Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 16:29   #4186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
It so reminds me of the feeling I got when I rode the Enfield for the first timetime.
They are very similar. Lots of Bullet riders are also Safari drivers.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 16:41   #4187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Gizmos yes, there are very little bells and whistles on the Storme, but it has what ever I require in a long distance cruiser and I am not game for silly things like tyre pressure sensors or rain sensing wipers or headlights, IMO if a driver can't do this much, he rather be chauffeured around. What would make the Storme a complete package is an automatic gear box and cruise control.. I was expecting these in the current refresh....
True. Absolutely true. I love that suggestion. I have seen many loving the road view and comfort they get while driving Storme. With AT gear box and cruise control it would become a real highway cruise Vehicle. Hope it is in the anvil. I had Tata vehicles from 1996 to 2008. When I planned for a Safari in 2008, a trusted mechanic suggested me to drop the idea saying that the engine is prone for problems and so I changed my choice.
Old 13th June 2015, 16:43   #4188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Hi Libra, which city? I am still waiting to test drive the new storme here in Chennai. Getting to hear the same response from 2 dealers for the last 2 weeks "test drive vehicle will come in 10 days!"
New Delhi. The dealership hasn't received the test drive car yet. The sales guy kindly allowed us to drive a "soon to be delivered " vehicle. The clutch was super smooth and quite a revelation. The rest only subscribed to what I already love about the vehicle. The music system is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
They are very similar. Lots of Bullet riders are also Safari drivers.
I think I have read one your previous quotes on this. If it holds true than I might never be able to sell the storme too. My 21 year old Enfield is a testimony to this fact.

Last edited by ampere : 13th June 2015 at 16:53. Reason: Back to back posts
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 17:15   #4189
BHPian

Quote:
The dealership hasn't received the test drive car yet. The sales guy kindly allowed us to drive a "soon to be delivered " vehicle.
Oops ! TATA , Your dealerships suck.
Man, you just opened a can of worms.
The sales representative is the one who is to be blamed here.
Poor owner of the car.
Even though you might not have abused the machine but still..

Last edited by madhu33 : 13th June 2015 at 17:23.
Old 13th June 2015, 17:42   #4190
BHPian

No abuse absolutely. Not even driven on the road. It was with the consent of the customer by the way.
Old 13th June 2015, 17:52   #4191
BHPian

Quote:
New Delhi. The dealership hasn't received the test drive car yet. The sales guy kindly allowed us to drive a "soon to be delivered " vehicle. The clutch was super smooth and quite a revelation. The rest only subscribed to what I already love about the vehicle. The music system is good too.

I think I have read one your previous quotes on this. If it holds true than I might never be able to sell the storme too. My 21 year old Enfield is a testimony to this fact.
Agree with madhu33. Allowing a vehicle meant for delivery to be test driven doesn't reflect well on the dealership! The dealership in Chennai was slightly better by asking me to sit inside a ready for delivery storme and then the sales guy cranked the engine up to feel the 'vibration', AC effectiveness etc. Thankfully he didn't suggest I test drive it!

This itself was a shady practice to me.
Old 13th June 2015, 18:14   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with madhu33. Allowing a vehicle meant for delivery to be test driven doesn't reflect well on the dealership! The dealership in Chennai was slightly better by asking me to sit inside a ready for delivery storme and then the sales guy cranked the engine up to feel the 'vibration', AC effectiveness etc. Thankfully he didn't suggest I test drive it!

This itself was a shady practice to me.
I have replied on this in an earlier post. Once you descend from the moral high ground I hope you don't miss the woods from the trees and realise that the vehicle was just amazing
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 18:38   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
I have replied on this in an earlier post. Once you descend from the moral high ground I hope you don't miss the woods from the trees and realise that the vehicle was just amazing
Saw the earlier post about consent from the customer, so all is well yup, amazing vehicle just based on my experience with the older td vehicle. Am just waiting to test drive the new one and then book!
Old 13th June 2015, 20:22   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Am just waiting to test drive the new one and then book!
Me too.None of the showrooms in chennai have a test drive vehicle. Concorde motors have promised a test drive next week.
Old 14th June 2015, 14:17   #4195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
Congratulations. It definitely will be a wonderful experience.
Thanks. I also hope so. I had taken the TD with the 2014 2WD but found it to be much better experience than with Scorpio and XUV.

Also, request if anyone can guide me on the accessories. I would be getting the vehicle most probably on 22nd June. My SA has asked me to finalise the accessories list a couple of days in advance as that will help save time on the delivery day.

What is being suggested are Seat covers (Rs. 13000), Navigation System (Garmin for Rs. 9800), GPS Tracking device for Rs. 8000, Nudge Guard for Rs. 16000, and Day running Light for Rs. 12385.

What I am interested in are Explorer Decals (4200/) and Alloy wheel for the 5th Tyre (Rs. 6600). I do not have much knowledge of pricing but Seat covers in art leather seem to be very highly priced at 13K. Look forwards to all of you to guide on what makes sense and at what cost. Also, should I explore accessories from outside and if so any reliable source in Gurgaon?
Old 14th June 2015, 15:44   #4196
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase Aviddenis. Which dealership are you getting your Storme from? I have booked mine with Concorde South ExII and expect my vehicle around the same time. Urban Bronze suits the Storme very well.
Old 14th June 2015, 16:18   #4197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
Me too.None of the showrooms in chennai have a test drive vehicle. Concorde motors have promised a test drive next week.
I went to concorde again today and guess what, I am told the test drive vehicle will be here only by the end of the month! Citing some 'RTO permissions' as a reason for delay. I cant understand that since the actual vehicles are being delivered, then what is the hassle with a test drive vehicle.

So looks like a longish wait for me. Also visited the renault showroom to look again at the duster. The storme has spoilt me and am unable to look at anything beyond it - Duster, XUV, Scorpio, all are second priority unless something really messes up with the storme test drive and deal.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 17:40   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Congratulations on the purchase Aviddenis. Which dealership are you getting your Storme from? I have booked mine with Concorde South ExII and expect my vehicle around the same time. Urban Bronze suits the Storme very well.
I was told that the waiting period for a VX 4X4 is about 30 days or so.
Old 14th June 2015, 20:51   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Thanks Rajneesh. I have booked the car from Concorde Motors - Paschim Vihar. Frankly, it would have been very convenient for me to book it with a Gurgaon based dealer as I live in Manesar.

But the response or rather the complete lack of response from both Aristo and Dhingra Motors made me call up Concorde Motors. The response from the SA there was thankfully very prompt and helpful. I seriously wish that every Tata Dealership goes through some Ron Kaufmann type of program to better their service delivery.

Quote:
Hi. Yes, the waiting period is more than 1 month it seems. I had booked on 12th May and am being promised delivery by 22nd June. The SA has assured that the vehicle has left the plant and should be in the yard by the middle of the week. I have told him that I would like to go in for a PDI and he was mildly amused but agreed to arrange for the needful.
Old 15th June 2015, 10:25   #4200
BHPian

One Year 20,100 Km update:

My Storme completed one year yesterday and odo stands at 20,100 km. The occasion was celebrated by a drive to Agra by the expressway. All the horses were let loose and the beast responded very well to all it was subjected too. For the first time in last one year, I enjoyed the back seat of the SUV and realized why it is the best place to be.

Have faced no major issues in this first year of ownership but for door rattling that was taken care of with the help of duct tapes and hasnt resurfaced in last six months. Aristo Motors Gurgaon has been taking good care of the beast whenever it goes for servicing on mid interval engine oil change. Mileage has been in the range of 10-12 kmpl.

This has been as I have said before one of the best decisions taken. Nothing can beat the drive and presence of Storme in front of Scorpio, XUV and the ride quality is way better than the Fortunner. TATA has a loyal customer for life.
garyag79 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks