Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 21:09   #3706
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Adding few snaps of the Polar Bear. With his lil sister. Will be going tomorrow to Vellore for a drive and lunch. Will post more snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141205_204935.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141205_204857.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141205_205038.jpg  

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 5th December 2014 at 21:11.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 02:39   #3707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
10,000 Km on the odo today just a week short of 6 months of ownership.

Buying a Storme has to be one of the best decisions that I have taken. Had loads of opposition from friends, colleagues, relatives, family with only TBHP thread on Storme as my excuse. In the last 6 months - the king of the road feeling, envy in the eyes of friends, colleagues, relatives, fellow road users and appreciative glances have made sure that I took the right decision. No other SUV can match the style and class that the STORME exudes and hold its place quite well even when placed alongside the T-Fort.

In the last 6 months have faced not even a single major issue just rattle from the tail gate clip twice which was resolved by greasing it. The SA at Aristo Motors at GGN too have added to the overall experience.

I hope the 2015 version of the beast raises the benchmark further for the cult that is SAFARI.
Congrats buddy for the fulfilling experience you have had with your beast. May you enjoy lacs of kms sans any niggles. And yes, aristo motor guys are really proactive and especially after your and himanshugoswami's reference, they went
Out of their way to crack the deal. Although i chose to wait for the updated version. Hoping for an early 2015 launch, otherwise will go for the existing model in january if i don't hear any solid news about the facelift.
Old 7th December 2014, 14:53   #3708
BHPian

S.o.u.l. Meet in Ncr

TML is organizing a meet in NCR for Tata Safari Owners on 14th DECEMBER, 2014, registration can be done at http://tatasafari.com/soul/content/event-register
Old 7th December 2014, 22:23   #3709
BHPian

something funny happened today. I took my truck to Concorde as the front right shocker was leaking. I was told that the leak is there but since it is not complete spillage, as per instructions from Tata motors they can't replace it. They told me to keep driving till the leak reaches a particular level (they couldn't tell me what this level was)) after which they will replace it. Is it right to keep driving on a leaking shocker despite having a Gold AMC?
Old 8th December 2014, 20:15   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
something funny happened today. I took my truck to Concorde as the front right shocker was leaking. I was told that the leak is there but since it is not complete spillage, as per instructions from Tata motors they can't replace it. They told me to keep driving till the leak reaches a particular level (they couldn't tell me what this level was)) after which they will replace it. Is it right to keep driving on a leaking shocker despite having a Gold AMC?
Wonder if it can affect the suspension as well? If it does, are they going for a suspension overhaul? Why not nip in the bud when there is still time.
Old 8th December 2014, 20:35   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post

Same with my case. I had to go on holiday just after I noticed this. Will be going to TASS early next week. Will keep you posted
Old 8th December 2014, 21:33   #3712
BHPian

So a TML guy says March it is for the refresh...
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 08:42   #3713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
So a TML guy says March it is for the refresh...
I hope he specifically mentioned the year too
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 09:53   #3714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I hope he specifically mentioned the year too
You stole my words. Even March seems so far off. Only if current ex version had airbags and they had taken care of the rattles, i would have booked it today itself. Although there is no guarantee of seeing these changes in the facelift , but kinda hoping against hopes here
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 10:22   #3715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
You stole my words. Even March seems so far off. Only if current ex version had airbags and they had taken care of the rattles, i would have booked it today itself. Although there is no guarantee of seeing these changes in the facelift , but kinda hoping against hopes here
And now you took the turn to steal words! If EX had airbags, one would be standing in my parking since months now.

And honestly, with every passing day, I'm losing the excitement & finding more and more reasons that tell me there is not much that my Vista doesn't do already warranting an SUV...
Old 9th December 2014, 11:55   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Two of my friends had picked up the Storme VX versions during the last few months. The first one's Storme has the ambient temperature display while the second one's Storme does not display the ambient temperature. When he checked with Tata Motors this is what he was told

So it looks like they have removed this feature as well. Can people who have bought the Storme with chassis number greater than DNJ08151 check and confirm this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My cousin's Manza MID wasn't showing the ambient temperature when he bought last year, but it was present as a feature in their brochure. When he contacted the dealer, they gave him some reason like above. He escalated the matter to Tata Motors after which they replaced it with the MID which shows the ambient temperature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Mine is showing -9 degree C. I guess I really really need to chill

Seriously, this sensor is quite funny

So An Update: - I have solved this issue myself after a tireless research and multiple visits to the service center and multiple bulls put up on the ramp. Tata Safari comes with a small conical sensor fixed near the radiator (bottom) in Dicor 3L and is fitted Right behind the left (passenger side) fog lamp on the Storme. This area is prone to dust and hence used to show weird temperatures in some cars, and as usual, rather than fixing the issue, Tata removed the issue altogether. Further, though the sensor has been removed, the wiring stays as is with a dangling wire-line and plug. Only issue is that part is not available locally or with TASS. Infact most TASS do not even have a clue of existence of this feature.

I tried to run to all my contacts and finally was able to source a sensor. For testing, I took it to the showroom and fixed it to the Demo car in a matter of 2 mins flat and Voila - 33 C. The showroom staff eyes popped out in surprise for obvious reasons.

And all this sensor was acquired for total cost: just Rs 1,500 . I have asked my friend to see if he can source more of these for people here, and I guess I can get 1-2 more just in case anyone of us is interested in having this feature, or replacing the faulty Sensor,

Cheers and let me know. If anyone wants to know how it looks then simply search the net for BMW Ambient Temperature Sensor - Yes, I mean BMW

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=BM...w=1366&bih=604

regards
Rajeev

Last edited by rajismine : 9th December 2014 at 12:01.
rajismine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 12:07   #3717
BHPian

ODO stands at 1067 Kms. now. Will go for 1st Service this Saturday. No major issues. One small sound when steering is turned and a minor sound from rear door.

The second tank fill returned 13.83 Km/L. This includes highway drives within 95 kms/hr. to Vellore and another quick lunch drive to Mahabalipuram.

Attaching few snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141209_225025.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141209_225057.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141209_224839.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141209_224914.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20141209_224750.jpg  

hyper-VTEC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 12:13   #3718
BHPian

Safari+Storme's Nov'14 sales plummets to just 400 units, as compared to averaging around 800 units over the past few months. Is it the Scorpio effect - can't really say, as Scorpio's sales didn't increase with the refresh launch - which at 4205 units is leagues ahead of the Safari+Storme combine, but not a big improvement if we consider month-on-month sales, which were already averaging at around 4100 unit over the past few months.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:40   #3719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
ODO stands at 1067 Kms. now. Will go for 1st Service this Saturday. No major issues. One small sound when steering is turned and a minor sound from rear door.

The second tank fill returned 13.83 Km/L. This includes highway drives within 95 kms/hr. to Vellore and another quick lunch drive to Mahabalipuram.

Attaching few snaps.
Simply SUPERB pictures of the polar bear. Last one is a real winner! Excellent photography really. I'll be looking at that last picture for years to come. Again and again. I've saved it to my local collection without your consent. Apologies for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Safari+Storme's Nov'14 sales plummets to just 400 units, as compared to averaging around 800 units over the past few months. Is it the Scorpio effect - can't really say, as Scorpio's sales didn't increase with the refresh launch - which at 4205 units is leagues ahead of the Safari+Storme combine, but not a big improvement if we consider month-on-month sales, which were already averaging at around 4100 unit over the past few months.
I think the drop would be more due to the reduced list of features and anticipation of an imminent face-lift.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 21:14   #3720
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors seems to be on a Stock Clearance Sale cum Price War. There are some neat discounts on Tata cars, as seen before, for Christmas. (Got this update from a Safari User Group.)

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-10480196_10152450260092212_3239093228739921939_n.jpg

With a Rs.95,000/- discount on Storme, I thought its the best deal of the lot & hence posting here.

At 8.99L, its Storme LX at the price of Aria LX!

IMO Atleast Storme LX has ABS. (Btw, What do you'll think is important for consumer : Aria with more power & mileage OR Storme with same power, abit lower mileage but ABS as a safety feature...?)

Manza (55k off) is being discontinued.

Maybe trying to liquidate stocks to help cash flows required for smooth production of Zest & Bolt.

80 & 60k off on Nano LX & Twist. Apparently the AMT version is coming out next April. Launch of Nano AMT too may require a substantial amount of funds to sign the procurement deal for the AMT Units from Magneti Marelli.

Most Viewed