Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 14:23   #3466
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Black knight going in for its 15k service. Sending it to Emm Emm motors. Are they a good place to give your vehicle for service ?
Running has been slower in the last few months thanks to truck load of work. Basics seem fine although the alignment is still a tad left oriented.
Need to do steering grip. I just felt that the steering was a tad thin grip wise. Any suggestions on a good person. Checked with a few and all said they would remove the steering and do the grip. I think this would void warranties on steering column
Emm Emm motors is good, ensure that it is done by Mr. Stalin !!
Old 9th October 2014, 14:28   #3467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need to do steering grip. I just felt that the steering was a tad thin grip wise. Any suggestions on a good person.
I dont remember if you have VX / EX / LX. If not VX, should be safe to get the grip. Yes, the OE grip is a little thin.
Old 9th October 2014, 15:33   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need to do steering grip. I just felt that the steering was a tad thin grip wise. Any suggestions on a good person. Checked with a few and all said they would remove the steering and do the grip. I think this would void warranties on steering column
Opening Steering wheel in Safari / Storme does not require touching steering column. If your Vehicle does not have Airbags then it could be a DIY as well there is just one nut behind hornpad which needs to be opened using box spanner ( 20 Number IIRC).

Also there is no way anyone can find it steering wheel was removed or not.

However if you have Airbag then get it opened only at competent place..
Old 9th October 2014, 15:42   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on a good person. Checked with a few and all said they would remove the steering and do the grip. I think this would void warranties on steering column
From the T-BHP directory

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3447618

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3542526
Old 10th October 2014, 04:29   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pacino View Post
Modified Storme from Motor Mind Automotive Desgins
Source- Facebook
Here comes one of the best modded Safari Stormes. The DRL placement in awesome IMO. I think only the front grill looks a bit dull, but the rest desreves .
Old 14th October 2014, 14:42   #3471
Senior - BHPian

For those wanting to consider the Storme Lx but lazy enough to not go across to the nearest showroom and check out a vehicle, I have posted some interior pics here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3556227
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 07:57   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
For those wanting to consider the Storme Lx but lazy enough to not go across to the nearest showroom and check out a vehicle, I have posted some interior pics here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3556227
Can you please check the link as its leading me to the team bhp founder page.
Old 15th October 2014, 08:06   #3473
Distinguished - BHPian

@Storme... the link is working fine
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 13:19   #3474

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post, but have been eagerly following the safari storme blog form over a year now. I had a storme ex October 2013 which I have just sold off in hope for a worthy replacement in the form of the new storme. Does any one have any idea of the launch date ?
Old 20th October 2014, 13:37   #3475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angad.bawa View Post
Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post, but have been eagerly following the safari storme blog form over a year now. I had a storme ex October 2013 which I have just sold off in hope for a worthy replacement in the form of the new storme. Does any one have any idea of the launch date ?
Hellow Angad, welcome to BHP

You sold off a 1 year old Storme? Why man? it was already a wonderful vehicle. What put you off? Please don't tell me you did that only for the expected ICE setup?
Old 20th October 2014, 13:46   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Welcome to Team-BHP angad.bawa

Any specific reason for selling your Safari Storme so early?

As per the owners reviews here, Storme seems to be a niggle-free(almost) vehicle, so just curious to know the reason of selling it.

Last edited by SaurabhSaran : 20th October 2014 at 13:50.
Old 20th October 2014, 13:57   #3477

Oh absolutely no problems at all... As I said I am looking to replace a storme with a storme... A la the NEW ONE... I didn't want my vehicle to feel outdated in a year plus I am a bit of a gizmo freak so all new stuff rumoured to be in the new one promises to be exciting

I did ... It's just exciting to have all the gizmos in the car u want to be in... XUV has that but it's not the car I want... Finally when I heard its getting an ice similar to zest which I admit is a beautiful device, I could resist. Plus the resale is better now than when the new one launches... I guess a small price in the larger plan of 4-5 yrs of ownership .. Always great to have features and tech around..

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th October 2014 at 23:39.
Old 20th October 2014, 14:02   #3478
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh absolutely no problems at all... As I said I am looking to replace a storme with a storme... A la the NEW ONE... I didn't want my vehicle to feel outdated in a year plus I am a bit of a gizmo freak so all new stuff rumoured to be in the new one promises to be exciting
But what if 2 years later there is another update. you keep changing cars?
I think the primary updates will be head unit and stuff, and the hit you will take while changing cars can easily buy you the best infotainment system in the market.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 14:15   #3479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
But what if 2 years later there is another update. you keep changing cars?
I think the primary updates will be head unit and stuff, and the hit you will take while changing cars can easily buy you the best infotainment system in the market.
Unless it comes with the 160 bhp motor with the new gearbox.

Then most of us first generation Storme guys would feel a bit miffed. I mean its only been a couple of years for TATA that's like how much time it takes to get off the drawing board.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2014 at 06:58.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 14:16   #3480

Yes & no. 2-3 yrs later my resale will be low so wouldn't make sense.Today it's quite decent to be honest though I had the explorer kit. I missed tech in my car plus it's not just the ICE, the engine, etc is also getting an update after 2008 (I think), so for me in the larger plans of keeping the vehicle it makes sense to have what are basics today.

@ebonho exactly, I did not want to feel like that, as I said with a decent resale now on offer. Also I assume this update will stay for at least 3 yrs (as the previous one) after which it doesn't hurt as much as a 10-11 month old vehicle does; since Tata is focussing on the bigger more expensive SUVs & neon after refreshing the existing line up!

Exactly how I don't want to feel, especially since my re sale is pretty decent now, I expect a 1 lac drop minimum with the new launch. Personally I think, the new Aria engine, Harmon kardon system, automatic climate control a/c, steering mounted controls, may be cruise control & a new DID is enough worth the effort. Also it's ok to believe a referesh now will last at least 3 years with new vehicles taking focus thereafter - bolt / nexon / expensive suv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Unless it comes with the 160 bhp motor with the new gearbox.

Then most of us first generation Storme guys would feel a bit miffed. I mean its only been a couple of years. for TATA that's like how much time it takes to get off the drawing board.
exactly how i dont want to be feeling
personally, the retuned 150bhp engine, harmon kardon, steering mounted controls, climate control a/c, and may be a cruise control are sufficient changes to justify the change, anything more is welcome!

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2014 at 06:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks