Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 20:04   #3481
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by angad.bawa View Post
Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post, but have been eagerly following the safari storme blog form over a year now. I had a storme ex October 2013 which I have just sold off in hope for a worthy replacement in the form of the new storme. Does any one have any idea of the launch date ?

How much did you sell you car for? And did you sell it to a dealer or an end-user?
Old 21st October 2014, 00:56   #3482

A good price ��. How much do you think is good for 11 months / 12k / explorer kit and additional accessories worth 50k? EX

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2014 at 07:01.
Old 21st October 2014, 11:05   #3483
BHPian

Quote:
A good price ��... How much do you think is good for 11 months / 12k / explorer kit and additional accessories worth 50k? EX

I'd say around 10-10.5, based on the prices that I have seen in the used car market (Delhi/NCR).

Additionally a brand new Storme EX is currently available for 12.15L with 3 years insurance (Gurgaon registered)

Last edited by maglev : 21st October 2014 at 11:07.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:05   #3484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A good price 😉... How much do you think is good for 11 months / 12k / explorer kit and additional accessories worth 50k? EX

Why would you sell off a 1 yr old car loaded with accessories hoping for a new Storme to be launched again ( which in all probability may not be dramatically different ) ? Did you face any major issues with the vehicle ?
Old 21st October 2014, 14:36   #3485

Because of the following reasons:
1. Good resale of existing one
2. New re tuned engine (at least 150 bhp as in new aria)
3. Harman Kardon entertainment unit with GPS etc
4. Driver information display
5. Automatic climate control a/c
6. Steering mounted controls
7. Cruise control (I am hoping for this one)

I guess the above is sufficiently enough to warrant a change, since I plan to keep the vehicle for at least 4-5 yrs minimum. So all accessories which I had put and more are now in built & obviously better quality.

Old 21st October 2014, 16:09   #3486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3. Harman Kardon entertainment unit with GPS etc
5. Automatic climate control a/c
6. Steering mounted controls

I'm praying that they prove me wrong, but out of your list, I somehow feel the 3 that I've quoted above will only be available with the VX trim which will be much costlier than an EX. EX will probably get MID, non-touch Harman ICE without GPS and manual AC. Just my gut feeling, I have no confirmed information from any birdie.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 16:12   #3487

Well, let's see. In the current storme EX & VX had no diff except for air bags & 1-2 cosmetic stuff. If the diff is worthwhile I am sure VX will be preferred by many.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2014 at 07:01.
Old 21st October 2014, 23:31   #3488
Senior - BHPian

@angad.bawa: I think we are getting our hopes up too much. Max we can expect is grill change and updated engine. Methinks it is just vapourware. ACC, MID, cruise control, etc are too much to expect.
Old 21st October 2014, 23:52   #3489
Senior - BHPian

An updated engine is a BIG upgrade the way I look at it. Especially if mated with a gearbox upgrade. I frankly don't give a hoot to any of the other things mentioned. They get lumped under "gizmos" by me. The only other thing I would consider a big upgrade would be front facing 3rd row. With or without a sliding middle row bench with adjustable reclining backrest.
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 03:23   #3490
BHPian

I won't take a single day on deciding about buying the updated storme if only they incorporate airbags as standard across the variants. High time manufacturers pay supreme attention to the safety factor. Two airbags in lx, 4 in ex and 6 in vx makes perfect sense and should be a win-win situation for the companies and customers both.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 22nd October 2014 at 03:24.
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:31   #3491
Senior - BHPian

And yes, while we are at basic big ticket upgrades for the Storme (as a vehicle, not as a electronics arcade) I reallly would like there to be two additional additions for the 3rd row,

1) side glasses that open in some manner and let in some air (essential for those who suffer from claustrophobia, as well as dogs)

2) dedicated AC vents on the sides pillars for the 3rd row - the roof AC just does not directly reach the 3rd row in terms of air throw. Eventually the 3rd row gets cooled when the whole cabin gets cooled. But it could be way better. Like in the Aria.
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:40   #3492

Well what may seem as gizmos to one are an absolute necessity to another. We live in the age of technology and the more the better Or else there is no differentiating 2000 cars with the 2014 car. I'd rather have one electronic unit than have 3 glass hangings in my vehicle (gps / mobile etc etc) & to imagine a meter display with out the most basic fuel to empty is unbelievable today
Coming to 3rd row windows. Openable ones would take us back to Qualis days we are speaking of a through bred suv here not some mini van or people mover though the a/c vents could be welcome but again I have never travelled in the third row so can't comment how the weather is back there

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@angad.bawa: I think we are getting our hopes up too much. Max we can expect is grill change and updated engine. Methinks it is just vapourware. ACC, MID, cruise control, etc are too much to expect.

I am pretty hopeful that this is the minimum they will do as the interiors are definitely in need for a desperate upgrade. It's unimaginable to have a 10l + vehicle with out these basics and I am sure looking at the new aria, zest etc storme should get the same interior treatment. I have to say all this coz I am selling my car on this hope �� but while we all love all other aspects the interior fitments sure need a drastic overhaul and I have learnt people at Tata realise the same

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2014 at 19:53.
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:15   #3493
DMD

Dear Friends,

I am a new member to this great community. Just received the email confirmation from the MODS notifying me of the membership.
I have been following the team bhp forum quite a while and the reason I applied for the membership is due to the fact that I have decided to buy a Safari Storme.

To elaborate a bit, I have been wanting to purchase the Storme for a year now but was busy arranging for those big bucks. Now when I have them to buy one (I am convinced Safari VX 4x2 is what I need) I have been assigned for a long term assignment abroad (Could be for a year or two). I am both happy and sad. Happy because, when I am back I could get my hands on to a much more refined Storme (with all the issues sorted) or I could even look out for the upcoming TATA SUVs (in collaboration with JLR?) Sad, obviously because I cannot own/drive an Storme at present. Hence this mixed feeling.

Anyways I'd be following this fantastic thread on Storme, and wish you all envious owners happy miles ahead

Regards
DMD
DMD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 00:25   #3494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well what may seem as gizmos to one are an absolute necessity to another.
Sure. No two customers are alike. That's why so many different products exist. And all sell.

Quote:
We live in the age of technology and the more the better Or else there is no differentiating 2000 cars with the 2014 car.
The Safari (like the Bullet) has never been about technology. Sure some owners may like technology. But if you're buying either of these vehicles for the technology alone, you're really missing the point.

Quote:
I'd rather have one electronic unit than have 3 glass hangings in my vehicle (gps / mobile etc etc) & to imagine a meter display with out the most basic fuel to empty is unbelievable today
I'd rather have this huge imposing humongous butch SUV that seats me at a level where I look down at the roofs of small cars. That moves like a tank through all terrain. That has space and comfort and elegance and quality within. That has great suspension, nice brakes, solid underpinnings, and a strong heart that pulls like a freight train, with unmatched mile munching pleasure on open roads.

But then, I happily ride and love a bike that is essentially unchanged from an age dating back to more than half a century ago. So I'm probably a mirror opposite of you.

Quote:
Coming to 3rd row windows. Openable ones would take us back to Qualis days we are speaking of a through bred suv here not some mini van or people mover
So help me understand this Angad. A fancy music system, on board screen with reams of data, an AC with AI, and a remote control at hand are good/want to haves in a thoroughbred SUV, but wanting to be able to breathe some fresh oxygen directly from the outside somehow makes it less of one?

Quote:
though the a/c vents could be welcome but again I have never travelled in the third row so can't comment how the weather is back there
Well, I have three kids, and a dog who often hops in, so I can.

Openable side glasses would have been great. AC vents for the 3rd row would be really appreciated.

I'd happily trade Mr Harman and Mr Kardon with other fancy electronic gadgetry which I could be least bothered about for these two in my present Storme, along with Innova style side wall fold-away seats in the 3rd row and a sliding middle row bench with tilt adjustable backrest.

I personally think the interiors of the Storme are just great. Elegant, classy, not overdone, good quality materials and finish.

Last edited by ebonho : 23rd October 2014 at 00:33.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 01:43   #3495
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

We could add a single double din unit with audio, CD, USB, Bluetooth, satnav, reverse camera etc. Into the Storme and place it right in the centre on top of the existing Dash. And then add extra custom fiberglass casing to it and then finally give the entire dash a layer of leather trim on top. Keep the existing slot headunit slot for storing paper documents and toll tickets.

ACC cannot be replicated too easily in the current Storme by a customer but the infotainment system is not too complex to add. Sadly an improved MID too will not be easy to add.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks