Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2014, 07:43   #3616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Have you gotten the clutch replaced? and could you share the total bill plus the amount covered under the AMC.
@Maglev, sorry - was busy, hence could not reply

Clutch was replaced under Wty

Bill inlcudes:

AMC:
Oil Filter - 241
Fuel Filter - 1595
Eng Oil -
Brake fluid
Greasing - 87
Wiper blades - 277 (2 nos)

Wty:
Clutch Disc - 4893
Clutch release bearing - 811
Clutch cover - 1877

Since I have Gold AMC, I paid Rs 390 for some consumables and weights.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 08:33   #3617

Hey guys, SOUL is finally getting active & it's heartening to see the same. After the 1st organised meet in Pune, Lucknow is next. http://tatamotors.profmail.in/tatamo...d127b97fd3347f

Just wanted to check if anyone attended the previous one or planning to go for this one ? Would love to hear your experiences!
Old 19th November 2014, 09:11   #3618
BHPian

Discounts upto 80k on the Storme!
http://cars.tatamotors.com/corporate...and_Safari_DNF
Old 19th November 2014, 10:01   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
It's not really 80k, it translates to 40k cash discount, or 3 years free insurance, which ends up coming to 80k.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:27   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angad.bawa View Post
Hey guys, SOUL is finally getting active & it's heartening to see the same. After the 1st organised meet in Pune, Lucknow is next. http://tatamotors.profmail.in/tatamo...d127b97fd3347f

Just wanted to check if anyone attended the previous one or planning to go for this one ? Would love to hear your experiences!
It definitely is a positive step from TML towards customer engagement. I am also looking forward to hear the experiences of the ones who participated / are going to participate.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:35   #3621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Bill inlcudes:

AMC:
Oil Filter - 241
Fuel Filter - 1595
Eng Oil -
Brake fluid
Greasing - 87
Wiper blades - 277 (2 nos)

Wty:
Clutch Disc - 4893
Clutch release bearing - 811
Clutch cover - 1877

Since I have Gold AMC, I paid Rs 390 for some consumables and weights.
A clutch change @ 28k kilomteres does not sound very reassuring. It is good that their warranty policy isn't written in stone but still why should it happen at first place.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:48   #3622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
A clutch change @ 28k kilomteres does not sound very reassuring. It is good that their warranty policy isn't written in stone but still why should it happen at first place.
What makes you say that the clutch was bad ? I could have actually used it for another 50-60k.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 11:52   #3623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Wanted to confirm I wasn't the only Storme guy here driving a Dicor in disguise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Even my (soon to be) truck has 2.2LDICOR as prefix on the Chassis number
This is a very common practice in our auto industry. Saves the effort on the part nomenclature update on the software side as well.

For example its now been what? Some trillion years now since Hyundai changed from the GL, GLS badges to Era-Magna-Sportz-Asta for the i10 and above. Even today, the vehicle identification sticker on the LR window reads something like "1.2 GL MT" / "1.2 GLS AT" / "1.6 GLS MT" if I'm not mistaken. I don't think these are referring to GL being Gasoline. So the internal names are just as they were in the systems.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 12:20   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What makes you say that the clutch was bad ? I could have actually used it for another 50-60k.
The fact that they chose to replace it? Could the hardness have not been rectified instead changing it?
Old 19th November 2014, 12:22   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
It's not really 80k, it translates to 40k cash discount, or 3 years free insurance, which ends up coming to 80k.
That free insurance is no more given. 80K is actually for the Dicor and not the Strome. Read those small wordings at the bottom in font 6 - "Benefits of Rs 80,000 is for Safari Dicor LX variant, Ex- Delhi." Tata is playing tricks with unclear language to generate interest
Old 19th November 2014, 12:30   #3626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is a foot pound or kilogram force outer limit (14 or 18 kilos I think) beyond which they replace the clutch as they did in your case. Behram when he drove my truck (which is at only 12,000 kms currently to your 28,000 kms) said there was already some hardening in mine, so I am not surprised that yours was replaced. I have Gold AMC too and fully intend to maximize my benefits from it as well. Btw, do they have some machine or gauge to measure exactly and accurately what is the force required to depress the clutch pedal, or is it only by feel. If by feel, then you are at the mercy of the subjective opinion of the warranty surveyor. Though by and large my experience with TATA warranty has been realy good (they just replaced a discolored wheel rim of mine under "goodwill" as it was technically not falling under warranty).
Old 19th November 2014, 12:53   #3627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The fact that they chose to replace it? Could the hardness have not been rectified instead changing it?
As has been shared by others too, Safari owners get some preferential treatment. The clutch technically was working fine. There was no loss of power / slippage etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
.. do they have some machine or gauge to measure exactly and accurately what is the force required to depress the clutch pedal, or is it only by feel.
Doc, no specific tool. I parked my Storme in the parking lot & SA got it into the workshop. About 50m ? It was an immediate diagnosis about the clutch. They checked it in the afternoon before deciding to replace the clutch. Got back the Storme the next day.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 14:49   #3628
Senior - BHPian

While its good they replaced it under warranty, what is worrying is if the quality of the part changed is the same, once the car goes out of warranty/AMC expires, it becomes a expense on our pockets. However if the replaced part is an improvement, then it works to one's advantage
Old 20th November 2014, 15:34   #3629

Guys, any one with any insider information on the facelift launch ? I was last told an end of year / early 2015 launch ? Any with any news will be extremely useful.
Old 20th November 2014, 17:48   #3630
BHPian

Need a quick suggestion. I confirmed with TML they have in fact changed the Gold AMC year/Kms. matrix. Currently the maximum offered is 3 years/45000Kms for INR 38,xxx/-

Earlier for the same amount of money they offered 4 years/40000kms. My usage will be not more than 10000kms in a year. Should i still purchase it? I will take delivery Monday/Tuesday.

Most Viewed