Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 15:15   #3451
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
BTW
I am facing a major neck pain when I drive my Storme be it 10 km or 1000 km. I am facing this issue from the day one however I ignored it for last 7 months considering that it will take time to get comfortable position with vehicle however this problem is still there.
Hello Thar 4x4

Does your Safari have height adjustable steering? Set it to the lowest setting & check if you have neck pain. Sometimes if your arms are raised to hold the steering, it can lead to neck pain.

Try it out. I think it should solve your problem.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:34   #3452
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Dear thar4x4
I also used to have such pain on long drives in my swift, but have never had it in storme. As Narayan mentioned, the solution is a bit upright seating with neck pillow. This worked for me in swift. For lower back you can adjust the lumber support.

Last edited by stormerider : 7th October 2014 at 15:35.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:36   #3453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Thar 4x4

Does your Safari have height adjustable steering? Set it to the lowest setting & check if you have neck pain. Sometimes if your arms are raised to hold the steering, it can lead to neck pain.

Try it out. I think it should solve your problem.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun !
I don't think my Storme have height adjustable steering but let me check.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:47   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Thanks Varun !
I don't think my Storme have height adjustable steering but let me check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Dear thar4x4
I also used to have such pain on long drives in my swift, but have never had it in storme. As Narayan mentioned, the solution is a bit upright seating with neck pillow. This worked for me in swift. For lower back you can adjust the lumber support.

All Safari Storme's are equipped with an adjustable steering column, irrespective of variant.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:52   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Dear thar4x4
Yep! will try this in upcoming trip to Goa with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
All Safari Storme's are equipped with an adjustable steering column, irrespective of variant.
Oh ok Thanks ! May be steering position is culprit. If this solves the problem I am all set
Old 8th October 2014, 12:23   #3456
BHPian

Hi,

I'm getting another used Tata Safari Storme, the details are as follows:
  1. Variant: VX 4x4
  2. Purchase date: Nov-Dec 2012
  3. Registration date: Jan 2013 (Gurgaon regd.)
  4. Odometer: 20K kms
  5. Asking price: 12.5L negotiated to 11L
  6. Current on-road price: 15L (Gurgaon regd.) + free insurance for 3 years

I've driven the car and have made the following observations:
  1. Looks good externally, completely dent free with a few minor scratches here and there
  2. The interior was dirty but thankfully it wasn't abused, the leather on the gear knob, steering and seats looked fine and in good shape, but it would require a thorough clean-up
  3. The footstep on the left hand side is loose and shakes a bit (about an inch of play), the one on the right is firmly fixed
  4. Drove the car on NH8 for 15 kms, took it upto 120 kmph, the steering was steady and the alignment was fine
  5. Tyres are uniformly worn, but the front ones have marginally more wear
  6. Some oil / diesel leakage in the engine bay, marked using a white arrow (image attached)
  7. I tried engaging the 4x4 mechanism a couple of times, it engaged within seconds. The car felt significantly heavier to drive on 4L, however 4H felt pretty much the same as 2H. (Drove in a straight line for 10-15 feet, didn't even try to turn as that would have damaged the system)

Suggestions / advice / input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristorme.jpg  

Last edited by maglev : 8th October 2014 at 12:28.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:25   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Being into the ORVM industry, let me tell you that they can easily provide the customer with just the inside glass or sub mirror which costs not more than 10 percent of the complete assembly. Infact some OEM suppliers are already supplying the sub mirrors in the open market. The reason why authorised service centres don't do that is simple. They want to milk the customers as much as they can. They know that most of the times, its just the inside glass that gets broken or stolen but they dont believe in the good ol "don't fix what aint broken"
I just found out an ebay seller who sells convex rear view mirrors (glass only). Contacted them and the delivery was quite fast by DTDC. Fixed it today on my dicor and the quality is good. If any one is interested in saving some money (by not buying the whole mirror assembly for safari's from TATA) search for the seller "car_spare" in ebay. "CONVEX REAR VIEW MIRROR ONLY (SUB MIRROR PLATE) ALL LEADING CAR BRANDS" that's how he has listed the item in ebay.
BipB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 13:35   #3458
BHPian

Modified Storme from Motor Mind Automotive Desgins
Source- Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-1412754002749.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tapatalk_1412754009047.jpeg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tapatalk_1412754014925.jpeg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tapatalk_1412754012102.jpeg  

al pacino is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:06   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pacino View Post
Modified Storme from Motor Mind Automotive Desgins
Source- Facebook
The side profile reminds me of the Toyota Fortuner, especially near the front bumper and headlamps.
Old 8th October 2014, 15:46   #3460
Team-BHP Support

During my recent highway trip of about 200 kms I saw 4 Safari Stormes. Have the sales picked up or am I looking out for them?
Old 8th October 2014, 15:58   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
During my recent highway trip of about 200 kms I saw 4 Safari Stormes. Have the sales picked up or am I looking out for them?
Yes the sales have definitely picked up. When i bought storme during May 2014 back then i could see only 1 other storme (in addition to mine) in and around HSR layout and Koramangala in Bangalore. But now i have noticed at least 7 stormes.

Most heart warming incident i experienced couple of weeks back at HSR BDA flyover when i was waiting at red signal. a silver storme waiting at the opposite side. When we were crossing each other he tried to seek my attention flashing headlights and waving his hand and i acknowledged him back the same way. A real proud moment for me

Even during my recent trip to Karwar i saw at least 3 safari stormes on NH4. Now its kind of mixed feeling for us storme owners. One way I am happy that sales picking up fast and other way sad that it will no more remain a unique vehicle and get an immediate attention when you are passing by with storme!
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 11:30   #3462
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed the 26k mark. The Storme's happily munching the miles. Returned last night after another trip. And after another all-day driving, still felt fresh. FE remains consistent as it has always been - at about 13-14 kmpl.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 11:58   #3463
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

One question, my front driver side tyre is touching the well cladding at 1 point sometimes while turning. I have dicor alloys, so no problem with original specs there. I have upgraded to continental cross contact at with the stock size of 235/70/r16. I don't think that should be a problem. The Sa told me that this is a bigger tyre, I don't understand this, and told him it's the stock size.
My front shocks were replaced due to leak hardly 3k km back. I think that's where the problem is. Or am I missing something? Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Crossed the FE remains consistent as it has always been - at about 13-14 kmpl.
Congratulation on the silver. That is a great fe figure. Storme actually gives you fatigue free experience in all day drives and happily munches miles.

Last edited by stormerider : 9th October 2014 at 12:08.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:53   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Did some minor mod on the Storme over the weekend ( not DIY but got done professionally ). The roof carrier I had was the typical aluminium colour. Got it painted matte black. Pls find below before and after pics.

Ideally I would have loved to have gone for a nice powder coated matte black or dark grey roof carrier at the outset, but there are very few options in the aftermarket for roof carriers for the Storme ( unlike the Scorpio/XUV/Fortuner - which by virtue of having more practical roof rails have a variety of options )
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_1955.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img2014100900001.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img2014100900002.jpg  

narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 14:15   #3465
BHPian

Black knight going in for its 15k service. Sending it to Emm Emm motors. Are they a good place to give your vehicle for service ?
Running has been slower in the last few months thanks to truck load of work. Basics seem fine although the alignment is still a tad left oriented.
Need to do steering grip. I just felt that the steering was a tad thin grip wise. Any suggestions on a good person. Checked with a few and all said they would remove the steering and do the grip. I think this would void warranties on steering column

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks