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
...or perhaps its may be a pseudonym for internal purposes.
Yes. This sounds logical.

If they are indeed working on a model which will look different from the current Storme then we should start seeing some scoop images as they commence road trials. So far no website is talking of any major changes to the car's look. It only changes mentioned everywhere are (1) Harmon ICE (2) Maybe higher power 150 bhp (3) Internal changes to dash layout and other aesthetics (4) Could have a sunroof. (5) Could have front facing third row. If there are major changes in the offing then we should have heard something somewhere.

Last edited by ptushar : 30th September 2014 at 12:39. Reason: Needed to add more.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:11   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Guys in a rear wheel driven vehicle like the Storme, will tyre wear will still be more for the front or rear wheels ?
Old 1st October 2014, 02:45   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it confirmed that the updated Storme is going to be called Ladakh?

To me - it just feels like two enthusiastic sales people who believe the 'Ladakh' concept displayed at the auto expo is the updated Safari Storme soon to be launched.
well said sir . 99% this must be the case in above mentioned scenario .

But in all probability I think that Tata must have planned a refresh for the Storme . but I think their first priority would be the Bolt and only after the release of Bolt they will concentrate on Storme refresh .
Old 1st October 2014, 05:56   #3427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys in a rear wheel driven vehicle like the Storme, will tyre wear will still be more for the front or rear wheels ?
Narayan, are you seeing more wear on the rear tyres ? Is it even wear out or is it to sides / centre ?
Old 1st October 2014, 08:04   #3428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Narayan, are you seeing more wear on the rear tyres ? Is it even wear out or is it to sides / centre ?
Condor - I noticed front had marginally more wear than rear and within that the outer line was marginally more worn. Anyway got alignment checked yesterday and swapped front to rear
Old 1st October 2014, 09:00   #3429
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you would have got the rotations done regularly ?
How much have you run ?
Old 1st October 2014, 10:07   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hence, I feel 'Ladakh' is indeed the updated Storme, or perhaps its may be a pseudonym for internal purposes.
Storme with new front grill, bumper, updated interior, and they call it Storme Ladakh
Old 1st October 2014, 13:37   #3431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think you would have got the rotations done regularly ?
How much have you run ?
Yes. Rotation in every service. I think it would have been done twice. ODO at 22200 now
Old 1st October 2014, 15:08   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Yes. Rotation in every service. I think it would have been done twice. ODO at 22200 now
Were any of your shock absorbers changed due to leak? Cause the cars alignment goes bust and remains so till they are changed and alignment is done. This had resulted in uneven wear in my front tyres. My BS Duellers lasted only 48k kms, partly because of this.
Also I get alignment somewhere between 4-5K kms, Rotation and balancing around 7.5k kms. Hardly a cost but keeps the tyres in shape.
Old 1st October 2014, 15:25   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Were any of your shock absorbers changed due to leak? Cause the cars alignment goes bust and remains so till they are changed and alignment is done. This had resulted in uneven wear in my front tyres. My BS Duellers lasted only 48k kms, partly because of this.
Also I get alignment somewhere between 4-5K kms, Rotation and balancing around 7.5k kms. Hardly a cost but keeps the tyres in shape.
One rear shock leaked and was changed very recently. Anyway since the difference was marginal, I think it could also have been a minor camber issue. Since I have got the alignment checked and rotated tyres, will observe again after another 7-8k kms by which time 30k service will be due
Old 2nd October 2014, 18:03   #3434
BHPian

Had been to Concorde Pune for a test drive. Loved the drive but felt that the front seats lack under thigh support and left foot was fouling with the plastic above the clutch. Loved the gear box and light clutch. Found that the vehicle a bit unsettled when went over rough patch. Is this normal as I am used to a Linea which just glides over the rough patches.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:30   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Had been to Concorde Pune for a test drive. Loved the drive but felt that the front seats lack under thigh support and left foot was fouling with the plastic above the clutch. Loved the gear box and light clutch. Found that the vehicle a bit unsettled when went over rough patch. Is this normal as I am used to a Linea which just glides over the rough patches.
Test vehicles are abused a lot plus storme suspension feels a bit stiffer when its new but gets butter smooth at the 10k service mark

Most Viewed