Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 19:12   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
I got a call from Concorde Motors Bangalore inviting for TD. They are organizing it on 10th and 11th Near Banaswadi.
The event is being conducted by Tata Motors to showcase the offroad capability of the Storme, it's called the Tata Safari Storme Xtreme Drive. This was held in other parts of the country as well.

I have a few passes for the event from Prerana Motors if anybody is interested.
The event is as follows:

Date: - 10th & 11th Jan’13
Venue: - Terrapod Activity Ground (Ayuoda Play Ground, Kacharakanahalli, HBR LAYOUT 1st Block, Near Rama Temple, Bangalore – 560084).
Timing: - 10am to 8pm.

It will be first come first served to drive the Storme on a simulated track.

You need to have your driving license to participate in the terrapod event.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 21:40   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
The event is being conducted by Tata Motors to showcase the offroad capability of the Storme, it's called the Tata Safari Storme Xtreme Drive. This was held in other parts of the country as well.

The event is as follows:

Venue: - Terrapod Activity Ground (Ayuoda Play Ground, Kacharakanahalli, HBR LAYOUT 1st Block, Near Rama Temple, Bangalore – 560084).

Adding few pics from the Invitation.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-strome.jpg

Is anyone planing to visit?
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 01:41   #333
BHPian

Quote:

The event is as follows:

Hi Lukeskywalker,

I want to visit the event, can you please reserve 1 pass for me.

Thanks

-Ijeet
Old 9th January 2013, 07:03   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post

Hi Lukeskywalker,

I want to visit the event, can you please reserve 1 pass for me.

Thanks

-Ijeet
Hi, you could share your name, phone number and email id via pm, will figure out how to get it across to you. Else sms the same to me on 9844206009.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 07:17   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Is anyone planing to visit?
I am planing to visit in the first half of day on 10th Jan.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:15   #336
Senior - BHPian

Hope such events are done at Chennai as well. Any Chennai members aware of this ?
Old 9th January 2013, 12:30   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hope such events are done at Chennai as well. Any Chennai members aware of this ?
I believe this will be carried out in all major cities. You probably need to call up some dealership & show interest. That should fetch you an entry pass.:-) It was posted in the thread that the same vehicle & driver are moving around India for this very purpose (or did I read some where else?) I guess. Can't guarantee the authenticity of 'same driver & vehicle' claim though!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th January 2013 at 12:31.
Old 9th January 2013, 22:19   #338
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
PM'd you my email ID.

I am still in two minds about the headrest screens though as the TATA guys at Concorde say fitting such will void warranty.

Ditto for reverse guide system and speakers/amp.
In Mumbai Wasan Motors is prepared to fit headrests with screens in the Aria and the warranty is not void as the dealer himself fits it as an accessory. The Headrests are for about 20K for the pair. They will also fit on a reverse guide system but not an Amp. Same should apply to the Safari. The Dealer Accessory prices are about 30% higher than in shops outside.

Last edited by ACM : 9th January 2013 at 22:20.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:13   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Following 3000 deliveries, Storme attracts 2000 bookings!

Yesterday, the head of the UV product group, Mr. Ashesh Dhar, told the media that over 2,000 orders have been registered for the Storme in the markets that it is available in. The company has also delivered 3,000 units of the Storme already in Delhi, Ludhiana, Punjab and Maharashtra.

The availability of vehicle has been extended into Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh since yesterday. Tamil Nadu and Kerala would join the bandwagon in the next 10 days. Some dealer showrooms in these two states have already received the first consignment of cars.

The waiting period on the Storme stands at 4-6 weeks.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th January 2013 at 11:16.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 12:01   #340
BHPian

Quote:
For those who need directions to the venue:

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=ram...0374,77.627699

Last edited by Kairalee : 10th January 2013 at 12:02.
Old 10th January 2013, 12:11   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
In Mumbai Wasan Motors is prepared to fit headrests with screens in the Aria and the warranty is not void as the dealer himself fits it as an accessory. The Headrests are for about 20K for the pair. They will also fit on a reverse guide system but not an Amp. Same should apply to the Safari. The Dealer Accessory prices are about 30% higher than in shops outside.
National here is willing to do the same (from outside), but Concorde neing a Tata subsidiary is not.

Basically the idea is not to cut and splice the original loom anywhere, and take the connection as a standalone with couplers etc. - either directly from the battery or via the ports in each row.

Which make of headrest is being provided by Wasan? I'm asking because Blaupunkt / Nippon which used to be OE on the Dicor VX has now been stopped. Plus they were only screens as the HU was a DVD player in the Dicor VX.

The ones I have seen are makes like Circuit, Black, Kaska amongst the slightly better quality ones (around 18K), and Panasound and RD as the more local ones (around 12K). All Chinese. Can anyone here give me any suggestions on which to go for (or not to go for) please?

For now I have shelved the idea of the JBL speakers and Sony Amp. Will try out the OE Alpine system for some time before deciding on the need.

I'm also confused about whether to go for a reverse camera (IRVM) or the Sensor display (IRVM), or get one of the standalone units, or ideally a IRVM which has both (camera display + sensor display + sound). Again the makes I've seen are Golden Eye (4 and 6 sensors) and Auto Cop (4 sensors)- both Chinese. Any suggestions as to the best option?

For the GPS, between Tom Tom, Garmin, and Map My India, the Garmin unit looks best to me. 5" screen. Though the guys say the MMI maps are better for places off the beaten path. Tom Tom has a nice Plan My Trip feature which the other two do not have.

For the filming, the option which most guys believe one can get away with, as well as give heat protection as well, is the economy range of VCool - V70 for the front and A60 for the sides and back. Some say A60 for the front as well, though the V70 offer around 10% better heat rejection. Confused whether I should go for filming on the back because of the de-mister. Lumarr and 3M are not as good for heat apparently, though cheaper.

Finally the seats. Art Leather. Need to decide between brands like G-Sports, Hide Nation, Hi-Tech, and Autoform (around 12.5 K) versus the economy range of Stanley (around 16-19K).

P.S. Mods, I would be happy to take this discussion offline if its OT here.

Last edited by ebonho : 10th January 2013 at 12:28.
Old 10th January 2013, 13:09   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

P.S. Mods, I would be happy to take this discussion offline if its OT here.
Or start a new thread for soliciting additional inputs, as you look like all set for the purchase or is it done already? Apologies, haven't read all of your earlier posts.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 13:12   #343
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
Ebonho
Skip the films they are not legal. You could put external dark transparent shades on the windows.

Try for a parking assist system with both camera and sensors.

Most head rest screens of brands of the kind you mention. They are OK but there is no warranty on them. Use while they work and then throw away and get new if something goes wrong.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 17:09   #344
BHPian

What happened to the update by someone [Mohit ?] about the Xtreme Drive in Bangalore ? I was about to put my experience and see that the other one that was made this morning was removed So, is there a different place to put in ?

Prem.
Old 10th January 2013, 17:23   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
What happened to the update by someone [Mohit ?] about the Xtreme Drive in Bangalore ? I was about to put my experience and see that the other one that was made this morning was removed So, is there a different place to put in ?

Prem.
Related posts have been moved to this to keep this for just the "review".
mjothi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks